Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default security cameras

I wish to run a Neos security camera from a 12v supply. The following
is from the spec sheet
Power Adapter: Input 110-240V (AC/DC) Output 5V/1000mA

What power 12v to 240v dc inverter would i require ?

Is it likely to be as fussy as a computer would be (pure sine wave )?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/01/2020 06:46, fred wrote:
I wish to run a Neos security camera from a 12v supply. The following
is from the spec sheet
Power Adapter: Input 110-240V (AC/DC) Output 5V/1000mA

What power 12v to 240v dc inverter would i require ?

Is it likely to be as fussy as a computer would be (pure sine wave )?

If, as the wording implies, you have a mains adapter then ditch this and
look for a 12-to-5V DC-DC converter. The "bargain basin" approach might
be to re-purpose a car USB adapter.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"fred" wrote in message
I wish to run a Neos security camera from a 12v supply. The following
is from the spec sheet
Power Adapter: Input 110-240V (AC/DC) Output 5V/1000mA

What power 12v to 240v dc inverter would i require ?

5W output. And it isnt an inverter, its a reducer.

Is it likely to be as fussy as a computer would be (pure sine wave )?

Nope, it wants DC,

Posted to uk.d-i-y

fred wrote:

I wish to run a Neos security camera from a 12v supply. The following
is from the spec sheet
Power Adapter: Input 110-240V (AC/DC) Output 5V/1000mA

What power 12v to 240v dc inverter would i require ?

Is it likely to be as fussy as a computer would be (pure sine wave )?

Why not run them on a 12V to 5V power supply?

e.g. a car USB socket

https://www.12voltplanet.co.uk/12v-24v-surface-mounted-twin-usb-power-socket-5v-21a.html

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/01/2020 06:46, fred wrote:
I wish to run a Neos security camera from a 12v supply. The following
is from the spec sheet
Power Adapter: Input 110-240V (AC/DC) Output 5V/1000mA

What power 12v to 240v dc inverter would i require ?

Is it likely to be as fussy as a computer would be (pure sine wave )?

5W

Factor in a little bit extra for efficiencies and losses and the fact
you probably don't to run it balls out 24/7 for reliability.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/01/2020 06:46, fred wrote:
I wish to run a Neos security camera from a 12v supply. The following
is from the spec sheet
Power Adapter: Input 110-240V (AC/DC) Output 5V/1000mA

What power 12v to 240v dc inverter would i require ?

Is it likely to be as fussy as a computer would be (pure sine wave )?

What is the input voltage of the camera. 12v or 5v.

There are plenty of either 12v or 5v power supplies which can be used.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 15 Jan 2020 22:46:40 -0800 (PST), fred wrote:

I wish to run a Neos security camera from a 12v supply. The following
is from the spec sheet
Power Adapter: Input 110-240V (AC/DC) Output 5V/1000mA

What power 12v to 240v dc inverter would i require ?

Is it likely to be as fussy as a computer would be (pure sine wave )?

Avoid that problem entirely and get a 12 Volt DC -- 5V/1000mA converter.

USB charger wot plugs into the cigarette lighter should do it...

Thomas Prufer

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lonely Auto-contradicting Psychotic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert! LOL

On Thu, 16 Jan 2020 18:53:00 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Nope, it wants DC,

What you want is a good dose of your Nembutal, senile cretin!

"That¢s because so much **** and ****e emanates from your gob that there is
and the end of prick is only clear because you are such a ******."

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/01/2020 06:46, fred wrote:
I wish to run a Neos security camera from a 12v supply. The following
is from the spec sheet
Power Adapter: Input 110-240V (AC/DC) Output 5V/1000mA

What power 12v to 240v dc inverter would i require ?

Is it likely to be as fussy as a computer would be (pure sine wave )?

Is this a 12V DC supply. If so there are lots of modules designed for
car use that input a nominal 12V DC and output 5V DC. Look on Ebay for
"12V to USB" module

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 16 Jan 2020 21:07:40 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

minor rantThere seems to be a lot of echo here. WTF do people bother
writing replies that are identical to an earlier reply?

Because most don¢t read all the posts in a thread before replying.

YOU consistently and deliberately repeat the answers others have made before
you, you self-important, sefl-opinionated, senile troll!

cretin from Oz:

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 16 January 2020 07:46:37 UTC, Brian Gaff (Sofa 2) wrote:

wouldn;t be very effcient though , which could be important if yuor 12V is coming from a battery.

Can you not just supply the 5v from the 12v via a regulator?
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"fred" wrote in message
I wish to run a Neos security camera from a 12v supply. The following
is from the spec sheet
Power Adapter: Input 110-240V (AC/DC) Output 5V/1000mA

What power 12v to 240v dc inverter would i require ?

Is it likely to be as fussy as a computer would be (pure sine wave )?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/01/2020 13:27, whisky-dave wrote:
On Thursday, 16 January 2020 07:46:37 UTC, Brian Gaff (Sofa 2) wrote:

wouldn;t be very effcient though , which could be important if yuor 12V is coming from a battery.

Use a buck regulator which will be 85% + efficient. Plenty of cheap ones
on amazon
pack of 8 for a tenner:-

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Valefod-Eff...dp/B07DYP6L35/

"fred" wrote in message
I wish to run a Neos security camera from a 12v supply. The following
is from the spec sheet
Power Adapter: Input 110-240V (AC/DC) Output 5V/1000mA

What power 12v to 240v dc inverter would i require ?

Is it likely to be as fussy as a computer would be (pure sine wave )?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 16 January 2020 13:33:15 UTC, Andy Bennet wrote:
On 16/01/2020 13:27, whisky-dave wrote:
On Thursday, 16 January 2020 07:46:37 UTC, Brian Gaff (Sofa 2) wrote:

wouldn;t be very effcient though , which could be important if yuor 12V is coming from a battery.

Use a buck regulator which will be 85% + efficient. Plenty of cheap ones
on amazon
pack of 8 for a tenner:-

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Valefod-Eff...dp/B07DYP6L35/

yes that is cheap, we ran a lab where studetns had to build a buck converter last year.