DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Got the piano moved (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/641124-got-piano-moved.html)

ARW October 20th 19 02:56 PM

Got the piano moved

Thanks to everyone for all the suggestions about moving the piano in an
earlier post.

We rented a Luton with a tail lift (£106 for the day). It was a piece of
**** after following your suggestions.

Even used a dolly and some ratchet straps.

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/File:Piano1.jpg

Although I did think I was going to die at 7am on Friday morning when
Geoff started up the van, revved the engine to 5000RPM, crunched the
gears and said "I've not driven a manual for years" before letting off
the clutch and wheel spinning straight out of the forecourt and into the
main road.

Cheers

--
Adam

[email protected] October 20th 19 03:26 PM

Got the piano moved

On Sunday, 20 October 2019 14:55:56 UTC+1, ARW wrote:
... used a dolly and some ratchet straps.

k.i.n.k.y.

Owain

GB October 20th 19 11:19 PM

Got the piano moved

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKoEAEFmZJ4

UncleTone October 20th 19 11:24 PM

Got the piano moved

On 10/20/2019 6:56 AM, ARW wrote:
Thanks to everyone for all the suggestions about moving the piano in an earlier post.

We rented a Luton with a tail lift (£106 for the day). It was a piece of **** after following your suggestions.

Even used a dolly and some ratchet straps.

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/File:Piano1.jpg

Although I did think I was going to die at 7am on Friday morning when Geoff started up the van, revved the engine to 5000RPM, crunched the gears and said "I've not driven a manual for years" before letting off the clutch and wheel spinning straight out of the forecourt and into the main road.

If you had two pence to rub together, you would have hired people to do that kind of job.

Rod Speed October 21st 19 12:48 AM

Got the piano moved

"GB" wrote in message
On 20/10/2019 14:56, ARW wrote:
Thanks to everyone for all the suggestions about moving the piano in an
earlier post.

We rented a Luton with a tail lift (£106 for the day). It was a piece of
**** after following your suggestions.

Even used a dolly and some ratchet straps.

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/File:Piano1.jpg

Although I did think I was going to die at 7am on Friday morning when
Geoff started up the van, revved the engine to 5000RPM, crunched the
gears and said "I've not driven a manual for years" before letting off
the clutch and wheel spinning straight out of the forecourt and into the
main road.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKoEAEFmZJ4

Brilliant design. The best frog stuff really is brilliant.

Richard[_10_] October 21st 19 09:37 AM

Got the piano moved

On 20/10/2019 23:24, UncleTone wrote:
On 10/20/2019 6:56 AM, ARW wrote:
Thanks to everyone for all the suggestions about moving the piano in
an earlier post.

We rented a Luton with a tail lift (£106 for the day). It was a piece
of **** after following your suggestions.

Even used a dolly and some ratchet straps.

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/File:Piano1.jpg

Although I did think I was going to die at 7am on Friday morning when
Geoff started up the van, revved the engine to 5000RPM, crunched the
gears and said "I've not driven a manual for years" before letting off
the clutch and wheel spinning straight out of the forecourt and into
the main road.

If you had two pence to rub together, you would have hired people to do
that kind of job.

Ooohhh. And Being well heeled, you pay for handjobs but get a disability
discount.

Peeler[_4_] October 21st 19 10:14 AM

Lonely Psychotic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert! LOL

On Mon, 21 Oct 2019 10:48:07 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKoEAEFmZJ4

Brilliant design.

Are we to trust the judgement of a clinically insane, forsaken, trolling
piece of Australian ****, senile Rodent?

little ignorant ****."
MID:

Brian Gaff October 21st 19 10:25 AM

Got the piano moved

So now it needs tuning then?
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!

Jeff Layman[_2_] October 21st 19 10:56 AM

Got the piano moved

On 20/10/19 14:56, ARW wrote:
Thanks to everyone for all the suggestions about moving the piano in an
earlier post.

We rented a Luton with a tail lift (£106 for the day). It was a piece of
**** after following your suggestions.

Even used a dolly and some ratchet straps.

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/File:Piano1.jpg

Although I did think I was going to die at 7am on Friday morning when
Geoff started up the van, revved the engine to 5000RPM, crunched the
gears and said "I've not driven a manual for years" before letting off
the clutch and wheel spinning straight out of the forecourt and into the
main road.

It might have gone worse...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=is5OjEirZjM

--

Jeff

tony sayer October 21st 19 04:05 PM

Got the piano moved

In article , Rod Speed
scribeth thus

"GB" wrote in message
On 20/10/2019 14:56, ARW wrote:
Thanks to everyone for all the suggestions about moving the piano in an
earlier post.

We rented a Luton with a tail lift (£106 for the day). It was a piece of
**** after following your suggestions.

Even used a dolly and some ratchet straps.

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/File:Piano1.jpg

Although I did think I was going to die at 7am on Friday morning when
Geoff started up the van, revved the engine to 5000RPM, crunched the
gears and said "I've not driven a manual for years" before letting off
the clutch and wheel spinning straight out of the forecourt and into the
main road.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKoEAEFmZJ4

Brilliant design. The best frog stuff really is brilliant.

Yes she's really cute:)

--
Tony Sayer

Ian Jackson[_9_] October 21st 19 04:31 PM

Got the piano moved

In message , Jeff Layman
writes
On 20/10/19 14:56, ARW wrote:
Thanks to everyone for all the suggestions about moving the piano in an
earlier post.
We rented a Luton with a tail lift (£106 for the day). It was a
piece of
**** after following your suggestions.
Even used a dolly and some ratchet straps.
http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/File:Piano1.jpg
Although I did think I was going to die at 7am on Friday morning
when
Geoff started up the van, revved the engine to 5000RPM, crunched the
gears and said "I've not driven a manual for years" before letting off
the clutch and wheel spinning straight out of the forecourt and into the
main road.

It might have gone worse...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=is5OjEirZjM

Or even
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgzEBLa3PPk
--
Ian

Rod Speed October 21st 19 04:49 PM

Got the piano moved

Brian Gaff wrote

So now it needs tuning then?

Yeah, I did wonder about that when watching that youtube
of the brilliant french thing for moving pianos around.
Wondered what that did to the tuning of the piano.

Chris J Dixon October 21st 19 05:38 PM

Got the piano moved

tony sayer wrote:

In article , Rod Speed
scribeth thus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKoEAEFmZJ4

Brilliant design. The best frog stuff really is brilliant.

Yes she's really cute:)

No Toetectors though!

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK
@ChrisJDixon1

Plant amazing Acers.

Rod Speed October 21st 19 05:41 PM

Got the piano moved

"tony sayer" wrote in message
In article , Rod Speed
scribeth thus

"GB" wrote in message
On 20/10/2019 14:56, ARW wrote:
Thanks to everyone for all the suggestions about moving the piano in an
earlier post.

We rented a Luton with a tail lift (£106 for the day). It was a piece
of
**** after following your suggestions.

Even used a dolly and some ratchet straps.

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/File:Piano1.jpg

Although I did think I was going to die at 7am on Friday morning when
Geoff started up the van, revved the engine to 5000RPM, crunched the
gears and said "I've not driven a manual for years" before letting off
the clutch and wheel spinning straight out of the forecourt and into
the
main road.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKoEAEFmZJ4

Brilliant design. The best frog stuff really is brilliant.

Yes she's really cute:)

I didn't realise it was a woman until she played the piano
in the middle. It was much more obvious in the last half.

Peeler[_4_] October 21st 19 06:10 PM

Lonely Psychotic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert! LOL

On Tue, 22 Oct 2019 03:41:01 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

I didn't realise it was a woman until she played the piano
in the middle. It was much more obvious in the last half.

Well, you are senile!

--
Bill Wright to Rot Speed:
"That confirms my opinion that you are a despicable little ****."

Peeler[_4_] October 21st 19 06:11 PM

Lonely Psychotic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert! LOL

On Tue, 22 Oct 2019 02:49:28 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Yeah, I did wonder about that when watching that youtube
of the brilliant french thing for moving pianos around.
Wondered what that did to the tuning of the piano.

Why would you wonder, senile pest? You are out of tune with entire life!

--
FredXX to Rot Speed:
"You are still an idiot and an embarrassment to your country. No wonder
Andrew[_22_] October 21st 19 06:20 PM

Got the piano moved

On 21/10/2019 16:05, tony sayer wrote:
In article , Rod Speed
scribeth thus

"GB" wrote in message
On 20/10/2019 14:56, ARW wrote:
Thanks to everyone for all the suggestions about moving the piano in an
earlier post.

We rented a Luton with a tail lift (£106 for the day). It was a piece of
**** after following your suggestions.

Even used a dolly and some ratchet straps.

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/File:Piano1.jpg

Although I did think I was going to die at 7am on Friday morning when
Geoff started up the van, revved the engine to 5000RPM, crunched the
gears and said "I've not driven a manual for years" before letting off
the clutch and wheel spinning straight out of the forecourt and into the
main road.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKoEAEFmZJ4

Brilliant design. The best frog stuff really is brilliant.

Yes she's really cute:)

Safety boots or shoes not the rage in France ?

Andrew[_22_] October 21st 19 06:21 PM

Got the piano moved

On 10/20/2019 6:56 AM, ARW wrote:
Thanks to everyone for all the suggestions about moving the piano in
an earlier post.

We rented a Luton with a tail lift (£106 for the day). It was a piece
of **** after following your suggestions.

Even used a dolly and some ratchet straps.

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/File:Piano1.jpg

Although I did think I was going to die at 7am on Friday morning when
Geoff started up the van, revved the engine to 5000RPM, crunched the
gears and said "I've not driven a manual for years" before letting off
the clutch and wheel spinning straight out of the forecourt and into
the main road.

If you had two pence to rub together, you would have hired people to do
that kind of job.

Laurel and Hardy did it more amusingly.

ARW October 21st 19 08:20 PM

Got the piano moved

On 20/10/2019 15:26, wrote:
On Sunday, 20 October 2019 14:55:56 UTC+1, ARW wrote:
... used a dolly and some ratchet straps.

k.i.n.k.y.

When I went to bed after moving the piano I switched on the TV.

The film I watched was Kinky Boots.

--
Adam

GB October 22nd 19 12:19 PM

Got the piano moved

On 21/10/2019 17:38, Chris J Dixon wrote:
tony sayer wrote:

In article , Rod Speed
scribeth thus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKoEAEFmZJ4

Brilliant design. The best frog stuff really is brilliant.

Yes she's really cute:)

No Toetectors though!

Would they protect against a full size grand piano falling on them?

That scene towards the end, shot from the bottom of the stairs, where
the lady starts the machine down the stairs ... That took some courage
on the part of the cameraman. If the straps broke or something went
inside the machine and it started to freewheel, for example.

Chris

Rod Speed October 22nd 19 07:55 PM

Got the piano moved

"GB" wrote in message
On 21/10/2019 17:38, Chris J Dixon wrote:
tony sayer wrote:

In article , Rod Speed
scribeth thus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKoEAEFmZJ4

Brilliant design. The best frog stuff really is brilliant.

Yes she's really cute:)

No Toetectors though!

Would they protect against a full size grand piano falling on them?

Nope, they only flog clothes now.

That scene towards the end, shot from the bottom of the stairs, where the
lady

Thats not a lady, no tiara, just a silly haircut.

starts the machine down the stairs ... That took some courage on the part
of the cameraman. If the straps broke or something went inside the machine
and it started to freewheel, for example.

Its a frog design, nothing can go wrong.

Peeler[_4_] October 22nd 19 09:55 PM

Lonely Psychotic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert! LOL

On Wed, 23 Oct 2019 05:55:33 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH trolling senile arsehole's latest troll****

cretin from Oz: