DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   B&Q Glitter Paint (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/644128-b-q-glitter-paint.html)

John February 1st 20 01:07 PM

B&Q Glitter Paint

Has anyone any experience of using the B&Q "Good Homes" paint that comes
with a sachet of glitter stuff.
Bought it - not realising the glitter had to be added in.

Brian Gaff \(Sofa 2\) February 2nd 20 08:16 AM

B&Q Glitter Paint

I thought glitter was one of those microplastic substances being phased out
as dangerous to wildlife?
I cannot actually think of a use case for paint with glitter in it, does
this act like textured paint? I'd imagine you will be finding glitter for
years.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
2.236...

Rod Speed February 2nd 20 08:43 AM

B&Q Glitter Paint

Brian Gaff (Sofa 2) wrote

I thought glitter was one of those microplastic substances
being phased out as dangerous to wildlife?

But if we did that, there would be no glitterati, stupid.

I cannot actually think of a use case for paint with glitter in it,

Bet plenty of little girls can.

does this act like textured paint?

Sort of, bit it glitters.

I'd imagine you will be finding glitter for years.

Wots wrong with that ?

Peeler[_4_] February 2nd 20 09:16 AM

Lonely Auto-contradicting Psychotic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert! LOL

On Sun, 2 Feb 2020 19:43:40 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH the demented senile asshole's latest troll****

"Ah, the voice of scum speaks."
MID:

polygonum_on_google[_2_] February 2nd 20 11:53 AM

B&Q Glitter Paint

On Sunday, 2 February 2020 08:17:02 UTC, Brian Gaff (Sofa 2) wrote:
I thought glitter was one of those microplastic substances being phased out
as dangerous to wildlife?
I cannot actually think of a use case for paint with glitter in it, does
this act like textured paint? I'd imagine you will be finding glitter for
years.
Brian

I'd argue that many car paints are effectively glitter-loaded paints. Metallic paints have shiny bits (albeit fine aluminium-based) and perlescent have fine mica-like bits.

Also, there are many suggestions for using glitter-loaded paints as a cheap alternative to "proper" reflective paints.

And dolls houses.

Dave Plowman (News) February 2nd 20 12:05 PM

B&Q Glitter Paint

In article ,
Brian Gaff \(Sofa 2\) wrote:
I thought glitter was one of those microplastic substances being phased
out as dangerous to wildlife? I cannot actually think of a use case for
paint with glitter in it, does this act like textured paint? I'd
imagine you will be finding glitter for years.

I'd guess that's how all metallic paints are made - as used on perhaps
most cars?

--
*Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.