DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Forte Agent Usenet Reader (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/644420-forte-agent-usenet-reader.html)

pfj February 8th 20 08:18 AM

Forte Agent Usenet Reader

Are there any knowlegeable Agent users on this NG?
I've done something to Agent that causes it to display all messages as
single messages and not shown in message threads.
The built in Help has little info on "Threads" and I'm at a loss. Any
help greatly appreciated.
pfj

Chris J Dixon February 8th 20 09:29 AM

Forte Agent Usenet Reader

pfj wrote:

Are there any knowlegeable Agent users on this NG?
I've done something to Agent that causes it to display all messages as
single messages and not shown in message threads.
The built in Help has little info on "Threads" and I'm at a loss. Any
help greatly appreciated.

Right click the header for the Date column and select one of the
thread sort options.

Failing this, look in Help at:
Options Dialog, Navigation and Menus
Message Sorting Panel

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK
@ChrisJDixon1

Plant amazing Acers.

Brian Gaff \(Sofa 2\) February 8th 20 05:33 PM

Forte Agent Usenet Reader

That does not sound very accessible, make mental note not to use that one.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"John" wrote in message
news:alit3flmcggpsbv5kpo3g482co5v5dpl8m@astraweb.. .
pfj wrote:

I've done something to Agent that causes it to display all messages as
single messages and not shown in message threads.
The built in Help has little info on "Threads" and I'm at a loss. Any
help greatly appreciated.

Click on the little button which is a plus sign inside a right-pointing box
within the 'Lines' button ("Click to turn the threaded sort on and off").

Graham.[_13_] February 8th 20 11:10 PM

Forte Agent Usenet Reader

On Sat, 8 Feb 2020 17:33:05 -0000, "Brian Gaff \(Sofa 2\)"
wrote:

That does not sound very accessible, make mental note not to use that one.
Brian

I'm a fan of Forte Agent although my Version 2.0 is very old, but then
so is USENET.

It does have its foibles though, the default settings are nowhere near
how I like them, as I have rediscovered when I recently reinstalled it
along with Windows 10.

The most annoying thing is, if I'm a bit to hasty replying to a post
and forget to open the follow up window, it interprets each key-stroke
as a command and will, for example, mark everything "read" turn off
word wrap and constant-pitch, show headers etc.

I still think it is far better than Thunderbird, but there again I
like TB for email.

Dave W[_2_] February 9th 20 11:42 AM

Forte Agent Usenet Reader

wrote:

That does not sound very accessible, make mental note not to use that one.
Brian

I'm a fan of Forte Agent although my Version 2.0 is very old, but then
so is USENET.

It does have its foibles though, the default settings are nowhere near
how I like them, as I have rediscovered when I recently reinstalled it
along with Windows 10.

The most annoying thing is, if I'm a bit to hasty replying to a post
and forget to open the follow up window, it interprets each key-stroke
as a command and will, for example, mark everything "read" turn off
word wrap and constant-pitch, show headers etc.

I still think it is far better than Thunderbird, but there again I
like TB for email.

I am on Agent 1.7, and right-clicking does nothing. I just have to
click at the top of the left-hand column to toggle betwen 'Thread' and
'Size' for sorting.

If I click on the 'Author' or 'Date' columns for sorting, the
left-hand column title changes to 'Status' and posts I've read show an
indicator.
--
Dave W