Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default scamming *******s

phone call from 'Thomas Cook refund agent' going to give me a refund
on the holiday I have purchased (no I haven't) just need my card details
and 3 digit number on back to refund me
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 24 Sep 2019 16:54:07 +0100, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

phone call from 'Thomas Cook refund agent' going to give me a refund on
the holiday I have purchased (no I haven't) just need my card details
and 3 digit number on back to refund me

Opportunistic scum. Fancy preying on people who've already been fleeced.
Words fail me on this occasion.

--
Leave first - THEN negotiate!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Cursitor Doom wrote:
On Tue, 24 Sep 2019 16:54:07 +0100, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

phone call from 'Thomas Cook refund agent' going to give me a refund on
the holiday I have purchased (no I haven't) just need my card details
and 3 digit number on back to refund me

Opportunistic scum. Fancy preying on people who've already been fleeced.
Words fail me on this occasion.

Part of me is thinking smart move.... ;-)

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Cursitor Doom" wrote in message ...
On Tue, 24 Sep 2019 16:54:07 +0100, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

phone call from 'Thomas Cook refund agent' going to give me a refund on
the holiday I have purchased (no I haven't) just need my card details
and 3 digit number on back to refund me

Opportunistic scum. Fancy preying on people who've already been fleeced.

More especially if they also voted Brexit.

Words fail me on this occasion.

Some hopes.

michael adams

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jim GM4DHJ ... used his keyboard to write :
phone call from 'Thomas Cook refund agent' going to give me a refund on the
holiday I have purchased (no I haven't) just need my card details and 3 digit
number on back to refund me

A bit of a flood of blocked calls on my landline, from spoofed numbers,
I wonder if it was part of the scam..

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 24 Sep 2019 18:28:42 +0100, "michael adams"
wrote:

"Cursitor Doom" wrote in message ...
On Tue, 24 Sep 2019 16:54:07 +0100, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

phone call from 'Thomas Cook refund agent' going to give me a refund on
the holiday I have purchased (no I haven't) just need my card details
and 3 digit number on back to refund me

Opportunistic scum. Fancy preying on people who've already been fleeced.

More especially if they also voted Brexit.

My thoughts precisely.

One can just imagine with PPI's Brexit and Thomas Cook, the same
knuckledraggers probably fell for the rebuild Iraq scam too.

There is no shortage of people in the UK ready and willing to be
fleeced, as Boris Farage and Mogg have found out so easily :-)

AB
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

"Cursitor Doom" wrote in message ...
On Tue, 24 Sep 2019 16:54:07 +0100, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

phone call from 'Thomas Cook refund agent' going to give me a refund on
the holiday I have purchased (no I haven't) just need my card details
and 3 digit number on back to refund me

Opportunistic scum. Fancy preying on people who've already been fleeced.

More especially if they also voted Brexit.

My thoughts precisely.

One can just imagine with PPI's Brexit and Thomas Cook, the same
knuckledraggers probably fell for the rebuild Iraq scam too.

The funnyest scam I've heard was the one about a nigeria astrounat that the americans left orbiting the earth and couldn;t afford to bring him back, so they were asking for donations, and when he was back he'd pay everyone back from his back dated salery.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

"Cursitor Doom" wrote in message
On Tue, 24 Sep 2019 16:54:07 +0100, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

phone call from 'Thomas Cook refund agent' going to give me a refund
on
the holiday I have purchased (no I haven't) just need my card details
and 3 digit number on back to refund me

Opportunistic scum. Fancy preying on people who've already been
fleeced.

More especially if they also voted Brexit.

My thoughts precisely.

One can just imagine with PPI's Brexit and Thomas Cook, the same
knuckledraggers probably fell for the rebuild Iraq scam too.

The funnyest scam I've heard was the one about a nigeria astrounat that
the americans left orbiting the earth and couldn;t afford to bring him
back, so they were asking for donations, and when he was back he'd pay
everyone back from his back dated salery.

Bugger I was relying on that payback.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 25 Sep 2019 20:21:12 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Bugger I was relying on that payback.

Were you, you trolling *******?

cretin from Oz:

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

"Cursitor Doom" wrote in message ...
On Tue, 24 Sep 2019 16:54:07 +0100, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

phone call from 'Thomas Cook refund agent' going to give me a refund on
the holiday I have purchased (no I haven't) just need my card details
and 3 digit number on back to refund me

Opportunistic scum. Fancy preying on people who've already been fleeced.

More especially if they also voted Brexit.

My thoughts precisely.

One can just imagine with PPI's Brexit and Thomas Cook, the same
knuckledraggers probably fell for the rebuild Iraq scam too.

Thomas Cook had over a bilion pounds in debt as a result of
massively overpaying for Airtours in 2008, and only recently
admitting that that purchase had no asset value.

It is one of many zombie companies with completely
unsustainable debt that have been kept alive by negative
interest rates since 2009. If we had returned to 'normal'
interest rates when help-to-speculate started they would
have disappeared earlier, like Woolies, NHS and Mothercare
have.

I suspect much of the PPI scam money ended up being spent
on Thomas Cook holidays, and that juicy money stream,some
tens of billions of pounds has now stopped.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andrew wrote:
It is one of many zombie companies with completely
unsustainable debt that have been kept alive by negative
interest rates since 2009. If we had returned to 'normal'
interest rates when help-to-speculate started they would
have disappeared earlier, like Woolies, NHS and Mothercare
have.

Ay? The NHS still exists doesn't it? .... and Mothercare, even if
they're owned by someone new. Woolworths have gone, I agree there. :-)

--
Chris Green
·
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Chris Green wrote:
Andrew wrote:
It is one of many zombie companies with completely
unsustainable debt that have been kept alive by negative
interest rates since 2009. If we had returned to 'normal'
interest rates when help-to-speculate started they would
have disappeared earlier, like Woolies, NHS and Mothercare
have.

Ay? The NHS still exists doesn't it? .... and Mothercare, even if
they're owned by someone new. Woolworths have gone, I agree there. :-)

I suspect he meant BHS.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ss ss is offline

On 24/09/2019 18:58, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Jim GM4DHJ ... used his keyboard to write :
* phone call from 'Thomas Cook refund agent' going to give me a refund
on the holiday I have purchased (no I haven't) just need my card
details and 3 digit number on back to refund me

A bit of a flood of blocked calls on my landline, from spoofed numbers,
I wonder if it was part of the scam..

I did get a message in my bank account (so genuine not an email) that if
I had booked a holday with TC to contact them (or words to that effect)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

ss wrote:

On 24/09/2019 18:58, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Jim GM4DHJ ... used his keyboard to write :
phone call from 'Thomas Cook refund agent' going to give me a refund
on the holiday I have purchased (no I haven't) just need my card
details and 3 digit number on back to refund me

A bit of a flood of blocked calls on my landline, from spoofed numbers,
I wonder if it was part of the scam..

I did get a message in my bank account (so genuine not an email) that if
I had booked a holday with TC to contact them (or words to that effect)

So did I. I wonder if the credit card banks are worried they will take
a very bit loss on TC refunds?

--

Roger Hayter

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
ss wrote:
On 24/09/2019 18:58, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Jim GM4DHJ ... used his keyboard to write :
phone call from 'Thomas Cook refund agent' going to give me a refund
on the holiday I have purchased (no I haven't) just need my card
details and 3 digit number on back to refund me

A bit of a flood of blocked calls on my landline, from spoofed numbers,
I wonder if it was part of the scam..

I did get a message in my bank account (so genuine not an email) that if
I had booked a holday with TC to contact them (or words to that effect)

My bank told me of a website to use.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 25/09/2019 20:34, Chris Green wrote:
Ay? The NHS still exists doesn't it?

The NHS is funded by the taxpayer. even our
huge national debt, most of which is thanks to the 'free'
NHS is just a tax on future generations.

Wait until McDonnell resurrects British Leyland to build
'windmills' for an example of a non-public service being
funded by the money-tree.