Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Ebay returns rant.....

.....And a heads up.

Received an item, it doesn't fit, ie. it's incorrect.

So i've tried to return it through ebay's process and selected 'it
doesn't fit'.[1]
Ebay were trying to charge me postage, I don't want to pay postage
through ebay as they are charging about what the item is worth and in
any case return postage should be at the sellers cost.
(As it is i'm not that tight but it could have been posted as a large
letter whereas ebay are trying to charge me for a packet)

So I try to start a new return, noting that in the options is 'more
reasons', clicking this displays 'item description incorrect'.
We try that. But apparently there is already a return open now.
You can't edit a return reason and if you close a return you can't start
a new one.
Arse.

[1] Presumably this is pertinent to clothes and similar.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Sounds like the person designing he software does not live in the same
universe as the restof us.
Brian

ebay are a shower of *******s...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 9 Feb 2020 15:08:49 +0000, R D S wrote:

....And a heads up.

Received an item, it doesn't fit, ie. it's incorrect.

So i've tried to return it through ebay's process and selected 'it
doesn't fit'.[1]

Did you first contact the seller rather than 'eBay'?

Ebay were trying to charge me postage, I don't want to pay postage
through ebay as they are charging about what the item is worth and in
any case return postage should be at the sellers cost.
(As it is i'm not that tight but it could have been posted as a large
letter whereas ebay are trying to charge me for a packet)

With something that small I normally find they will either just send
out another one (if they have the right size) for free and tell me to
keep the wrong one or refund the total and tell me I can keep the
wrong one.

Most eBay sellers don't want to risk any bad feedback and hence why
it's always best to contact them directly first with a polite /
informative request (not saying you haven't if you did). ;-)

Cheers, T i m
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 09 Feb 2020 18:02:16 +0000, T i m wrote:

[...]

I had a faulty charger and they sent me a replacement with an apology.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 09 Feb 2020 18:12:20 +0000, Scott
wrote:

snip

Most eBay sellers don't want to risk any bad feedback and hence why
it's always best to contact them directly first with a polite /
informative request (not saying you haven't if you did). ;-)

I had a faulty charger and they sent me a replacement with an apology.

Quite.

I have been offered to keep all sorts of things where they have been
supplied incorrectly (short plugs that should have been long, 6mm ID
ring terminals that were actually 5mm etc).

A classic thing, especially from China is for stuff to not appear
within their predicted timescale's. Once contacted they will often
just resend and it has been know for the first batch to appear out of
the postal system (late). I always tell the sender and offer to pay
for the duplicates but they rarely accept my offer, giving me the
stuff instead.

I have also been asked to check with the local Post Office (where the
seller may have tracking or the item was more valuable) and *have*
found undelivered items with them where no card was left.

A picture, a good explanation of why it's wrong (after confirming you
ordered the right thing of course) and they are usually very
responsive.

I think I've only ever (in 1750+ eBay transactions) had to raise the
issue with eBay themselves and in both cases they took my side and
instructed the seller to offer a refund (and they did).

Cheers, T i m
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/02/2020 18:02, T i m wrote:
On Sun, 9 Feb 2020 15:08:49 +0000, R D S wrote:

....And a heads up.

Received an item, it doesn't fit, ie. it's incorrect.

So i've tried to return it through ebay's process and selected 'it
doesn't fit'.[1]

Did you first contact the seller rather than 'eBay'?

That was my first instinct, but I read his feedback (which I should have
done before ordering the item :rollseyes and decided that was pointless.

I have contactaed them since. we'll see what happens. It's only a few quid.

The ebay process steers you, contact seller - i'd like to return my
item......
Posted to uk.d-i-y

R D S wrote:
[...]

Indeed, 'it didn't fit' usually means the item is the right size but the
user is the wrong size. Although it would be difficult to prove that an
item of clothing wasn't 'Extra Large' given everyone's definition of XL
varies wildly.

'Not as described' would be what you want.

Contacting CS is the thing to do.

I had this where I ordered an 8 quid item from Amazon and their returns was
railroading me into paying 4 quid for return postage. What irritated me was
there was no 'I'll pay my own postage' option - and pocketing pennies here
and there is how they make their money. I moaned at CS and they gave me a
return address and said they'd refund postage if I emailed a receipt. It
cost a quid at the Post Office (I CBA to scan the receipt), and the refund
did come through when it arrived at their end.

Theo
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message
Sounds like the person designing he software does not live in the same
universe as the restof us.
Brian

ebay are a shower of *******s...

Works fine for me tho not as good with
disputes as amazon.

Aliexpress is much worse with disputed transactions.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 9 Feb 2020 20:38:54 +0000, R D S wrote:

On 09/02/2020 18:02, T i m wrote:
On Sun, 9 Feb 2020 15:08:49 +0000, R D S wrote:

....And a heads up.

Received an item, it doesn't fit, ie. it's incorrect.

So i've tried to return it through ebay's process and selected 'it
doesn't fit'.[1]

Did you first contact the seller rather than 'eBay'?

That was my first instinct, but I read his feedback (which I should have
done before ordering the item :rollseyes

Yup, easily forgotten in the moment ...

and decided that was pointless.

Whilst you might be right, it does make me wonder if some of the
bigger sellers attract false neg feedback from their rivals?

I have contactaed them since. we'll see what happens. It's only a few quid.

Let us know. ;-)

The ebay process steers you, contact seller - i'd like to return my
item......

It does indeed and I generally ignore that and go straight to 'contact
seller'. This advice is often offered by the sellers themselves as
they are so keen to avoid negative feedback before they get the chance
to remedy the situation.

Cheers, T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lonely Auto-contradicting Psychotic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert! LOL

On Mon, 10 Feb 2020 08:31:57 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

ebay are a shower of *******s...

Works fine for me tho not as good with
disputes as amazon.

....and this senile asshole HAD to auto-contradict, yet AGAIN! ROTFOL!!!

--
Kerr-Mudd,John addressing senile Rot:
MID:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09 Feb 2020 21:02:33 +0000 (GMT), Theo
wrote:

snip

I had this where I ordered an 8 quid item from Amazon and their returns was
railroading me into paying 4 quid for return postage. What irritated me was
there was no 'I'll pay my own postage' option - and pocketing pennies here
and there is how they make their money. I moaned at CS and they gave me a
return address and said they'd refund postage if I emailed a receipt. It
cost a quid at the Post Office (I CBA to scan the receipt), and the refund
did come through when it arrived at their end.

I just returned a dog bed that was much bigger than advertised [1].
They got DHL to collect it (foc to me) and gave me a collection time
range between 9am and 5pm on an agree day. Not looking forward to
having to hang about for the day, I was actually pleased when they
collected it at 8:30 am. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

[1] Their stated dimension didn't match the actual by quite a
percentage.

p.s. We have a dog that when stretched out can easily take up 2 seats
on the sofa but when curled up only takes the space of a large cat.
;-)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 9 February 2020 21:02:38 UTC, Theo wrote:
R D S wrote:
[...]

Beware of buying clothes from China - their XL is probably our XS. And there are some pretty funny pics of clothes from China being not really what was shown in the ads.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
R D S wrote:
So i've tried to return it through ebay's process and selected 'it
doesn't fit'.[1]
Ebay were trying to charge me postage, I don't want to pay postage
through ebay as they are charging about what the item is worth and in
any case return postage should be at the sellers cost.

Whether or not to automatically pay return postage is at the discretion of
the seller, unless the goods are faulty in some way. In which case, raise
a dispute.

I've just returned a faulty keyboard, and that did give a pre-paid return
label.

--
*A backward poet writes inverse.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 10 Feb 2020 10:14:28 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

snip

I've just returned a faulty keyboard, and that did give a pre-paid return
label.

I think we all might typically check the sellers feedback history (if
they are Chinese seller with tens of thousands of sales you might
accept a slightly lower feedback rating than someone with only a few
sales), check the returns rules and whilst considering the cost of the
item (in general) or when compared with 'better sources, buy or not.

Ironically, I've also paid more to get a few of something I need
quickly (where they say it will be with me in a couple of days) from
the UK ... and because I will need more, also order more for less from
a Chinese supplier, only to get the one from the Chinese seller first
(when they say the items could be delivered in a couple of weeks).

I just had delivered from CPC a 10M 13A trailing lead with a double
socket that only took up 1/6th of the box they put it in. The box has
'OVERPACK' on it so maybe they already know. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ss ss is offline

On 10/02/2020 10:40, T i m wrote:

I just had delivered from CPC a 10M 13A trailing lead with a double
socket that only took up 1/6th of the box they put it in. The box has
'OVERPACK' on it so maybe they already know. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

You gotta try and stay one jump ahead, I had a delivery via ebay
delivered by Hermes, I made a claim knowing they would ask for pictures
and attempt the `not properly packed`scenario so I repacked the box with
polstyrene on all sides to the point it would negate their claim it
wasnt properly packed, then I took pictures and sent to them, credit was
forthcoming.

Ebay ...as much as I dont like them considering all options I think they
are reasonably fair, with over a couple thousand transactions I have not
yet lost a single penny, I had to replace a couple of items that buyers
claimed they never recieved but thats about it. £2 value so just
credited them.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
ss wrote:
On 10/02/2020 10:40, T i m wrote:

[...]

Quite. The percentage of transactions where you'll likely have a problem
no worse than anywhere else.

I remember buying something from Argos. On opening it at home, it was
obviously a return and badly re-packed. And the batteries for the remote
control missing (instructions said provided) All Argos offered was a
refund. But I did want the item, so had to take the hit.

--
*It was recently discovered that research causes cancer in rats*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Last summer we bought an induction hob from Appliances Direct for £775, now retailing direct from Bosch for nearly £900. It arrived with the glass top smashed with cracks emanating from a single point on one edge, it was obviously dropped on a hard corner in transit. I duly photographed the damage and requested a replacement. I was contacted by the seller that a replacement was on the way, when I asked about the damaged one they simply said dispose of it they did not want it back. I checked on the Bosch website and a replacement glass top at the time was £195 retail and probably cheaper for the trade. The glass was held on by twelve screws a repair job that would take all of 10mins. You would have thought under the circumstances they would took it back and done the repair even if they could only sell it on as a second!

Anyway anyone interested in a brand new unused hob worth circa £800 just needs a £204 glass top attaching?

Richard
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Tricky Dicky wrote:
Anyway anyone interested in a brand new unused hob worth circa £800 just
needs a £204 glass top attaching?

Fix it yourself and re-sell on Ebay?

--
*Sticks and stones may break my bones but whips and chains excite me*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/02/2020 15:53, Tricky Dicky wrote:
[...]

have you tested it to see if the glass was the only thing broken?

--
Robin

Ebay Seller stanp2323 Worst Ebay Experience EVER be careful Bond[_2_] Woodworking 0 July 23rd 07 11:29 PM
ON TOPIC (RANT) MidAmerican Extrusions (RANT) Pedro Metalworking 4 April 25th 05 11:02 PM
Anyone experience returns with Plumbworld??? John Borman UK diy 3 January 17th 05 01:26 PM
Basement returns PVR Home Repair 2 January 12th 05 07:43 AM
Gift Certificates & Returns for WoodWorkers Warehouse Stores in NY Bob S. Woodworking 0 December 20th 03 10:47 PM