Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Builder required - Lincoln area

My DIY skills are limited and increasing mobility problems
make even simple jobs difficut or impossible these days but
this is an area I would never have attempted to take on
anyway!

We are looking for a builder to quote for a kitchen
extension. Our usual highly recommended [1] builder is unable
to take this on at the moment due to high workload plus one
his key men is taking 12 months paternity leave so,
reluctantly, we are having to look elsewhere.

We know that some cowboys have carried out work here (before
we bought it) but this is mainly confined to the conservatory
and other external works rather than the main fabric of the
building. This extension is different, though, and we want to
be assured that whoever we choose is reliable and can be
trusted to work to a high standard.

Any suggestions?

[1] The survey showed that the driveway had reduced the depth
of the damp course, so we wanted that attended too asap when
we moved in. The builder was recommended by an old school
friend of my wife's who had worked with them on a number of
important restoration projects.

We were concluding some business with the seller over the
purchase of some of the contents when the builder turned up to
take a look. The sellers eyes opened wide and he said "How did
you get hold of HIM?" "He's GOOD!"

--

Terry

---
https://www.avg.com

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 26/09/2019 18:36, Terry Casey wrote:
[...]

I take it the usual builder did not get as far as a rough price?

--
Adam