DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Dimmer switch for LED lamps? (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/642538-dimmer-switch-led-lamps.html)

Roger Mills[_2_] December 8th 19 03:41 PM

Dimmer switch for LED lamps?

I am proposing to fit 5.9w LED candle bulbs to a 5-arm pendant lamp.

The bulbs I am considering
https://www.screwfix.com/p/lap-ses-c...ls _container
claim to be dimmable

If I wish to dim them, what sort of dimmer switch do I need? Most of the
ones on offer claim to handle hundreds of watts, but my load is less
than 30 watts. Do I need something special?

--
Cheers,
Roger

Andy Burns[_13_] December 8th 19 03:47 PM

Dimmer switch for LED lamps?

Roger Mills wrote:

I am proposing to fit 5.9w LED candle bulbs to a 5-arm pendant lamp.
If I wish to dim them, what sort of dimmer switch do I need?

IME, you won't go wrong with a varilight v-pro dimmer.

ARW December 8th 19 03:50 PM

Dimmer switch for LED lamps?

On 08/12/2019 15:41, Roger Mills wrote:
I am proposing to fit 5.9w LED candle bulbs to a 5-arm pendant lamp.

The bulbs I am considering
https://www.screwfix.com/p/lap-ses-c...ls _container
claim to be dimmable

If I wish to dim them, what sort of dimmer switch do I need? Most of the
ones on offer claim to handle hundreds of watts, but my load is less
than 30 watts. Do I need something special?

I am sure that others will agree.

But there is only one.

https://www.varilight.co.uk/

The VPRO.

--
Adam

John Rumm December 8th 19 07:40 PM

Dimmer switch for LED lamps?

On 08/12/2019 15:41, Roger Mills wrote:
I am proposing to fit 5.9w LED candle bulbs to a 5-arm pendant lamp.

The bulbs I am considering
https://www.screwfix.com/p/lap-ses-c...ls _container
claim to be dimmable

If I wish to dim them, what sort of dimmer switch do I need? Most of the
ones on offer claim to handle hundreds of watts, but my load is less
than 30 watts. Do I need something special?

Something with no minimum load and trailing edge dimming normally. e.g:

https://www.screwfix.com/p/varilight...-300w-va/94816

--
Cheers,

John.