Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default compact disc demagnetiser

Not sure why anyone would need such a thing unless it's to complement thier analogue USB lead for better audio performance.

But please check out the review :-D

No I didn't write it, but I wish I had.

https://highend-electronics.com/prod...roduct-reviews
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 9 October 2019 16:10:42 UTC+1, whisky-dave wrote:
Not sure why anyone would need such a thing unless it's to complement
thier analogue USB lead for better audio performance.
https://highend-electronics.com/prod...roduct-reviews

I'm a bit concerned about the flammability of beeswax fuses.

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/10/2019 16:10, whisky-dave wrote:

Not sure why anyone would need such a thing unless it's to complement thier analogue USB lead for better audio performance.

But please check out the review :-D

No I didn't write it, but I wish I had.

https://highend-electronics.com/prod...roduct-reviews

Much cheaper to put the cd in a microwave and switch it in for 60 seconds.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 9 Oct 2019 08:10:39 -0700 (PDT), whisky-dave
wrote:

Not sure why anyone would need such a thing unless it's to complement thier analogue USB lead for better audio performance.

But please check out the review :-D

No I didn't write it, but I wish I had.

https://highend-electronics.com/prod...roduct-reviews

Blimey, sold out already! They must be really good.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Not sure why anyone would need such a thing unless it's to complement thier analogue USB lead for better audio performance.

But please check out the review :-D

No I didn't write it, but I wish I had.

https://highend-electronics.com/prod...roduct-reviews

It says
Comments from our customers . . .
You're the first! Write my review now.

Did you save it, please post it for our amusement.

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Posted to uk.d-i-y

whisky-dave expressed precisely :
Not sure why anyone would need such a thing unless it's to complement thier
analogue USB lead for better audio performance.

But please check out the review :-D

No I didn't write it, but I wish I had.

Out of stock - I wanted one of those to go with my magnetic insoles and
magnetic wrist bands..
Posted to uk.d-i-y

This is total bunkem, but of course you knew this already.
The day cDs are based on a ferrous metal is the day they become something
else
I think my internet router needs a demagnetizer...
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"whisky-dave" wrote in message

Not sure why anyone would need such a thing unless it's to complement
thier analogue USB lead for better audio performance.

But please check out the review :-D

No I didn't write it, but I wish I had.

https://highend-electronics.com/prod...roduct-reviews

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Very pretty but you soon need a new microwave.
What would be good is a device that can mend those early cds that lost
their integrity and the ally layer started to oxidize making them
unplayable.
Brian

--
----- --

"alan_m" wrote in message
On 09/10/2019 16:10, whisky-dave wrote:

Not sure why anyone would need such a thing unless it's to complement
thier analogue USB lead for better audio performance.

But please check out the review :-D
No I didn't write it, but I wish I had.

https://highend-electronics.com/prod...roduct-reviews

Much cheaper to put the cd in a microwave and switch it in for 60 seconds.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

After serious thinking Brian Gaff wrote :
router needs a demagnetizer...

No joke, it will double your Internet speed, due to the cleaner bits
coming down the line..
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/10/2019 17:04, Graham. wrote:

https://highend-electronics.com/prod...roduct-reviews

It says
Comments from our customers . . .
You're the first! Write my review now.

Did you save it, please post it for our amusement.

The Wayback Machine has some reviews still linked

https://web.archive.org/web/20161231...c-demagnetizer

e.g.

http://www.soundwaves-turntables.com...veRD3-Rio5.pdf

--
Adrian C

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Adrian Caspersz" wrote in message
On 09/10/2019 17:04, Graham. wrote:

https://highend-electronics.com/prod...roduct-reviews

It says
Comments from our customers . . .
You're the first! Write my review now.

Did you save it, please post it for our amusement.

The Wayback Machine has some reviews still linked

https://web.archive.org/web/20161231...c-demagnetizer

e.g.

http://www.soundwaves-turntables.com...veRD3-Rio5.pdf

From the soundwaves review: "The RD-3 is priced at only $399 while the RIO-5
II slightly more at only $599. When you think of it $998 is not a steep
price tag to pay for something that could possible transform your entire CD
and DVD collection into something well beyond what it is currently today."
and "It is well
known that if you demagnetize a disc or even a vinyl record the sound will
improve dramatically."

What planet are these bozos from? Do they seriously expect us to believe it?
I wonder if they would have the courage to do a double-blind trial to see if
there is any significant difference in audience preference for the untreated
and treated discs. I don't doubt that the aluminium in the disc can get
magnetised, but I can't see any way that it can have a detectable effect on
the 0 and 1 bits that the player reads. I'm prepared to be proved wrong - if
there is proved to be a statistically-significant improvement. And how the F
can vinyl become magnetised? If somehow it can, I can at least see a
mechanism for it have an effect on the analogue signal from the pickup, but
I can't see it having effect on a digital sensor.

But if there are enough idiots in the world who will believe this trash and
part with their money for it, then good luck to the vendors for fleecing the
punters...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/10/2019 17:49, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
After serious thinking Brian Gaff wrote :
*router needs a demagnetizer...

No joke, it will double your Internet speed, due to the cleaner bits
coming down the line..

its even faster if you connect the line to a battery as all ones are
quicker than 1 and 0.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Harry Bloomfield wrote:

Brian Gaff wrote:

router needs a demagnetizer...

No joke, it will double your Internet speed

And if you cut it in half, it's full of AAA batteries

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 9 October 2019 17:04:55 UTC+1, Graham. wrote:

Not sure why anyone would need such a thing unless it's to complement thier analogue USB lead for better audio performance.

But please check out the review :-D

No I didn't write it, but I wish I had.

https://highend-electronics.com/prod...roduct-reviews

It says
Comments from our customers . . .
You're the first! Write my review now.

Did you save it,

of course.

please post it for our amusement.

-----------
Yoric Hunt on Oct 09, 2019

Wife was very happy!

I don't have a need to demagnetize any optical disks because I no longer live in the 90s. However, my wife had been complaining about chaffing recently, so I thought this would be the perfect solution.

I popped my man sausage into the device, exercising the necessary caution, and low and behold, once de-magnetized, it now slips in easier than Jeremy Corbyn at a c*nts convention.

----------

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 9 October 2019 17:49:24 UTC+1, wrote:
After serious thinking Brian Gaff wrote :
router needs a demagnetizer...

No joke, it will double your Internet speed, due to the cleaner bits
coming down the line..

I'm sure we all need cleaner bits ;-)

Compact disc doesn't spin GARY Electronics Repair 21 March 11th 11 12:56 AM
Old Sony Compact Disc Player skips a lot Angelo Campanella Electronics Repair 8 December 4th 10 05:34 PM
Was CZ75 compact now S&W M&P 40 compact Wes[_5_] Metalworking 5 September 25th 10 12:05 AM
FIX: Toyota / Fujtsu Ten Limited CD player - Model SD-1619TM1 PN? 08601-00804 / Toyota compact Disc deck 34203 Robin Taylor Electronics Repair 4 August 7th 08 12:29 PM
Problem with Compact Disc Recorder Slartibartfast Electronics Repair 5 August 13th 05 08:29 AM