Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Aldi DIY this week

I saw this in their 23/01/2019 specials:

https://www.aldi.co.uk/workzone-tabl...99235326401400

And offer you this:

Table vice, table vice,
Every morning you grip me
Small and light
Clean and tight
You look happy to squeeze me
Acme of clutch
May you fasten and crush
Fasten and crush forever
Table vice, table vice,
Hold my work-piece forever

With sincere apologies.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 23 January 2020 19:15:32 UTC, polygonum_on_google wrote:
I saw this in their 23/01/2019 specials:

https://www.aldi.co.uk/workzone-tabl...99235326401400

O Tablevice, O Tablevice
You're so neat, so small and nice
Through summers heat and winters chill
You will hold the workpiece still
O Tablevice, O Tablevice
You're so neat, so small and nice

O Tablevice, O Tablevice
A good job you do presage
That faith and hope shall ever bloom
Sawdust swept clear with a soft broom
You bear a joyful message
O Tablevice, O Tablevice
A good job you do presage

Or as it's Aldi

O Tablevice, O Tablevice
Du bist so hübsch, so klein und nett
Durch Sommerhitze und Winterkälte
Sie halten das Werkstück ruhig
O Tablevice, O Tablevice
Du bist so hübsch, so klein und nett

O Tablevice, O Tablevice
Ein guter Job, den Sie vorgeben
Dieser Glaube und Hoffnung immer blühen
Sägemehl klärte sich mit weichen Besen
Du trägst eine freudige Botschaft
O Tablevice, O Tablevice
Ein guter Job, den Sie vorgeben

Owain
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 23 January 2020 19:42:01 UTC, wrote:
O Tablevice, O Tablevice
Du bist so hübsch, so klein und nett
Durch Sommerhitze und Winterkälte
Sie halten das Werkstück ruhig
O Tablevice, O Tablevice
Du bist so hübsch, so klein und nett

Just realised that Tischschraubstock would also scan

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

[...]

Sehr gut, danke.

(I was prompted to ask if I wanted "Translate message into English". :-) )
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/01/2020 19:41, wrote:
[...]

LOL!

Two obvious contenders to be the next Poet Laureate.

On a practical note - bringing it back to DIY - I bought one of these a
couple of years ago. It works ok, but I had to re-engineer it
considerably - particularly fettling the ball of the ball-joint, which
was very rough and jerky. But what do you expect for £7?!

Following the original link also shows a suction vice - with its suction
pad straddling a gap between two planks. No chance that would stay put!
--
Cheers,
Roger

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Why does everyone send up The Sound of music by writing alternative lyrics.
I always recall a song that we used to sing, though the lyrics are long
forgotten, but.
The hills have arrived with a pound of moose meat....
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
wrote in message
[...]

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Oh dear...
Unfortunately having just listened to an after the watershed program on bbc
sounds, I immediately thought table vice was the at of having sex on a
table. Terribly corrupting these bbc local radio shows.
Brian

--
----- --

"polygonum_on_google" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 23 January 2020 20:10:13 UTC, Brian Gaff (Sofa 2) wrote:
Why does everyone send up The Sound of music by writing alternative lyrics.
I always recall a song that we used to sing, though the lyrics are long
forgotten, but.
The hills have arrived with a pound of moose meat....
Brian

For a very simple reason - as soon as I read the words "Table Vice" my brain put them to the tune of Edelweiss.

Curiously, I find there is a disconnect between that song and SoM. I heard the song numerous times back in the 60s (probably on the radio and TV) but hadn't seen the film until many years later. And when I did eventually see it, I was almost surprised that the song was in it.

The film was in many ways better than I had expected, though not really my taste.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 23 January 2020 20:05:19 UTC, Roger Mills wrote:
On 23/01/2020 19:41, wrote:
[...]

Thanks - I had vaguely thought of getting the non-suction one - will look very carefully before buying.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

When I bought my first betamax video machine a copy of the Sound of Music
came with it.
I watched it once I think. Its OK but not really my scene either. Musicals
are a pretty strange form of entertainment.
The other day I listened to an AD version of Mama Mia all over again, and
apart from the music the rest seemed almost pointless to me.
Stories in musicals seem to be either ones of somewhat modified real life
or completely written to use songs already written. Sound of music is the
former. Flower Drum song is one where the original music is there but with
more modern words of course.
I think possibly t the best musicals are those which are kind of fantasies
already, like Cats, Starlight Express or the Rocky Horror show, I mean if
you have to suspend reality you might as well go the whole hog.
I'm waiting for Shawn the Sheep the Musical myself, or how about Pepper
Pig?
Brian

--
----- --
[...]

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 23 January 2020 20:25:29 UTC, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:
[...]

The standard musical is pretty awful in my view. SoM actually had some bits that worked well and sometimes the songs actually were part of the story and not just bunged in.

Cabaret was another where some songs were natural parts of the story.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Gaff (Sofa 2) wrote

Oh dear...

Indeed.

Unfortunately having just listened to an after the watershed program on
bbc sounds, I immediately thought table vice was the at of having sex on
a table.

That’s just your cess pit of a 'mind' and I'd have you publicly
flogged if you hadn't so obviously enjoyed that the last time.

Terribly corrupting these bbc local radio shows.

Only if you have a cess pit of a 'mind'

[...]

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lonely Auto-contradicting Psychotic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert! LOL

On Fri, 24 Jan 2020 07:55:32 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH the senile trolling asshole's latest troll****

....and nothing's left.

cretin from Oz:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Yes but cabaret was about, well to some extent, show biz, so I suppose not
so much of a stretch.
Its interesting, actually to listen to old Beatles recordings, the out
takes and messing about bits, in one John fits lyrics about Yokos divorce
having come through into the tune of Oh Darling.
Its easy to see how musicals ideas are born.
Brian

--
----- --
[...]

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 23 Jan 2020 11:15:28 -0800 (PST), polygonum_on_google
wrote:

I saw this in their 23/01/2019 specials:

https://www.aldi.co.uk/workzone-tabl...99235326401400

And offer you this:

Table vice, table vice,
Every morning you grip me
Small and light
Clean and tight
You look happy to squeeze me
Acme of clutch
May you fasten and crush
Fasten and crush forever
Table vice, table vice,
Hold my work-piece forever

With sincere apologies.

My wife accused me of spending too much on DIY nick-nacks from Aldi
and Lidl,especially as I'm getting on a bit and doing less and less.
She claims this would be an IdleVise.
--

Mike

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

I saw this in their 23/01/2019 specials:

https://www.aldi.co.uk/workzone-tabl...99235326401400

And offer you this:

Table vice, table vice,
Every morning you grip me
Small and light
Clean and tight
You look happy to squeeze me
Acme of clutch
May you fasten and crush
Fasten and crush forever
Table vice, table vice,
Hold my work-piece forever

With sincere apologies.

My wife accused me of spending too much on DIY nick-nacks from Aldi
and Lidl,especially as I'm getting on a bit and doing less and less.
She claims this would be an IdleVise.

Another film entirely. :-)

DOLITTLE

This is absolutely typical of a woman!
She makes one pie and goes completely mad!
Been here two minutes and she's re-planning the entire trip!
I didn't think the pie was all that wonderful!
Is there any more?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

polygonum_on_google Wrote in message:
On Thursday, 23 January 2020 20:10:13 UTC, Brian Gaff (Sofa 2) wrote:
Why does everyone send up The Sound of music by writing alternative lyrics.
I always recall a song that we used to sing, though the lyrics are long
forgotten, but.
The hills have arrived with a pound of moose meat....
Brian

For a very simple reason - as soon as I read the words "Table Vice" my brain put them to the tune of Edelweiss.

Curiously, I find there is a disconnect between that song and SoM. I heard the song numerous times back in the 60s (probably on the radio and TV) but hadn't seen the film until many years later. And when I did eventually see it, I was almost surprised that the song was in it.

The film was in many ways better than I had expected, though not really my taste.

The clip-clop rythym in Doris Day's "Secret Love" always seems to
take me by surprise. How can we get away with this in a cowboy
movie.
--
__
%Profound_observation%

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

I saw this in their 23/01/2019 specials:

https://www.aldi.co.uk/workzone-tabl...99235326401400

And offer you this:

Table vice, table vice,
Every morning you grip me
Small and light
Clean and tight
You look happy to squeeze me
Acme of clutch
May you fasten and crush
Fasten and crush forever
Table vice, table vice,
Hold my work-piece forever

With sincere apologies.

My wife accused me of spending too much on DIY nick-nacks from Aldi
and Lidl,especially as I'm getting on a bit and doing less and less.
She claims this would be an IdleVise.

For any who still havn't seen it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cL7jyXCQ2Zc

For Brian:

http://www.mickeymacconnell.com/Lyri...and%20Aldi.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 23 January 2020 20:17:24 UTC, polygonum_on_google wrote:
On Thursday, 23 January 2020 20:10:13 UTC, Brian Gaff (Sofa 2) wrote:
Why does everyone send up The Sound of music by writing alternative lyrics.
I always recall a song that we used to sing, though the lyrics are long
forgotten, but.
The hills have arrived with a pound of moose meat....
Brian

For a very simple reason - as soon as I read the words "Table Vice" my brain put them to the tune of Edelweiss.

Mine was I'm dreamaing of a vice chrismas, it's only 336 days away.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

news
wrote:

I saw this in their 23/01/2019 specials:

https://www.aldi.co.uk/workzone-tabl...99235326401400

And offer you this:

Table vice, table vice,
Every morning you grip me
Small and light
Clean and tight
You look happy to squeeze me
Acme of clutch
May you fasten and crush
Fasten and crush forever
Table vice, table vice,
Hold my work-piece forever

With sincere apologies.

My wife accused me of spending too much on DIY nick-nacks from Aldi
and Lidl,especially as I'm getting on a bit and doing less and less.
She claims this would be an IdleVise.

That's when you trade her in on a new bimbo
like D i m's daughter.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default UNBELIEVABLE: It's 05:01 am in Australia and the Senile Ozzietard has been out of Bed and TROLLING for AN HOUR already!!!! LOL

On Sat, 25 Jan 2020 05:01:54 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH the sleepless senile troll's latest troll****

05:01??? LOL Shouldn't you be trying to get back to bed again, senile pest?
Or are you afraid you might miss some important info on these groups? LOL

--
Marland revealing the senile sociopath's pathology:
"You have mentioned Alexa in a couple of threads recently, it is not a real
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

I saw this in their 23/01/2019 specials:

https://www.aldi.co.uk/workzone-tabl...99235326401400

And offer you this:

Table vice, table vice,
Every morning you grip me
Small and light
Clean and tight
You look happy to squeeze me
Acme of clutch
May you fasten and crush
Fasten and crush forever
Table vice, table vice,
Hold my work-piece forever

With sincere apologies.

My wife accused me of spending too much on DIY nick-nacks from Aldi
and Lidl,especially as I'm getting on a bit and doing less and less.
She claims this would be an IdleVise.

That's when you trade her in on a new bimbo
like D i m's daughter.

That'll be nice. As long as the new one doesn't require bigly
exertions in the pyjama department.
--

Mike
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, 25 January 2020 08:46:59 UTC, Mike Halmarack wrote:
That'll be nice. As long as the new one doesn't require bigly
exertions in the pyjama department.

Putting pyjamas on, or taking them off?

I think next birthday I'll be getting the fleecy ones with velcro.

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

Its unlikely that D i m's daughter does given
that she spends her days shovelling up dead
cat corpses and chopping down big trees etc.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default UNBELIEVABLE: It's 02:43 am in Australia and the Senile Ozzietard is out of Bed and TROLLING, already!!!! LOL

On Sun, 26 Jan 2020 02:43:00 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH senile troll's troll****

02:43??? LOL Another long night of insipid trolling ahead for you again, you
lonesome trolling senile pest?

"That¢s because so much **** and ****e emanates from your gob that there is
and the end of prick is only clear because you are such a ******."

This week's Aldi bargain Lobster UK diy 28 September 28th 06 12:35 AM
Lots of DIY at Aldi next week xscope UK diy 6 July 15th 06 12:02 AM
Aldi next week The3rd Earl Of Derby UK diy 2 May 12th 06 02:34 PM
Aldi DIY offers next week: J UK diy 20 October 10th 05 11:55 AM
Wall chaser for 50 quid at Aldi next week Lobster UK diy 1 June 11th 05 12:19 AM