Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Flavel Caress HE gas fire?

I used to smell that back when I was a kid (in my grandmother's house - we didn't have gas where I lived). But that was when they actually had boilers and fires which took the air in from the room, so it could blow back in. Now they all have balanced flues and take the air from outside, gas can't get into the house. I'm not sure if I was smelling gas or burned gas as to me they're identical.

So since there's no gas smell nowadays, if I was to make a mistake with the piping, I'd know as I'd smell it.

On Wed, 08 Jan 2020 19:57:22 -0000, Brian Gaff (Sofa 2) wrote:

Yes I think common sense is in order, but I was always a bit timid around
gas devices. For a start there always did seem to be a residue of the gas
smell in the house even when the powers that be passed it all as good. Since
I got rid of Gas completely no more smell.
Brian

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Troll-feeding Senile ASSHOLE Alert!

On Wed, 8 Jan 2020 19:57:22 -0000, Brainless & Daft, the notorious,
troll-feeding senile idiot, blathered again:

Yes I think common sense is in order

Do you? Then don't feed the troll, Brainless & Daft! tsk