Old February 9th 20, 02:40 PM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.computer.workshop,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

Default UNBELIEVABLE: It's 00:44 am in Australia and the Senile Ozzietard is out of Bed and TROLLING, already!!!! LOL

On Mon, 10 Feb 2020 00:44:19 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH the sleepless senile cretin's latest troll****

00:44 ???? ROTFLOL!!! And you got up ALREADY, yet AGAIN, just so you could
continue with your senile trolling without too long a break, poor lonely
psycho?

Is your unbearable loneliness not letting you "sleep in" again, you
clinically insane senile troll?

--
Sqwertz to Rot Speed:
asshole.

Old February 9th 20, 03:34 PM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.computer.workshop,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

Default Why doesn't everything use solid aluminium capacitors?

"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
news[email protected]
On Sun, 09 Feb 2020 13:44:19 -0000, Rod Speed
wrote:

Cost.

Commander Kinsey wrote

Motherboards used them over a decade ago, so why do I still find leaking
electrolytics in TVs?

Cost.

https://www.extremetech.com/extreme/...herboard-line?

I tried to find the cheapest normal and solid capacitors on Ebay, as an
example 270uf, 16V:
Normal: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/123940375447
Solid: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/361349708743
3.94 for normal, 3.83 for solid, so pretty much the same price.

That's not the prices that manufacturers pay,

Try alibaba.

Sizing also almost equal: 12x9mm vs 12x8mm (the solid ones are slightly
smaller)

Old February 9th 20, 03:52 PM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.computer.workshop,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

wrote:

Cost.

Commander Kinsey wrote

Motherboards used them over a decade ago, so why do I still find leaking
electrolytics in TVs?

Cost.

https://www.extremetech.com/extreme/...herboard-line?

I tried to find the cheapest normal and solid capacitors on Ebay, as an
example 270uf, 16V:
Normal: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/123940375447
Solid: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/361349708743
3.94 for normal, 3.83 for solid, so pretty much the same price.

That's not the prices that manufacturers pay,

Try alibaba.

Just did, again similar prices when buying 100,000 of them.

Old February 9th 20, 04:06 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Stop excessive crosposting...

I suppose cos they can get them el chepo. I also have found toward the end
of the 90s, those little tantalum caps that look like blobs of resin
coloured blue tend to go leaky and damage the rest of the circuit.
Nothing is supposed to last any more.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!

Old February 9th 20, 04:22 PM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.computer.workshop,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

Default UNBELIEVABLE: It's 02:34 am in Australia and the Senile Ozzietard has been out of Bed and TROLLING for OVER TWO HOURS already!!!! LOL

On Mon, 10 Feb 2020 02:34:37 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH the senile asshole's latest troll****

02:34 already??? LOL So you have been up and trolling for OVER TWO HOURS,
yet again!

IOW, it WILL be another lonely long miserable night of trolling for you, you
clinically insane sociopathic senile pest! LOL

--
Bod addressing abnormal senile quarreller Rodent Speed:
"Do you practice arguing with yourself in an empty room?"

Old February 9th 20, 04:24 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Troll-feeding Senile IDIOT Alert! LOL

On Sun, 9 Feb 2020 16:06:41 -0000, Brainless & Daft, the notorious,
troll-feeding senile idiot, blathered again:

Stop excessive crosposting...

Yeah, Brainless & Daft, try to talk sense into a PROVEN clinically insane
sociopathic troll! tsk
Old February 9th 20, 04:35 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,alt.computer.workshop,alt.comp.os.windows-10

What's wrong with crossposting? There are 4 groups where people might know the answer. Yes, I could post 4 times seperately, but then people wouldn't see each other's replies.

I've checked both Ebay and Alibaba (where you can buy huge bulk quantities), and the prices are no different.

I've never seen the tantalum ones break.

Old February 9th 20, 04:43 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Stop excessive crosposting...

I suppose cos they can get them el chepo. I also have found toward the end
of the 90s, those little tantalum caps that look like blobs of resin
coloured blue tend to go leaky and damage the rest of the circuit.
Nothing is supposed to last any more.
Brian

I remember working on (expensive) test equipment in the 80s and a common
failure mechanism with the tantalum bead capacitors was a short circuit
taking out other components.

Old February 9th 20, 06:16 PM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.computer.workshop,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Sun, 09 Feb 2020 11:55:15 -0000, Fredxx wrote:

On 09/02/2020 11:41:25, Commander Kinsey wrote:
Motherboards used them over a decade ago, so why do I still find
leaking electrolytics in TVs?
https://www.extremetech.com/extreme/...herboard-line?

Cost.

I tried to find the cheapest normal and solid capacitors on Ebay, as
an example 270uf, 16V: Normal: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/123940375447
Solid: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/361349708743
3.94 for normal, 3.83 for solid, so pretty much the same price.
Sizing also almost equal: 12x9mm vs 12x8mm (the solid ones are
slightly smaller)

Asks the unemployable trolling ****** with a degree in micro electronics. He
has yet to contribute anything to any group.
What a waste of money and oxygen you always have been, phucker.

Old February 9th 20, 06:30 PM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.computer.workshop,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Sun, 09 Feb 2020 18:16:02 -0000, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Sun, 09 Feb 2020 11:55:15 -0000, Fredxx wrote:

On 09/02/2020 11:41:25, Commander Kinsey wrote:
Motherboards used them over a decade ago, so why do I still find
leaking electrolytics in TVs?
https://www.extremetech.com/extreme/...herboard-line?

Cost.

I tried to find the cheapest normal and solid capacitors on Ebay, as
an example 270uf, 16V: Normal: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/123940375447
Solid: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/361349708743
3.94 for normal, 3.83 for solid, so pretty much the same price.
Sizing also almost equal: 12x9mm vs 12x8mm (the solid ones are
slightly smaller)

Asks the unemployable trolling ****** with a degree in micro electronics. He
has yet to contribute anything to any group.
What a waste of money and oxygen you always have been, phucker.

I take it you know the answer then? Or are you just arguing for no reason?