Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Voted

Well that's it I've voted..
Posted to uk.d-i-y

I'm beginning to think unless you are in a marginal you can vote for who
you like really.

I'd be surprised if Giles Brandreths daughter would get in here with Ed
Davey in the seeat and nobody knows much about the others.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
Harry Bloomfield; "Esq." wrote in
message ...
Well that's it I've voted..

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Gaff (Sofa 2) wrote on 27/11/2019 :
I'm beginning to think unless you are in a marginal you can vote for who you
like really.

Pretty much how it is here, the big clue being their was no Brexit
party to vote for on the form.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Harry Bloomfield"; "Esq." wrote in
message ...
Well that's it I've voted..

The death squad has its orders...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 28 Nov 2019 08:27:26 +1100, Ray, better known as cantankerous

The death squad has its orders...

Duh! Just take your meds, senile troll! tsk

--
Bod addressing abnormal senile quarreller Rot:
"Do you practice arguing with yourself in an empty room?"

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 27 Nov 2019 17:48:39 GMT, Harry Bloomfield, Esq.
wrote:

Well that's it I've voted..

I believe daughter is going to 'man' a local polling station for the
day. I think she is going to put me as a proxy as she's not sure if
she will be able to vote herself if working there?

I understand she can't leave the building during opening hours but she
wouldn't need to do that to vote would she??

Cheers, T i m
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Gaff (Sofa 2) wrote

I'm beginning to think unless you are in a marginal you can vote for who
you like really.

That’s always been true and why I don’t
bother to vote even tho its compulsory here.,

Even in a marginal too. Very few constituencys
ever get in by just a handful of votes.

I'd be surprised if Giles Brandreths daughter would get in here with Ed
Davey in the seeat and nobody knows much about the others.

Harry Bloomfield; "Esq." wrote in
message ...
Well that's it I've voted..

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 27/11/2019 20:30, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Brian Gaff (Sofa 2) wrote on 27/11/2019 :
I'm beginning to think unless you are in a marginal you can vote for
who you like really.

Pretty much how it is here, the big clue being their was no Brexit party
to vote for on the form.

Same here - no Brexit candidate however the local conservative MP claims
he has always voted on the leave side.

What's come through the door has been a lot of negative campaigning,
slagging off other parties and their policies. Yes, I have read
everything that has come through the door. Guess how much I believe?

There is one candidate standing with different policies
http://www.admac.myzen.co.uk/election_2019/

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lonely Auto-contradicting Psychotic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert!

On Thu, 28 Nov 2019 08:55:22 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Even in a marginal too. Very few constituencys

The senile sociopath did it again! LOL So, WHY can't you type it correctly.
It's part of your sociopathy, right, senile Rodent?

--
about senile Rot Speed:
MID:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"alan_m" wrote in message
On 27/11/2019 20:30, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Brian Gaff (Sofa 2) wrote on 27/11/2019 :
I'm beginning to think unless you are in a marginal you can vote for who
you like really.

Pretty much how it is here, the big clue being their was no Brexit party
to vote for on the form.

Same here - no Brexit candidate however the local conservative MP claims
he has always voted on the leave side.

What's come through the door has been a lot of negative campaigning,
slagging off other parties and their policies. Yes, I have read everything
that has come through the door. Guess how much I believe?

There is one candidate standing with different policies
http://www.admac.myzen.co.uk/election_2019/

Clearly drug crazed and about to lose its deposit {-(

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 28 Nov 2019 10:06:01 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Clearly drug crazed and about to lose its deposit {-(

It's ALL none of yours, senile Ozzie pest!

--
Norman Wells addressing senile Rot:
"Ah, the voice of scum speaks."
Posted to uk.d-i-y

alan_m explained :
What's come through the door has been a lot of negative campaigning, slagging
off other parties and their policies. Yes, I have read everything that has
come through the door. Guess how much I believe?

No body campaigning at the door, no leaflets apart from a single green
one which went in the bin unread.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 27/11/2019 22:15, alan_m wrote:
On 27/11/2019 20:30, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Brian Gaff (Sofa 2) wrote on 27/11/2019 :
I'm beginning to think unless you are in a marginal you can vote for
who you like really.

Pretty much how it is here, the big clue being their was no Brexit
party to vote for on the form.

Same here - no Brexit candidate however the local conservative MP claims
he has always voted on the leave side.

What's come through the door has been a lot of negative campaigning,
slagging off other parties and their policies. Yes, I have read
everything that has come through the door. Guess how much I believe?

There is one candidate standing with different policies
http://www.admac.myzen.co.uk/election_2019/

Looks good, if rather distorted, to me...

--
The lifetime of any political organisation is about three years before
its been subverted by the people it tried to warn you about.

Anon.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Harry Bloomfield wrote:

No body campaigning at the door, no leaflets apart from a single green
one which went in the bin unread.

Only leaflet so far is here for the council election, where the
incumbent who died over the summer had been in office for 40 years.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 28/11/2019 08:17, Andy Burns wrote:
Harry Bloomfield wrote:

No body campaigning at the door, no leaflets apart from a single green
one which went in the bin unread.

Only leaflet so far is here for the council election, where the
incumbent who died over the summer had been in office for 40 years.

Lots of leaflets here - I've even had a personal letter from Boris!!!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Natural Philosopher wrote:

On 27/11/2019 22:15, alan_m wrote:
On 27/11/2019 20:30, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Brian Gaff (Sofa 2) wrote on 27/11/2019 :
I'm beginning to think unless you are in a marginal you can vote for
who you like really.

Pretty much how it is here, the big clue being their was no Brexit
party to vote for on the form.

Same here - no Brexit candidate however the local conservative MP claims
he has always voted on the leave side.

What's come through the door has been a lot of negative campaigning,
slagging off other parties and their policies. Yes, I have read
everything that has come through the door. Guess how much I believe?

There is one candidate standing with different policies
http://www.admac.myzen.co.uk/election_2019/

Looks good, if rather distorted, to me...

The phrase "bring shamanic christianity to Essex" has a certain
splendour.

--

Roger Hayter
Posted to uk.d-i-y

alan_m explained on 28/11/2019 :
Lots of leaflets here - I've even had a personal letter from Boris!!!

I guess the same one arrived this morning, personally addressed and
delivered by the postie. Too late to make any difference, because I
have already voted.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 27/11/2019 20:30, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Brian Gaff (Sofa 2) wrote on 27/11/2019 :
I'm beginning to think unless you are in a marginal you can vote for
who you like really.

Pretty much how it is here, the big clue being their was no Brexit party
to vote for on the form.

That only means that the Conservatives won it at last election. It does
not necessarily mean it is a safe seat. Indeed, the whole idea of TBP
not standing in existing Conservative seats was to avoid the
Conservatives losing any that were marginals. Of course, TBP standing in
non-Conservative held marginals could still cost them seats they might
have won.

--
Colin Bignell
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 28 November 2019 03:45:32 UTC, wrote:
alan_m explained :
What's come through the door has been a lot of negative campaigning, slagging
off other parties and their policies. Yes, I have read everything that has
come through the door. Guess how much I believe?

No body campaigning at the door, no leaflets apart from a single green
one which went in the bin unread.

I hope it went into the green recycling bin as that's what it for.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

whisky-dave wrote on 28/11/2019 :
I hope it went into the green recycling bin as that's what it for.

Of course :-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Harry Bloomfield"; "Esq." wrote in
message ...
Well that's it I've voted..

So you've received your postal ballot paper already, have you? We're going
to be away at election time so we've applied, but we've not received our
ballot papers yet. I'm not sure when they will be sent. I was surprised that
the application didn't ask when we were going away and therefore when we
needed to have received them. It's a shame that there isn't (as far as I
know) the idea of a postal proxy vote: a postal ballot paper which is sent
to someone else (eg relative in another part of the country) for them to
vote on my behalf and return the ballot. There only seems to be a postal
vote (in which case you need to still be here until the ballot paper
arrives) or a proxy vote in which case your proxy needs to be someone local
who votes (on your behalf) in person.

OK, so we're in an area where our votes will be pushing against an already
open door, so we'll just increase the votes for the foregone-conclusion
candidate, but it would still be nice to vote. There's time enough yet: we
don't leave until a week on Friday.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 28/11/2019 13:23, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
whisky-dave wrote on 28/11/2019 :
I hope it went into the green recycling bin as that's what it for.

Of course :-)

All mine have been shredded for the compost bin

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 28 Nov 2019 05:11:42 -0800, whisky-dave wrote:

On Thursday, 28 November 2019 03:45:32 UTC,
wrote:
alan_m explained :
What's come through the door has been a lot of negative campaigning,
slagging off other parties and their policies. Yes, I have read
everything that has come through the door. Guess how much I believe?

No body campaigning at the door, no leaflets apart from a single green
one which went in the bin unread.

I hope it went into the green recycling bin as that's what it for.

Probably coated paper! But yes, that's where mine went.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 27/11/2019 17:48, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Well that's it I've voted..

X-factor or Get Me Out of Here ?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 28/11/2019 03:45, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
alan_m explained :
What's come through the door has been a lot of negative campaigning,
slagging off other parties and their policies. Yes, I have read
everything that has come through the door. Guess how much I believe?

No body campaigning at the door, no leaflets apart from a single green
one which went in the bin unread.

Two lone Lib Dem posters in my village, nothing else.

Most talk is about the bloke down in Selsey, about 17 miles away
who won £105 Million with a luck dip entry.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 28/11/2019 14:13, alan_m wrote:
On 28/11/2019 13:23, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
whisky-dave wrote on 28/11/2019 :
I hope it went into the green recycling bin as that's what it for.

Of course :-)

All mine have been shredded for the compost bin

Does the glossy ink compost properly without contaminating
the soil ?.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Harry Bloomfield wrote:

No body campaigning at the door, no leaflets apart from a single green
one which went in the bin unread.

Only leaflet so far is here for the council election, where the incumbent
who died over the summer had been in office for 40 years.

Lots of leaflets here - I've even had a personal letter from Boris!!!

Least its not another kid.

Is it likely to be a marginal seat.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default UNBELIEVABLE: It's 02:56 am in Australia and the Senile Ozzietard is out of Bed and TROLLING, already!!!! LOL

On Fri, 29 Nov 2019 02:56:13 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH the trolling senile cretin's latest troll****

02:56? And you've been up and trolling for about half an hour, ALREADY! Why
don't you apply for euthanasia, senile Rodent? No one would need it like
you!

--
FredXX to Rot Speed:
"You are still an idiot and an embarrassment to your country. No wonder
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"NY" wrote in message
"Harry Bloomfield"; "Esq." wrote in
message ...
Well that's it I've voted..

So you've received your postal ballot paper already, have you? We're going
to be away at election time so we've applied, but we've not received our
ballot papers yet. I'm not sure when they will be sent. I was surprised
that the application didn't ask when we were going away and therefore when
we needed to have received them. It's a shame that there isn't (as far as
I know) the idea of a postal proxy vote: a postal ballot paper which is
sent to someone else (eg relative in another part of the country) for them
to vote on my behalf and return the ballot. There only seems to be a
postal vote (in which case you need to still be here until the ballot
paper arrives)

Or get someone to collect your mail and send on what is needed by you.

I used to do that for one of my neighbours who routinely migrated
north for the winter every winter and spent the winter in their 'mobile
home' in a caravan park getting ****ed, playing gin rummy and swatting
midges with dozens of others who all did the same thing there.

I paid the electricity and gas bills and posted on other stuff.
Corse that only works if you can predict where they will be.

or a proxy vote in which case your proxy needs to be someone local who
votes (on your behalf) in person.

Not aware of any system that allows proxy voting for elections.

Common with shares and credit unions and stuff like that.

OK, so we're in an area where our votes will be pushing against an already
open door, so we'll just increase the votes for the foregone-conclusion
candidate,

Yeah, that's why I don't bother to vote even tho its compulsory here.

but it would still be nice to vote. There's time
enough yet: we don't leave until a week on Friday.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

NY was thinking very hard :
There only seems to be a postal vote (in which case you need to still be here
until the ballot paper arrives) or a proxy vote in which case your proxy
needs to be someone local who votes (on your behalf) in person.

OK, so we're in an area where our votes will be pushing against an already
open door, so we'll just increase the votes for the foregone-conclusion
candidate, but it would still be nice to vote. There's time enough yet: we
don't leave until a week on Friday.

Someone could quite easily do it for you, if they had access to your
letter box. The ballot card just needs your signature, but I very much
doubt they check that simply because they have nothing to check it
against. They would only check if there were some dispute.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bev Bev is offline

On Thu, 28 Nov 2019 16:49:23 +0000, Harry Bloomfield, Esq. wrote:

Someone could quite easily do it for you, if they had access to your
letter box. The ballot card just needs your signature,

and your date of birth.

Its not foolproof but its probably as secure as just turning up at the
polling station.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default UNBELIEVABLE: It's 03:24 am in Australia and the Senile Ozzietard has been out of Bed and TROLLING since 02:31 already!!!! LOL

On Fri, 29 Nov 2019 03:24:41 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH the senile pest's stinking troll****

03:24???? AGAIN????? LMAO!

--
Bill Wright addressing senile Ozzie cretin Rot Speed:
"Well you make up a lot of stuff and it's total ******** most of it."
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Rod Speed" wrote in message
or a proxy vote in which case your proxy needs to be someone local who
votes (on your behalf) in person.

Not aware of any system that allows proxy voting for elections.

Common with shares and credit unions and stuff like that.

Yes, UK voting has "always" allowed proxy voting ("always" meaning as long
as I can remember!) so that if you know you won't be able to vote, you can
nominate a proxy who can go along to the polling station (and it must be
that specific polling station in the UK) and cast their vote on your behalf.
I'm not sure what authorisation from you they need to take along -
presumably it needs to be authorised in advance (so the authority that you
provide is sent to your proven address). The wording says that if you
nominate a proxy, you can still vote in person as long as you get there and
vote before your proxy does on your behalf. You take it on trust that your
proxy casts the vote in accordance with your wishes, because there's no
legal way of checking afterwards...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 28/11/2019 16:49, Harry Bloomfield wrote:

Someone could quite easily do it for you, if they had access to your
letter box. The ballot card just needs your signature, but I very much
doubt they check that simply because they have nothing to check it
against. They would only check if there were some dispute.

Didn't you give a sample of your signature when you applied for a postal
vote? I believe that it did for "checking" purpose. Probably the reason
that your signature has to be within the boundary of the box is because
it can be machine checked.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 28 Nov 2019 13:39:02 -0000, NY wrote:

Well that's it I've voted..

So you've received your postal ballot paper already, have you?

Mine arrived this morning.

We're going to be away at election time so we've applied, but we've not
received our ballot papers yet.

Have you had your poll cards? They say if you have postal vote and
when it should be delivered by which is the 6th Dec here.

This is Rory Stewarts old seat and he was popular as an MP attracting
"floating voters". Be interesting to see how well the unknown con
candidate from Edinburgh fares against the local(ish) lab candidate.

Previously a con strong hold (nearly a 16,000 majority in 2017 but
down from nearly 20,000 in 2015) and a 55/45 leave/remain vote so
unlikely to change but what will that majority be?

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Well that's it I've voted..

I believe daughter is going to 'man' a local polling station for the
day. I think she is going to put me as a proxy as she's not sure if
she will be able to vote herself if working there?

Lucky boy! You have two papers to spoil. Enjoy.

I understand she can't leave the building during opening hours but she
wouldn't need to do that to vote would she??

Cheers, T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Well that's it I've voted..

I believe daughter is going to 'man' a local polling station for the
day. I think she is going to put me as a proxy as she's not sure if
she will be able to vote herself if working there?

I understand she can't leave the building during opening hours but she
wouldn't need to do that to vote would she??

Is she working in the polling station she would need to use?

--
Colin Bignell
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Well that's it I've voted..

I believe daughter is going to 'man' a local polling station for the
day. I think she is going to put me as a proxy as she's not sure if
she will be able to vote herself if working there?

Lucky boy! You have two papers to spoil. Enjoy.

I doubt I'll be actually spoiling either this time as I / we have
something we actually / specifically want to protest against (not the
point of the GE but when in Rome ...).

That's mainly thanks to the likes of you and the other fanatical
Brexiteers here.

If the likes of you want Brexit it's going to be 100% it's not a good
idea.

That's for helping me make a decision this time (daughter voted Remain
to counter a racist last time, as did the Mrs). ;-)

Cheers, T i m
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
idual.net...
We're going to be away at election time so we've applied, but we've not
received our ballot papers yet.

Have you had your poll cards? They say if you have postal vote and
when it should be delivered by which is the 6th Dec here.

Yes we had our poll cards a while ago. We then applied for a postal vote. If
the ballot paper is delivered by 6 Dec, we'll be fine.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Well that's it I've voted..

I believe daughter is going to 'man' a local polling station for the
day. I think she is going to put me as a proxy as she's not sure if
she will be able to vote herself if working there?

I understand she can't leave the building during opening hours but she
wouldn't need to do that to vote would she??

Is she working in the polling station she would need to use?

(Just asked) and she isn't.

Cheers, T i m