Posted to uk.d-i-y
ss ss is offline

Default Mixer shower question (water delay)

Image link below:

The mixer taps on shower are having a delay (approx 20 seconds) when the
water is turned on then runs ok so suspect either the filters are
blocked or the cartridge is at fault. (already checked the shower
head/spray)
In any case I need to take the taps off to investigate.(Mira Coda shower)

Question: I need to undo the 2 nuts as indicated, can I just undo them
or do I need to support the tap assembly in some way to counter the
torque when spannering the nut?

If the filters are not blocked then what am I looking for with regard to
the cartridge (have only ever had old washer type taps before)

https://imgur.com/X58VnQb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/10/2019 22:05, ss wrote:
Image link below:

The mixer taps on shower are having a delay (approx 20 seconds) when the
water is turned on then runs ok so suspect either the filters are
blocked or the cartridge is at fault. (already checked the shower
head/spray)
In any case I need to take the taps off to investigate.(Mira Coda shower)

Question:Â* I need to undo the 2 nuts as indicated, can I just undo them
or do I need to support the tap assembly in some way to counter the
torque when spannering the nut?

The nuts will typically be captive on the shower valve, but freely
rotating - so no need to support the valve since it will not see any
torque. Chances are the protruding thread left sticking out of the wall
will be the 3/4" BSP end of a 1/2" BSP to 3/4" BSP "cranked" coupler
(with 1/2" BSP female sockets set flush with the finished surface of the
wall - all concealed by the chromed caps).

If the filters are not blocked then what am I looking for with regard to
the cartridge (have only ever had old washer type taps before)

If its a hard water area, some descaling might do it. You should be able
to get replacement cartridges if needs be.

--
Cheers,

John.

Delay, DeLay Rex B Metalworking 0 April 4th 06 06:57 PM
OT - DeLay, DeLay [email protected] Metalworking 17 September 30th 05 02:04 PM
OT - Delay, Delay Cliff Metalworking 127 April 21st 05 09:06 AM
OT - Delay, Delay Steve Mackay Metalworking 3 April 9th 05 01:02 PM
Mira 415 shower mixer unit or any Mira shower mixer unit Mr Blue Skye UK diy 7 January 19th 04 08:36 PM