Old February 14th 20, 05:22 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Default raised letters

On 14/02/2020 10:41, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
got my new debit card today and it no longer has raised letters and
numbers...so I guess those old school credit card machines are no longer
? .....much easier to read

However, if you want to use a debit card instead of a credit card to
hire a car, some companies won't accept the ones without raised letters
(it is specifically noted).

SteveW

Old February 14th 20, 06:04 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14/02/2020 16:22, Steve Walker wrote:
On 14/02/2020 10:41, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
got my new debit card today and it no longer has raised letters and
numbers...so I guess those old school credit card machines are no
longer ? .....much easier to read

However, if you want to use a debit card instead of a credit card to
hire a car, some companies won't accept the ones without raised letters
(it is specifically noted).

SteveW

well that is progress for you .....
Old February 14th 20, 09:41 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 14 Feb 2020 16:14:46 +0000, Tim Streater
wrote:

snip

And what has whooshed T r o l l is that it is he who is treating this
ng as his personal Twitter feed, repeating as he does the same
content-free ******** with monotonous regularity.

Bwhahahaha ... at least *NONE* of what I post isn't directly forwarded
from ****ter, as per this Squeaker Goblin!!! (as it can't think for
itself)!!!

Cheers, T i m

Old February 14th 20, 10:45 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

snip

And what has whooshed T r o l l is that it is he who is treating this
ng as his personal Twitter feed, repeating as he does the same
content-free ******** with monotonous regularity.

Bwhahahaha ... at least *NONE* of what I post isn't directly forwarded
from ****ter, as per this Squeaker Goblin!!! (as it can't think for
itself)!!!

Cheers, T i m

A r e y o u o n y o u r p e r i o d T i m ?
Old February 15th 20, 12:17 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

"T i m" wrote in message
On Fri, 14 Feb 2020 10:41:04 +0000, "Jim GM4DHJ ..."
wrote:

got my new debit card today and it no longer has raised letters and
numbers...so I guess those old school credit card machines are no longer
? .....much easier to read

FFS Jimmy. ****ter is that way

Or at least have the decency to mark your *completely* OT threads as
such.

Wots wrong with a bit of indecency ?

Old February 15th 20, 12:20 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

snip

And what has whooshed T r o l l is that it is he who is treating this
ng as his personal Twitter feed, repeating as he does the same
content-free ******** with monotonous regularity.

Bwhahahaha ... at least *NONE* of what I post isn't directly forwarded
from ****ter, as per this Squeaker Goblin!!! (as it can't think for
itself)!!!

Cheers, T i m

A r e y o u o n y o u r p e r i o d T i m ?

The mere fact you ask such a thing says all about you we need to know
(thanks).

Cheers, T i m
Old February 15th 20, 12:36 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lonely Auto-contradicting Psychotic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert! LOL

On Sat, 15 Feb 2020 10:17:10 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Wots wrong with a bit of indecency ?

Will you shut your stupid senile gob finally, you senile trolling asshole?

--
Sqwertz to Rot Speed:
asshole.
Old February 15th 20, 02:12 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

"Max Demian" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 14/02/2020 10:41, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
got my new debit card today and it no longer has raised letters and
numbers...so I guess those old school credit card machines are no longer
? .....much easier to read

They'll have to write the numbers down with a Biro on the form when the
Sun flares up and wipes out all the electronics.

More likely when the hackers have hijacked the web site.

Old February 15th 20, 02:35 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

Max Demian wrote:

On 14/02/2020 10:41, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
got my new debit card today and it no longer has raised letters and
numbers...so I guess those old school credit card machines are no longer
? .....much easier to read

They'll have to write the numbers down with a Biro on the form when the
Sun flares up and wipes out all the electronics.

Yes, they can use the old telegraph for comms,[1] but the number of
abacus operators in the back end systems will be unbelievable.

[1] Does anyone know if we have a strategic reserve of thermionic
devices?

--

Roger Hayter
Old February 15th 20, 09:03 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

On 15/02/2020 01:35, Roger Hayter wrote:
Max Demian wrote:

On 14/02/2020 10:41, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
got my new debit card today and it no longer has raised letters and
numbers...so I guess those old school credit card machines are no longer
? .....much easier to read

They'll have to write the numbers down with a Biro on the form when the
Sun flares up and wipes out all the electronics.

Yes, they can use the old telegraph for comms,[1] but the number of
abacus operators in the back end systems will be unbelievable.

[1] Does anyone know if we have a strategic reserve of thermionic
devices?

I have a couple of 817s .....