Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Understanding the Teen Brain

Understanding the Teen Brain

It doesnt matter how smart teens are or how well they scored on
the SAT or ACT. Good judgment isnt something they can excel in,
at least not yet.

The rational part of a teens brain isnt fully developed and
wont be until age 25 or so.

In fact, recent research has found that adult and teen brains
work differently. Adults think with the prefrontal cortex, the
brains rational part. This is the part of the brain that responds
to situations with good judgment and an awareness of long-term
consequences. Teens process information with the amygdala.
This is the emotional part.

In teens brains, the connections between the emotional part of
the brain and the decision-making center are still developing€”and
not always at the same rate. Thats why when teens have overwhelming
emotional input, they cant explain later what they were thinking.
They werent thinking as much as they were feeling.
[...]

https://www.urmc.rochester.edu/encyc...ContentID=3051

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 21/09/19 00:26, David P wrote:
Understanding the Teen Brain

The rational part of a teens brain isnt fully developed and
wont be until age 25 or so.

I may be wrong, and my knowledge of numbers has waned with age, but I
seem to remember that teenagers stop being teenagers when they reach 20...

--

Jeff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Its a variable feast, however many females reach maturity earlier and from
recent observations people who become politicians never do develop these
connections completely.. grin.
Brian

From the sofa of Brian Gaff -

Blind user, so no pictures please!
Today is Yesterdays Tomorrow.
"Jeff Layman" wrote in message
On 21/09/19 00:26, David P wrote:
Understanding the Teen Brain

The rational part of a teens brain isnt fully developed and
wont be until age 25 or so.

I may be wrong, and my knowledge of numbers has waned with age, but I seem
to remember that teenagers stop being teenagers when they reach 20...

--

Jeff

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 21/09/2019 08:33, Brian Gaff wrote:
Its a variable feast, however many females reach maturity earlier and
from recent observations people who become politicians never do develop
these connections completely.. grin.
Brian

It is like the onset of autumn, it varies from view to view.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

David P wrote:
[...]

https://www.urmc.rochester.edu/encyc...1&ContentID051

Over my time in teaching, I met some teenagers who were remarkably
sensible.

If I say so myself, our three daughters were - they had their moments but
nothing to worry about, just the kind of thing we laugh at now and I
mentioned (or will do) at their weddings.

Much of it comes down to parents. I recall a particular pupil who wasnt
sensible by any stretch of the imagination. Hed got into a particularly
serious/silly matter and a more senior teacher had contacted his parents.
The senior teacher spoke to me later as his form tutor €˜You can see where
he gets it from. summed up the situation perfectly.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Brian Reay" wrote in message
David P wrote:
[...]

But those moments may well have been due to
the way teen brains works compared with adults.

Much of it comes down to parents.

Not with how the teen brain works compared with adult brains.

I recall a particular pupil who wasnt
sensible by any stretch of the imagination.

We arent talking about sensible.

Hed got into a particularly serious/silly matter and
a more senior teacher had contacted his parents.
The senior teacher spoke to me later as his form tutor
€˜You can see where he gets it from. summed up the
situation perfectly.

Sure but thats an entirely separate matter from
whether teen brains work differently to adult brains.

There's a reason that teens are used as cannon fodder world wide...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Understanding the Senile Brain

On Sat, 21 Sep 2019 17:58:25 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH the trolling senile Australian asshole's latest senile troll****

cretin from Oz:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 20 Sep 2019 16:26:43 -0700, David P wrote:

In teens brains, the connections between the emotional part of the
brain and the decision-making center are still developing€”and not always
at the same rate. Thats why when teens have overwhelming emotional
input, they cant explain later what they were thinking.
They werent thinking as much as they were feeling.

Makes them ideal fodder for indoctrination by AGW propagandists, then.

--
Leave first - THEN negotiate!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 21 Sep 2019 07:50:40 +0000, Brian Reay wrote:

Over my time in teaching, I met some teenagers who were remarkably
sensible.

It's good of you to publicly own up you were once a teacher. Must have
taken some courage. I'll try to bear that in mind when reading your posts
in future.

--
Leave first - THEN negotiate!

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 21/09/2019 14:02, Cursitor Doom wrote:
On Sat, 21 Sep 2019 07:50:40 +0000, Brian Reay wrote:

Over my time in teaching, I met some teenagers who were remarkably
sensible.

It's good of you to publicly own up you were once a teacher. Must have
taken some courage. I'll try to bear that in mind when reading your posts
in future.

Several posters here used to be teachers.

Of course that was back in the days when we had proper exams and no such
thing as spending an afternoon in isolation.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Cursitor Doom wrote:
On Sat, 21 Sep 2019 07:50:40 +0000, Brian Reay wrote:

Over my time in teaching, I met some teenagers who were remarkably
sensible.

It's good of you to publicly own up you were once a teacher. Must have
taken some courage. I'll try to bear that in mind when reading your posts
in future.

There is no shortage of people who havent grown up. With time maybe you
will.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Gaff wrote

Well judging by Boris' personal life, his sap rises at the wrong time.

More likely his sap rises all the time and Corbyn's never does.
And only a fool would be stupid enough to **** that fool Abbott.

"Broadback" wrote in message
On 21/09/2019 08:33, Brian Gaff wrote:
Its a variable feast, however many females reach maturity earlier and
from recent observations people who become politicians never do develop
these connections completely.. grin.
Brian

It is like the onset of autumn, it varies from view to view.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 21/09/2019 16:28, Brian Reay wrote:
Cursitor Doom wrote:
On Sat, 21 Sep 2019 07:50:40 +0000, Brian Reay wrote:

Over my time in teaching, I met some teenagers who were remarkably
sensible.

It's good of you to publicly own up you were once a teacher. Must have
taken some courage. I'll try to bear that in mind when reading your posts
in future.

There is no shortage of people who havent grown up. With time maybe you
will.

Please Sir can you define grown up?

I have to be grown up at work but I ****ing hate it.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default UNBELIEVABLE: It's 01:53 am in Australia and the Senile Ozzietard is out of Bed and TROLLING already!!!! LOL

On Sun, 22 Sep 2019 01:53:33 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH more of the braindead trolling senile asshole's usual troll****

cretin from Oz:

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 21 Sep 2019 15:59:14 +0100, ARW wrote:

Several posters here used to be teachers.

Of course that was back in the days when we had proper exams and no such
thing as spending an afternoon in isolation.

Pre-1960 you mean? They must be getting on a bit by now.

--
Leave first - THEN negotiate!
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 22/09/2019 09:49, Cursitor Doom wrote:
On Sat, 21 Sep 2019 15:59:14 +0100, ARW wrote:

Several posters here used to be teachers.

Of course that was back in the days when we had proper exams and no such
thing as spending an afternoon in isolation.

Pre-1960 you mean? They must be getting on a bit by now.

A bit later I believe. I was born in 1970 and still did O levels. I
still from time to time bump into an old school teachers (usually in the
pub for the English and metal/woodwork teachers). I cannot remember
getting slippered after about 1982.

https://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/...20190822188422

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/09/2019 10:33, ARW wrote:
On 22/09/2019 09:49, Cursitor Doom wrote:
On Sat, 21 Sep 2019 15:59:14 +0100, ARW wrote:

Several posters here used to be teachers.

Of course that was back in the days when we had proper exams and no such
thing as spending an afternoon in isolation.

Pre-1960 you mean? They must be getting on a bit by now.

A bit later I believe. I was born in 1970

Oh, a youngster.

and still did O levels. I
still from time to time bump into an old school teachers (usually in the
pub for the English and metal/woodwork teachers). I cannot remember
getting slippered after about 1982.

and you misbehaved at school.

https://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/...20190822188422

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Cursitor Doom wrote:
On Sat, 21 Sep 2019 07:50:40 +0000, Brian Reay wrote:

Over my time in teaching, I met some teenagers who were remarkably
sensible.

It's good of you to publicly own up you were once a teacher. Must have
taken some courage. I'll try to bear that in mind when reading your posts
in future.

There is no shortage of people who havent grown up. With time maybe you
will.

Please Sir can you define grown up?

I have to be grown up at work but I ****ing hate it.

When Reay boasts "Over my time in teaching...." keep in mind he was a
teacher for only a few years before retiring early, having come to it
later in life.

--
Spike

The maths teacher broke down in tears at
the North West Wiltshire Magistrates Court

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Spike wrote:
When Reay boasts "Over my time in teaching...." keep in mind he was a
teacher for only a few years before retiring early, having come to it
later in life.

Those that can't eventually end up teaching?

--
*Forget about World Peace...Visualize using your turn signal.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 22/09/2019 10:44, Brian Reay wrote:
On 22/09/2019 10:33, ARW wrote:
On 22/09/2019 09:49, Cursitor Doom wrote:
On Sat, 21 Sep 2019 15:59:14 +0100, ARW wrote:

Several posters here used to be teachers.

Of course that was back in the days when we had proper exams and no
such
thing as spending an afternoon in isolation.

Pre-1960 you mean? They must be getting on a bit by now.

A bit later I believe. I was born in 1970

Oh, a youngster.

and still did O levels. I
still from time to time bump into an old school teachers (usually in
the pub for the English and metal/woodwork teachers). I cannot
remember getting slippered after about 1982.

and you misbehaved at school.

Sometimes.

I was sent home from the school trip to Austria.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/09/2019 10:33, ARW wrote:
On 22/09/2019 09:49, Cursitor Doom wrote:
On Sat, 21 Sep 2019 15:59:14 +0100, ARW wrote:

Several posters here used to be teachers.

Of course that was back in the days when we had proper exams and no
such
thing as spending an afternoon in isolation.

Pre-1960 you mean? They must be getting on a bit by now.

A bit later I believe. I was born in 1970

Oh, a youngster.

and still did O levels. I
still from time to time bump into an old school teachers (usually in
the pub for the English and metal/woodwork teachers). I cannot
remember getting slippered after about 1982.

and you misbehaved at school.

Sometimes.

I was sent home from the school trip to Austria.

lemme guess, nazi impressions?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/09/2019 10:33, ARW wrote:
On 22/09/2019 09:49, Cursitor Doom wrote:
On Sat, 21 Sep 2019 15:59:14 +0100, ARW wrote:

Several posters here used to be teachers.

Of course that was back in the days when we had proper exams and
no such thing as spending an afternoon in isolation.

Pre-1960 you mean? They must be getting on a bit by now.

A bit later I believe. I was born in 1970

Oh, a youngster.

and still did O levels. I
still from time to time bump into an old school teachers (usually in
the pub for the English and metal/woodwork teachers). I cannot
remember getting slippered after about 1982.

and you misbehaved at school.

Sometimes.

I was sent home from the school trip to Austria.

lemme guess, nazi impressions?

Shagging a new teacher probably!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/09/2019 10:33, ARW wrote:
On 22/09/2019 09:49, Cursitor Doom wrote:
On Sat, 21 Sep 2019 15:59:14 +0100, ARW wrote:

Several posters here used to be teachers.

Of course that was back in the days when we had proper exams and no
such
thing as spending an afternoon in isolation.

Pre-1960 you mean? They must be getting on a bit by now.

A bit later I believe. I was born in 1970

Oh, a youngster.

and still did O levels. I
still from time to time bump into an old school teachers (usually in
the pub for the English and metal/woodwork teachers). I cannot
remember getting slippered after about 1982.

and you misbehaved at school.

Sometimes.

I was sent home from the school trip to Austria.

Quite serious then.

Why am I not surprised?

No doubt you believe you still think you were unfairly treated.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 22/09/2019 18:04, Brian Reay wrote:

No doubt you believe you still think you were unfairly treated.

You did not teach English then?

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 22/09/2019 10:33, ARW wrote:
On 22/09/2019 09:49, Cursitor Doom wrote:
On Sat, 21 Sep 2019 15:59:14 +0100, ARW wrote:

Several posters here used to be teachers.

Of course that was back in the days when we had proper exams and
no such thing as spending an afternoon in isolation.

Pre-1960 you mean? They must be getting on a bit by now.

A bit later I believe. I was born in 1970

Oh, a youngster.

and still did O levels. I
still from time to time bump into an old school teachers (usually in
the pub for the English and metal/woodwork teachers). I cannot
remember getting slippered after about 1982.

and you misbehaved at school.

Sometimes.

I was sent home from the school trip to Austria.

lemme guess, nazi impressions?

Shagging a new teacher probably!

Actually it was for taking part in a fight and some windows got broken.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/09/2019 10:33, ARW wrote:
On 22/09/2019 09:49, Cursitor Doom wrote:
On Sat, 21 Sep 2019 15:59:14 +0100, ARW wrote:

Several posters here used to be teachers.

Of course that was back in the days when we had proper exams and
no such thing as spending an afternoon in isolation.

Pre-1960 you mean? They must be getting on a bit by now.

A bit later I believe. I was born in 1970

Oh, a youngster.

and still did O levels. I
still from time to time bump into an old school teachers (usually in
the pub for the English and metal/woodwork teachers). I cannot
remember getting slippered after about 1982.

and you misbehaved at school.

Sometimes.

I was sent home from the school trip to Austria.

lemme guess, nazi impressions?

Shagging a new teacher probably!

Actually it was for taking part in a fight and some windows got broken.

Interesting wording.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 22/09/2019 10:33, ARW wrote:
[...]

English words?

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/09/2019 19:37, ARW wrote:
On 22/09/2019 17:54, Bob Eager wrote:
On Sun, 22 Sep 2019 09:02:23 -0700, tabbypurr wrote:
On Sunday, 22 September 2019 16:02:33 UTC+1, ARWÂ* wrote:

I was sent home from the school trip to Austria.

lemme guess, nazi impressions?

Shagging a new teacher probably!

Actually it was for taking part in a fight and some windows got broken.

Interesting wording.

English words?

The beauty of the passive voice. "Windows were broken" rather than "I
broke the windows" (or whoever did).

--
Max Demian
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 22 Sep 2019 19:33:22 +0100, ARW wrote:

You did not teach English then?

It hasn't been taught at all for the last 30 years at least. No doubt
squeezed out of the syllabus by one indoctrination initiative after
another.

--
Leave first - THEN negotiate!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/09/2019 10:33, ARW wrote:
On 22/09/2019 09:49, Cursitor Doom wrote:
On Sat, 21 Sep 2019 15:59:14 +0100, ARW wrote:

Several posters here used to be teachers.

Of course that was back in the days when we had proper exams and no
such
thing as spending an afternoon in isolation.

Pre-1960 you mean? They must be getting on a bit by now.

A bit later I believe. I was born in 1970

Oh, a youngster.

and still did O levels. I
still from time to time bump into an old school teachers (usually in the
pub for the English and metal/woodwork teachers). I cannot remember
getting slippered after about 1982.

and you misbehaved at school.

Sometimes.

I was sent home from the school trip to Austria.

For getting blind drunk and ****ing the cleaning women presumably.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/09/2019 10:33, ARW wrote:
On 22/09/2019 09:49, Cursitor Doom wrote:
On Sat, 21 Sep 2019 15:59:14 +0100, ARW wrote:

Several posters here used to be teachers.

Of course that was back in the days when we had proper exams and
no such thing as spending an afternoon in isolation.

Pre-1960 you mean? They must be getting on a bit by now.

A bit later I believe. I was born in 1970

Oh, a youngster.

and still did O levels. I
still from time to time bump into an old school teachers (usually in
the pub for the English and metal/woodwork teachers). I cannot
remember getting slippered after about 1982.

and you misbehaved at school.

Sometimes.

I was sent home from the school trip to Austria.

lemme guess, nazi impressions?

Shagging a new teacher probably!

More likely shagging the staff in the hotel and getting blind drunk.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 23 Sep 2019 14:49:35 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

I was sent home from the school trip to Austria.

lemme guess, nazi impressions?

Shagging a new teacher probably!

More likely shagging the staff in the hotel and getting blind drunk.

Oh, shut it, lonely senile pest!

--
addressing nym-shifting senile Rodent:
"You on the other hand are a heavyweight bull****ter who demonstrates
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 23 Sep 2019 14:13:20 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Sometimes.

I was sent home from the school trip to Austria.

For getting blind drunk and ****ing the cleaning women presumably.

Listen, if you got NOBODY to talk to in real life, talk to your psychiatrist
and carers! Or do even these people shun you, you senile pest?

--
Sqwertz to Rot Speed:
asshole.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/09/2019 19:37, ARW wrote:
On 22/09/2019 17:54, Bob Eager wrote:
On Sun, 22 Sep 2019 09:02:23 -0700, tabbypurr wrote:
On Sunday, 22 September 2019 16:02:33 UTC+1, ARWÂ* wrote:

I was sent home from the school trip to Austria.

lemme guess, nazi impressions?

Shagging a new teacher probably!

Actually it was for taking part in a fight and some windows got broken.

Interesting wording.

English words?

The beauty of the passive voice. "Windows were broken" rather than "I
broke the windows" (or whoever did).

Funny how people phrase things, isn't it ;-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 22/09/2019 19:37, ARW wrote:
On 22/09/2019 17:54, Bob Eager wrote:
On Sun, 22 Sep 2019 09:02:23 -0700, tabbypurr wrote:
On Sunday, 22 September 2019 16:02:33 UTC+1, ARWÂ* wrote:

I was sent home from the school trip to Austria.

lemme guess, nazi impressions?

Shagging a new teacher probably!

Actually it was for taking part in a fight and some windows got
broken.

Interesting wording.

English words?

The beauty of the passive voice. "Windows were broken" rather than "I
broke the windows" (or whoever did).

Funny how people phrase things, isn't it ;-)

Who broke the windows? (actually is was a patio door)

The person thrown though the doors in the fight or the person that threw
them?

I can remember my Dad going ballistic at Manchester Airport when he
picked me up and starting another fight. He was OK with what I had done.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/09/2019 19:37, ARW wrote:
On 22/09/2019 17:54, Bob Eager wrote:
On Sun, 22 Sep 2019 09:02:23 -0700, tabbypurr wrote:
On Sunday, 22 September 2019 16:02:33 UTC+1, ARWÂ* wrote:

I was sent home from the school trip to Austria.

lemme guess, nazi impressions?

Shagging a new teacher probably!

Actually it was for taking part in a fight and some windows got
broken.

Interesting wording.

English words?

The beauty of the passive voice. "Windows were broken" rather than "I
broke the windows" (or whoever did).

Funny how people phrase things, isn't it ;-)

Who broke the windows? (actually is was a patio door)

The person thrown though the doors in the fight or the person that threw
them?

or the installer or teh company that made hem as I though patio doors should be able to cope with someone falling on them, things like safety glass.
if someone threw another person at the glass in the shard would it break and the person fall to the window ?

I can remember my Dad going ballistic at Manchester Airport when he
picked me up and starting another fight. He was OK with what I had done.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/09/2019 19:37, ARW wrote:
[...]

But you dont know that Austria did it that way back then.

My patio doors that went in in 73 are toughen glass and one
of them did su4vive an immense solid glass ball that was about
15" in diameter throw at it in about 2017 but you dont know
that the Austrians did their patio doors like that when pom brats
like Adam showed up and tried trashing the place then.

I can remember my Dad going ballistic at Manchester Airport when he
picked me up and starting another fight. He was OK with what I had done.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/09/2019 19:37, ARW wrote:
[...]

and neither do you.

My patio doors that went in in 73 are toughen glass

is such glass meant to break fo yuo throw someone at it, or they fall against it ?
Are the doors meant to shatter like a car windscreen or are the frames meant to come away from what they are fixed too.

and one
of them did su4vive an immense solid glass ball that was about
15" in diameter throw at it in about 2017

who;s been throwing 15" glass balls about ?
Is that yuor crystal ball you use that came out with the wrong answer so you threw it at the door ?

but you dont know
that the Austrians did their patio doors like that when pom brats
like Adam showed up and tried trashing the place then.

The Austrians have safety standards too don't they.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 24 Sep 2019 19:19:31 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH the attention-starved senile troll's latest troll****

cretin from Oz: