Posted to uk.politics.misc,uk.legal,uk.d-i-y

Default Supreme Court

On 25/09/2019 15:22, Martin Brown wrote:
On 25/09/2019 15:03, Norman Wells wrote:
In article ,
Â*Â*Â* Martin Brown wrote:
It's an utterly bizarre situation where the opposition is seemingly
unprepared to govern, unwilling to take over, and so lacking in
confidence in itself that it won't even try.

They are smart enough not to fall into the trap of executing a vote of
no confidence and then having Boris set a date for the election after
his disastrous hard Brexit has been forced through.

Quite. Seems to have been his whole policy to date. Break or bend any
rules for his own ends. The only way to regain the votes the Tories have
lost to the Brexit party.

But you can't really expect the likes of Boris to know or care what
might
be best for the country.

Is Corbyn's propping up Boris in office but unable to govern 'the best
for the country'?

Better than a no-deal Brexit - which isn't saying much.

They only need to hang him out to dry on his zip wire until 31/10/2019.
Once his self imposed Brexit "do-or-die" deadline passes he is toast.

Then what? We start the ridiculous charade all over again for another
three months. Not getting anywhere because we never approach a deadline
when any pressure comes to bear and anything actually happens.

What is the point?

The electorate is losing patience. The EU will lose patience. We'll
get no nearer to a good deal. And no deal will remain the default
position. Maybe there'll be a gradual realisation that we don't have
the Article 50 time limit totally in our own hands. Maybe that will
come as a sudden, unpleasant and unexpected surprise to some. All it
takes is just one of the 27 countries of the EU to break ranks, and
we'll be out, deal or no deal.

Posted to uk.politics.misc,uk.legal,uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Norman Wells wrote:
In article ,
Martin Brown wrote:
It's an utterly bizarre situation where the opposition is seemingly
unprepared to govern, unwilling to take over, and so lacking in
confidence in itself that it won't even try.

They are smart enough not to fall into the trap of executing a vote of
no confidence and then having Boris set a date for the election after
his disastrous hard Brexit has been forced through.

Quite. Seems to have been his whole policy to date. Break or bend any
rules for his own ends. The only way to regain the votes the Tories have
lost to the Brexit party.

But you can't really expect the likes of Boris to know or care what might
be best for the country.

Is Corbyn's propping up Boris in office but unable to govern 'the best
for the country'?

Are you desperate to vote Corbyn in, then?

We need a general election regardless of the result.

But I don't see a Corbyn government given Labour's standing in the
polls, and the complete inability of Labour and other Remain parties to
come to any compromise agreement. The Remain vote will therefore be
hopelessly split between Labour, the LibDems, the Greens and the SNP.

Why else do you think Corbyn is so scared to bring a no confidence
motion that he would almost certainly win?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 25 September 2019 16:40:28 UTC+1, Norman Wells wrote:

We need a general election regardless of the result.

But I don't see a Corbyn government given Labour's standing in the
polls, and the complete inability of Labour and other Remain parties to
come to any compromise agreement. The Remain vote will therefore be
hopelessly split between Labour, the LibDems, the Greens and the SNP.

Why else do you think Corbyn is so scared to bring a no confidence
motion that he would almost certainly win?

Because then it;s be up to him to sort out the Brexist things which has nothing to do with himn he wasn;t in 'power' when it was decided the 'people' should vote on it, it wasn't his idea. Having a GE before 31st oct. would be a really bad move for labour, but perhaps if an extention was agreed then a GE it would give labour the chance to fomulate either another deal or to perhaps have another vote.

But as voting to join or leave the EU has been said to be a once in a lifetime vote we might not get asked to vote on it again for another ~69 years[1]

[1] How many years is considered a lifetime?
For example, cohort life expectancy at age 65 years in 2014 would be worked out using the mortality rate for age 65 years in 2014, for age 66 years in 2015, for age 67 years in 2016 etc.

Posted to uk.politics.misc,uk.legal,uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Norman Wells wrote:
Are you desperate to vote Corbyn in, then?

We need a general election regardless of the result.

But I don't see a Corbyn government given Labour's standing in the
polls, and the complete inability of Labour and other Remain parties to
come to any compromise agreement. The Remain vote will therefore be
hopelessly split between Labour, the LibDems, the Greens and the SNP.

And the remain vote split between the Tories and the Brexit party. Talk
about out of the frying pan into the fire. Voting for a party of racists
with no experience of anything.

Why else do you think Corbyn is so scared to bring a no confidence
motion that he would almost certainly win?

Because he wants an election when it suits him. Not when it suits Boris.

--
*I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.politics.misc,uk.legal,uk.d-i-y

"Norman Wells" wrote in message
In article ,
Martin Brown wrote:
It's an utterly bizarre situation where the opposition is seemingly
unprepared to govern, unwilling to take over, and so lacking in
confidence in itself that it won't even try.

They are smart enough not to fall into the trap of executing a vote of
no confidence and then having Boris set a date for the election after
his disastrous hard Brexit has been forced through.

Quite. Seems to have been his whole policy to date. Break or bend any
rules for his own ends. The only way to regain the votes the Tories have
lost to the Brexit party.

But you can't really expect the likes of Boris to know or care what might
be best for the country.

Is Corbyn's propping up Boris in office but unable to govern 'the best for
the country'?

Thats very arguable if it prevents a no deal brexit and you believe
that a no deal brexit is bad for the country.

Posted to uk.politics.misc,uk.legal,uk.d-i-y

"Norman Wells" wrote in message
In article ,
Norman Wells wrote:
In article ,
Martin Brown wrote:
[...]

IMO its much more likely that the LimpDim vote will increase dramatically
because they are the only major party that is unambiguously remain now
apart from the SNP and the SNP hasnt got a hope in hell of ever being
the party with the majority of the vote in the entire UK in a general
election.

Why else do you think Corbyn is so scared to bring a no confidence motion
that he would almost certainly win?

He's not so stupid that he doesnt realise that a general election now
allows Boris to have it just after 29-Oct and given the purdah rule
that would mean a default no deal brexit on that date if he refuses
to ask the EU for an extension or the EU refuses to agree to one.

Posted to uk.politics.misc,uk.legal,uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 26 Sep 2019 04:46:08 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

IMO

Your IMO doesn't count, you trolling piece of Australian ****!

--
Sqwertz to Rot Speed:
asshole.
Posted to uk.politics.misc,uk.legal,uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 26 Sep 2019 04:33:03 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

That¢s very arguable

What is NOT "arguable" for you, you psychopathic "argumentative asshole"?

--
Sqwertz to Rot Speed:
asshole.
Posted to uk.politics.misc,uk.legal,uk.d-i-y

On 25/09/2019 16:40, Norman Wells wrote:
In article ,
Â*Â*Â* Norman Wells wrote:
In article ,
Â*Â*Â*Â* Martin Brown wrote:
[...]

But if the same proportions are elected then nothing will change.

But I don't see a Corbyn government given Labour's standing in the
polls, and the complete inability of Labour and other Remain parties to
come to any compromise agreement.Â* The Remain vote will therefore be
hopelessly split between Labour, the LibDems, the Greens and the SNP.

Why else do you think Corbyn is so scared to bring a no confidence
motion that he would almost certainly win?

You still don't get it do you!?
boris will use such a vote to disolve parliament to prevent democratic
debate over brexit.
He already shown his intent with the attempt at a five week prorgument.

Posted to uk.politics.misc,uk.legal,uk.d-i-y

On 25/09/2019 21:57, dennis@home wrote:
On 25/09/2019 16:40, Norman Wells wrote:
In article ,
Â*Â*Â* Norman Wells wrote:
In article ,
Â*Â*Â*Â* Martin Brown wrote:
[...]

They never, ever, have been.

The pack needs shuffling.

But I don't see a Corbyn government given Labour's standing in the
polls, and the complete inability of Labour and other Remain parties
to come to any compromise agreement.Â* The Remain vote will therefore
be hopelessly split between Labour, the LibDems, the Greens and the SNP.

Why else do you think Corbyn is so scared to bring a no confidence
motion that he would almost certainly win?

You still don't get it do you!?
boris will use such a vote to disolve parliament to prevent democratic
debate over brexit.
He already shown his intent with the attempt at a five week prorgument.

Regardless of Boris's motives, which we weren't talking about, Corbyn's
are not to lose his power base which he certainly would in a general
election. He is frightened stiff to do anything that could result in
such an election. That's why he's running scared of the electorate and
will make any feeble excuse he can not to agree to an election, or to
force a motion of no confidence which he would almost certainly win but
would have the same consequence.

It's a pathetic vision of what is supposed to be an opposition
impressing the public as a government-in-waiting ready to assume power.

How low Labour have sunk.

Posted to uk.politics.misc,uk.legal,uk.d-i-y

On 25/09/2019 22:40, Norman Wells wrote:
On 25/09/2019 21:57, dennis@home wrote:
On 25/09/2019 16:40, Norman Wells wrote:
In article ,
Â*Â*Â* Norman Wells wrote:
In article ,
Â*Â*Â*Â* Martin Brown wrote:
[...]

election.Â* He is frightened stiff to do anything that could result in
such an election.Â* That's why he's running scared of the electorate and
will make any feeble excuse he can not to agree to an election, or to
force a motion of no confidence which he would almost certainly win but
would have the same consequence.

It's a pathetic vision of what is supposed to be an opposition
impressing the public as a government-in-waiting ready to assume power.

How low Labour have sunk.

You are just pouting more brexiteer lies just like boris in the hope of
pitting the people against the HoC.

Just like grove has been lying again..
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-49833221

You just can't trust anything a brexiteer says it is certain to be lies.

Posted to uk.politics.misc,uk.legal,uk.d-i-y

"Norman Wells" wrote in message
On 25/09/2019 21:57, dennis@home wrote:
On 25/09/2019 16:40, Norman Wells wrote:
In article ,
Norman Wells wrote:
In article ,
Martin Brown wrote:
[...]

Hardly surprising given that its been hijacked by the Trots.

That was always one real downside of the approach Blair took
to make Labour electable to govt, once he stuffed that up
completely, it was always going to be hijacked by the Trots
and will be unelectable to govt for a generation at least.

Posted to uk.politics.misc,uk.legal,uk.d-i-y

"dennis@home" wrote in message
On 25/09/2019 16:40, Norman Wells wrote:
In article ,
Norman Wells wrote:
In article ,
Martin Brown wrote:
[...]

Thats unlikely given that so many Torys have been deselected.

then nothing will change.

But the vote on Mays deal was so close that it might just get up.

But the reality is that there wont be any general election
until after 29-Oct because one would mean that Boris gets
to set the date and would have it after 29-Oct by which
time there would have been a completely automatic
no deal brexit.

But I don't see a Corbyn government given Labour's standing in the polls,
and the complete inability of Labour and other Remain parties to come to
any compromise agreement. The Remain vote will therefore be hopelessly
split between Labour, the LibDems, the Greens and the SNP.

Why else do you think Corbyn is so scared to bring a no confidence motion
that he would almost certainly win?

You still don't get it do you!?
boris will use such a vote to disolve parliament to prevent democratic
debate over brexit.
He already shown his intent with the attempt at a five week prorgument.

Posted to uk.politics.misc,uk.legal,uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 26 Sep 2019 09:47:47 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

How low Labour have sunk.

Hardly

In auto-contradicting mode again, you anomalous senile idiot from Oz?

--
Kerr-Mudd,John addressing senile Rot:
MID:
Posted to uk.politics.misc,uk.legal,uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 26 Sep 2019 11:30:46 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH the auto-contradicting senile idiot's latest troll****

cretin from Oz: