Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Blink Camera Batteries

What are the consequences of using batteries other than Lithium in the
camera? Just life?
I have some recharchable Eneloops
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 31/01/2020 13:48, John wrote:
What are the consequences of using batteries other than Lithium in the
camera? Just life?
I have some recharchable Eneloops

Er, the wrong geometry and voltage?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 31 January 2020 13:48:27 UTC, John wrote:
What are the consequences of using batteries other than Lithium in the
camera? Just life?
I have some recharchable Eneloops

My experience is a tendency for the camera to flatten them rather fast. (Might not be truly flat, but if the camera isn't happy with them, they might as well be.)

Have to admit that those lithium AA cells do seem to last well in cameras - compared to almost everything else I have tried. Just far too expensive.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

And of course you cannot charge them with the same type of charger.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"newshound" wrote in message
On 31/01/2020 13:48, John wrote:
What are the consequences of using batteries other than Lithium in the
camera? Just life?
I have some recharchable Eneloops

Er, the wrong geometry and voltage?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Gaff wrote:

And of course you cannot charge them [...]

at all, they're primary lithium cells.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 31/01/2020 14:16, John wrote:
newshound wrote in news:Tb-
:

On 31/01/2020 13:48, John wrote:
What are the consequences of using batteries other than Lithium in the
camera? Just life?
I have some recharchable Eneloops

Er, the wrong geometry and voltage?

https://www.energizer.com/batteries/...hium-batteries

We are not psychic, and you didn't specify the camera either, which
would have helped.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

https://www.energizer.com/batteries/...hium-batteries

We are not psychic, and you didn't specify the camera either, which
would have helped.

Sorry - was in the original title Blink XT2
Posted to uk.d-i-y

And of course you cannot charge them with the same type of charger.
Brian

The lithium batteries that Blink recommend are not rechargeable.

Blink recommend not using rechargeable or Alkaline batteries.

They give a life expectancy for the batteries at two years BUT only with
the camera operating for 60 seconds a day (8 seconds a day if controlled
remotely for live viewing). Many reviews of these cameras suggest that
the battery life figure maybe is somewhat optimistic as the motion
sensors that trigger operation are too sensitive.

I suspect that the OP may be going through expensive lithium batteries
rather quickly and is looking for an alternative. The fact that Blink
don't recommend certain types of battery suggests that the battery life
expectancy depends on both terminal voltage and capacity and swapping
from their recommended lithium type will result in more frequent battery
changes.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

alan_m wrote in news:h9l5laF2orlU1
@mid.individual.net:

[...]

It was really a slight case of "desperation" after the batteries went flat
and the local shops don't seem to stock them. Awaiting order to be
delivered from EBay. Just wanted something to tide me over till they arrive
as sods law would suggest that if the camera was left down then something
would happen.
Quite pleased with it other than it tends to trigger in the de-selected
areas if a large van drives past.
Good value - with no installation issues - wiring, etc.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 01/02/2020 11:08, John wrote:

https://www.energizer.com/batteries/...hium-batteries

We are not psychic, and you didn't specify the camera either, which
would have helped.

Sorry - was in the original title Blink XT2

Didn't recognise the name. Almost all my digital cameras use Li-Ion.
Can't do any harm by trying Eneloops but I suspect life may be short.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

newshound wrote in
:

On 01/02/2020 11:08, John wrote:

https://www.energizer.com/batteries/...-lithium-batte
ries

We are not psychic, and you didn't specify the camera either, which
would have helped.

Sorry - was in the original title Blink XT2

Didn't recognise the name. Almost all my digital cameras use Li-Ion.
Can't do any harm by trying Eneloops but I suspect life may be short.

It is a security camera.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lonely Auto-contradicting Psychotic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert! LOL

On Sun, 2 Feb 2020 04:58:33 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

It was really a slight case of "desperation" after the batteries went flat
and the local shops don't seem to stock them. Awaiting order to be
delivered from EBay. Just wanted something to tide me over till they
arrive
as sods law would suggest that if the camera was left down then something
would happen.
Quite pleased with it other than it tends to trigger in the de-selected
areas if a large van drives past.
Good value - with no installation issues - wiring, etc.

My real reservation with them is that they are
much too easy to steal such an expensive camera.

NOBODY gives a ****, you sleepless Arsetralian asshole troll!

cretin from Oz:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 01/02/2020 11:38, John wrote:
[...]

Interesting to hear the experience. Something I havn't needed yet, but
sometimes think about. Always worth trying rechargables in the absence
of lithiums, but in an emergency ordinary "duracells" will match the
voltage, just not last anything like so long.

Blink Security Camera John UK diy 18 October 7th 19 10:31 PM
sony vcr slv-x57 problem: display and buttons rapidly blink A C Electronics Repair 1 May 7th 05 01:08 AM
led blink pic 16F877 sinner Electronics 7 January 21st 05 09:34 PM
Garbage Disposal On The Blink [email protected] Home Repair 14 December 31st 04 09:43 PM
Troubleshooting Sony blink codes Lenny Electronics Repair 3 November 17th 04 10:54 AM