Old January 16th 20, 06:46 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

Default security cameras

I wish to run a Neos security camera from a 12v supply. The following
is from the spec sheet
Power Adapter: Input 110-240V (AC/DC) Output 5V/1000mA

What power 12v to 240v dc inverter would i require ?

Is it likely to be as fussy as a computer would be (pure sine wave )?

Old January 16th 20, 07:45 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/01/2020 06:46, fred wrote:
I wish to run a Neos security camera from a 12v supply. The following
is from the spec sheet
Power Adapter: Input 110-240V (AC/DC) Output 5V/1000mA

What power 12v to 240v dc inverter would i require ?

Is it likely to be as fussy as a computer would be (pure sine wave )?

If, as the wording implies, you have a mains adapter then ditch this and
look for a 12-to-5V DC-DC converter. The "bargain basin" approach might
be to re-purpose a car USB adapter.
Old January 16th 20, 07:46 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

Can you not just supply the 5v from the 12v via a regulator?
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!

Old January 16th 20, 07:53 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

"fred" wrote in message
I wish to run a Neos security camera from a 12v supply. The following
is from the spec sheet
Power Adapter: Input 110-240V (AC/DC) Output 5V/1000mA

What power 12v to 240v dc inverter would i require ?

5W output. And it isnt an inverter, it’s a reducer.

Is it likely to be as fussy as a computer would be (pure sine wave )?

Nope, it wants DC,

Old January 16th 20, 08:03 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

fred wrote:

I wish to run a Neos security camera from a 12v supply. The following
is from the spec sheet
Power Adapter: Input 110-240V (AC/DC) Output 5V/1000mA

What power 12v to 240v dc inverter would i require ?

Is it likely to be as fussy as a computer would be (pure sine wave )?

Why not run them on a 12V to 5V power supply?

e.g. a car USB socket

https://www.12voltplanet.co.uk/12v-24v-surface-mounted-twin-usb-power-socket-5v-21a.html

Old January 16th 20, 08:26 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/01/2020 06:46, fred wrote:
I wish to run a Neos security camera from a 12v supply. The following
is from the spec sheet
Power Adapter: Input 110-240V (AC/DC) Output 5V/1000mA

What power 12v to 240v dc inverter would i require ?

Is it likely to be as fussy as a computer would be (pure sine wave )?

5W

Factor in a little bit extra for efficiencies and losses and the fact
you probably don't to run it balls out 24/7 for reliability.

Old January 16th 20, 08:28 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/01/2020 06:46, fred wrote:
I wish to run a Neos security camera from a 12v supply. The following
is from the spec sheet
Power Adapter: Input 110-240V (AC/DC) Output 5V/1000mA

What power 12v to 240v dc inverter would i require ?

Is it likely to be as fussy as a computer would be (pure sine wave )?

What is the input voltage of the camera. 12v or 5v.

There are plenty of either 12v or 5v power supplies which can be used.

Old January 16th 20, 09:15 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 15 Jan 2020 22:46:40 -0800 (PST), fred wrote:

I wish to run a Neos security camera from a 12v supply. The following
is from the spec sheet
Power Adapter: Input 110-240V (AC/DC) Output 5V/1000mA

What power 12v to 240v dc inverter would i require ?

Is it likely to be as fussy as a computer would be (pure sine wave )?

Avoid that problem entirely and get a 12 Volt DC -- 5V/1000mA converter.

USB charger wot plugs into the cigarette lighter should do it...

Thomas Prufer

Old January 16th 20, 09:54 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lonely Auto-contradicting Psychotic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert! LOL

On Thu, 16 Jan 2020 18:53:00 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Nope, it wants DC,

What you want is a good dose of your Nembutal, senile cretin!

"Thats because so much **** and ****e emanates from your gob that there is
and the end of prick is only clear because you are such a ******."