Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Road surface using waste plastic

Anyone know how durable it is? I did a quick search but it's all just marketing fluff.

TIA
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 21/01/2020 23:10, David Paste wrote:
Anyone know how durable it is? I did a quick search but it's all just marketing fluff.

TIA

What's the betting that they lay thousands of miles of it and then
decide that wear and tear is releasing too many microplastic particles
to the environment and then spend millions and causing chaos again
removing it all?

SteveW
Posted to uk.d-i-y

They already use ground up CDs in road making as well. The thing is about
microplastic, that inside creatures other ground up substances get included
as well, rock minerals like asbestos and sundry other things. We live in an
imperfect world where these things happen, and one in the end has to somehow
decide how much is causing a problem and how much is undesirable but
allowable.
Its a hard one as the more we learn about life in general the more we find
that the imperfections exist. That is probably why, in the end everything
dies.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Steve Walker" wrote in message
On 21/01/2020 23:10, David Paste wrote:
Anyone know how durable it is? I did a quick search but it's all just
marketing fluff.

TIA

What's the betting that they lay thousands of miles of it and then decide
that wear and tear is releasing too many microplastic particles to the
environment and then spend millions and causing chaos again removing it
all?

SteveW

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Brian Gaff (Sofa 2)" wrote in message
They already use ground up CDs in road making as well. The thing is about
microplastic, that inside creatures other ground up substances get
included as well, rock minerals like asbestos and sundry other things. We
live in an imperfect world where these things happen, and one in the end
has to somehow decide how much is causing a problem and how much is
undesirable but allowable.

Its a hard one as the more we learn about life in general the more we find
that the imperfections exist. That is probably why, in the end everything
dies.

No its not. There are good evolutionary
reasons for things not living forever.

"Steve Walker" wrote in message
On 21/01/2020 23:10, David Paste wrote:
Anyone know how durable it is? I did a quick search but it's all just
marketing fluff.

TIA

What's the betting that they lay thousands of miles of it and then decide
that wear and tear is releasing too many microplastic particles to the
environment and then spend millions and causing chaos again removing it
all?

SteveW

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Steve Walker wrote:
On 21/01/2020 23:10, David Paste wrote:
Anyone know how durable it is? I did a quick search but it's all just marketing fluff.

TIA

What's the betting that they lay thousands of miles of it and then
decide that wear and tear is releasing too many microplastic particles
to the environment and then spend millions and causing chaos again
removing it all?

SteveW

That was my initial reaction.

Any €˜dust will be washed off and end up in ground water, enter the water
cycle, .....

I seem to recall there was a suggestion to us recycled tyres as part of
road surfaces.

Off course, once the misguided treehuggers led by the false prophet Greta
take over, we wont need roads.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lonely Auto-contradicting Psychotic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert! LOL

On Wed, 22 Jan 2020 19:01:19 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

No its not.

Did you get another one of your tiny senile orgasms, you senile
auto-contradicting cretin?

--
Kerr-Mudd,John addressing senile Rot:
MID:

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 21 January 2020 23:33:16 UTC, Steve Walker wrote:

What's the betting that they lay thousands of miles of it and then
decide that wear and tear is releasing too many microplastic particles
to the environment and then spend millions and causing chaos again
removing it all?

SteveW

yeah, this is one of the possible problems I was wondering
about. t first glance it seems like a reasonable way to deal
with certain plastic waste, but then a little bit of thought
brings up questions.

I kinda liked the idea of a bit of midnight local pothole
filling (steady) on some quiet roads and bike paths, seeing as
the local council has given up bothering to do anything. But
that's another moan!