Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.politics.misc,uk.d-i-y,uk.legal

Default BoJo a million miles out of his depth

On 03/09/2019 20:06, michael adams wrote:
"nightjar" wrote in message
On 03/09/2019 17:12, Stephen Cole wrote:
I was watching the Commons this afternoon and was genuinely surprised to
see just how badly Boris was performing; shifty, evasive, bumbling,
stumbling, totally lost more often than not. About on a par with Theresa
May on her bad days. What's more, he looked terrified at points, like he's
just realising for the first time that he's not actually remotely competent
for the job. LOL!

So, the forthcoming General Election campaign is going to be quite the
spectacle as we see the real Boris Johnson exposed and crushed. It's going
to be great!...

Well, he won't get the devout Jewish vote, unless he moves the date
away from the start of a religious festival that would stop them
from voting.

Er,

quote

" People who will not be able to vote on the chosen day
can register to vote by post or via a proxy vote.

Applications to vote by post must be received by 17:00 BST
on 26 September, for those not already registered to vote.

Proxy voting - where another registered voter votes on another's behalf -
must be applied for at least six working days before election day, in
England, Scotland or Wales."

/quote

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49561792

So that's Margaret Hodge sorted, at least.

I got the impression that the main objection was that he hadn't taken
the Jewish population into account when setting the date, rather than
the practical difficulties of voting.

--
Colin Bignell
Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.politics.misc,uk.d-i-y,uk.legal

news
"nightjar" wrote in message
[...]

how many non-Jews have even heard of this holiday (let alone know when it
is)

I certainly hadn't.

tim

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.politics.misc,uk.d-i-y,uk.legal

In message , tim...
writes

news
"nightjar" wrote in message
[...]

After a bit of Googling, it appears that it's only the first day of
Sukkot when work is forbidden (it's treated like the normal Jewish
Sabbath) - and this isn't the day proposed for the election. The whole
thing's not even a light breeze in a thimble.
https://tinyurl.com/y4g5ap72

--
Ian
Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.politics.misc,uk.d-i-y,uk.legal

On 04/09/2019 12:58, tim... wrote:

"nightjar" wrote in message
news

I got the impression that the main objection was that he hadn't taken
the Jewish population into account when setting the date,

how many non-Jews have even heard of this holiday (let alone know when
it is)

Nor had I, but if you are running the country, you, or at least your
civil servants, ought to know about the impact of a decision on all the
major religions practised in it.

--
Colin Bignell
Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y,uk.legal

On 04/09/2019 17:34, nightjar wrote:
On 04/09/2019 12:58, tim... wrote:

"nightjar" wrote in message
news

I got the impression that the main objection was that he hadn't taken
the Jewish population into account when setting the date,

how many non-Jews have even heard of this holiday (let alone know when
it is)

Nor had I, but if you are running the country, you, or at least your
civil servants, ought to know about the impact of a decision on all the
major religions practised in it.

0.4% of the population are Jewish.

Even as someone with a Jewish heritage I consider your point nonsense.

I'm far more concerned about Corbyn and his supporters anti-Semitic
policies.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, September 4, 2019 at 1:58:59 PM UTC+1, Ian Jackson wrote:

After a bit of Googling, it appears that it's only the first day of
Sukkot when work is forbidden (it's treated like the normal Jewish
Sabbath) - and this isn't the day proposed for the election. The whole
thing's not even a light breeze in a thimble.
https://tinyurl.com/y4g5ap72

Not quite. If you read the link, it's the first two days when work is forbidden, and that's sundown on the 13th to nightfall on the 15th. Moving the dates leaves about three hours of voting time on the 15th.
Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.politics.misc,uk.d-i-y,uk.legal

On 04/09/2019 17:34, nightjar wrote:
On 04/09/2019 12:58, tim... wrote:

"nightjar" wrote in message
news

I got the impression that the main objection was that he hadn't taken
the Jewish population into account when setting the date,

how many non-Jews have even heard of this holiday (let alone know when
it is)

Nor had I, but if you are running the country, you, or at least your
civil servants, ought to know about the impact of a decision on all the
major religions practised in it.

Is Juadaism a major religion these days in Britain?

Religion in Great Britain (2011 census)
Christianity (59.5%)
No religion (25.7%)
Islam (4.4%)
Hinduism (1.3%)
Sikhism (0.7%)
Judaism (0.4%)
Buddhism (0.4%)
Other religions (0.4%)
Not stated (7.2%)

--
A leader is best When people barely know he exists. Of a good leader,
We did this ourselves.

Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

After a bit of Googling, it appears that it's only the first day
of Sukkot when work is forbidden (it's treated like the normal
Jewish Sabbath) - and this isn't the day proposed for the election.
The whole thing's not even a light breeze in a thimble.
https://tinyurl.com/y4g5ap72

Not quite. If you read the link, it's the first two days when work is
forbidden, and that's sundown on the 13th to nightfall on the 15th.
Moving the dates leaves about three hours of voting time on the
15th.

Is voting 'work'?

I wish I got paid for it.

--
"What do you think about Gay Marriage?"
"I don't."

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.politics.misc,uk.d-i-y,uk.legal

On 04/09/2019 17:34, nightjar wrote:
On 04/09/2019 12:58, tim... wrote:

"nightjar" wrote in message
news

I got the impression that the main objection was that he hadn't taken
the Jewish population into account when setting the date,

how many non-Jews have even heard of this holiday (let alone know when
it is)

Nor had I, but if you are running the country, you, or at least your
civil servants, ought to know about the impact of a decision on all the
major religions practised in it.

I would not assume that civil servants are part of the inner circle
making decisions on such things; nor that the inner circle welcome any
suggestion they might wish to think again. And new Ministers and
advisers who don't know their civil servants may well be in supercharged
"don't bring me problems, bring me solutions" mode, making civil
servants even more inclined to keep their heads down and let their
master DIY a few minor cock-ups

--
Robin
Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y,uk.legal,uk.politics.misc

Brian Kampf wrote:
On 04/09/2019 17:34, nightjar wrote:
On 04/09/2019 12:58, tim... wrote:

"nightjar" wrote in message
news

I got the impression that the main objection was that he hadn't taken
the Jewish population into account when setting the date,

how many non-Jews have even heard of this holiday (let alone know when
it is)

Nor had I, but if you are running the country, you, or at least your
civil servants, ought to know about the impact of a decision on all the
major religions practised in it.

0.4% of the population are Jewish.

Even as someone with a Jewish heritage I consider your point nonsense.

I'm far more concerned about Corbyn and his supporters anti-Semitic
policies.

Its kinda amazing to see you wave away as nonsense the cultural and
religious sensibilities of several hundred thousand British citizens,
Brian.

--
M0TEY // STC
www.twitter.com/ukradioamateur

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y,uk.legal

On 04/09/2019 17:44, Brian Reay wrote:
On 04/09/2019 17:34, nightjar wrote:
On 04/09/2019 12:58, tim... wrote:

"nightjar" wrote in message
news

I got the impression that the main objection was that he hadn't
taken the Jewish population into account when setting the date,

how many non-Jews have even heard of this holiday (let alone know
when it is)

Nor had I, but if you are running the country, you, or at least your
civil servants, ought to know about the impact of a decision on all
the major religions practised in it.

0.4% of the population are Jewish.

We have the world's fifth largest Jewish community.

Even as someone with a Jewish heritage I consider your point nonsense.

Are you suggesting that the government should ignore minority groups?

I'm far more concerned about Corbyn and his supporters anti-Semitic
policies.

I would agree, but that doesn't excuse Boris getting it wrong.

--
Colin Bignell
Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y,uk.legal

On 04/09/2019 19:47, nightjar wrote:
On 04/09/2019 17:44, Brian Reay wrote:
On 04/09/2019 17:34, nightjar wrote:
On 04/09/2019 12:58, tim... wrote:

"nightjar" wrote in message
news ...
I got the impression that the main objection was that he hadn't
taken the Jewish population into account when setting the date,

how many non-Jews have even heard of this holiday (let alone know
when it is)

Nor had I, but if you are running the country, you, or at least your
civil servants, ought to know about the impact of a decision on all
the major religions practised in it.

0.4% of the population are Jewish.

We have the world's fifth largest Jewish community.

Even as someone with a Jewish heritage I consider your point nonsense.

Are you suggesting that the government should ignore minority groups?

Trying to invent some bogus insult were there clearly was none is just
nonsense.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, September 4, 2019 at 7:47:15 PM UTC+1, nightjar wrote:
On 04/09/2019 17:44, Brian Reay wrote:
Even as someone with a Jewish heritage I consider your point nonsense.

Are you suggesting that the government should ignore minority groups?

As somone who IS Jewish and celebrates Sukkot, I don't expect someone making a decision in a rush to consider 0.4% of the population. I do expect that when their error is pointed out to them they correct it, and not say "it's done and dusted, can't be changed". And that's exactly what has happened - it's been moved to the 15th. That still only gives observant Jews a couple of hours to get their votes in which is still going to be a pain in the neck in some cases but it makes it possible for most of them to note without relying on a postal vote (and expecting some constituencies suddenly to cope with 1000s of extra postal votes at short notice).

I don't see a problem with the way things panned out.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message ,
writes
On Wednesday, September 4, 2019 at 1:58:59 PM UTC+1, Ian Jackson wrote:

After a bit of Googling, it appears that it's only the first day of
Sukkot when work is forbidden (it's treated like the normal Jewish
Sabbath) - and this isn't the day proposed for the election. The whole
thing's not even a light breeze in a thimble.
https://tinyurl.com/y4g5ap72

Not quite. If you read the link, it's the first two days when work is
forbidden, and that's sundown on the 13th to nightfall on the 15th.
Moving the dates leaves about three hours of voting time on the 15th.

But in Israel, it's only the first day (the 13th) when work is forbidden
- so it seems that the rules are 'flexible'.
--
Ian
Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y,uk.legal,uk.politics.misc

"Stephen Cole" wrote in message
Brian Kampf wrote:
On 04/09/2019 17:34, nightjar wrote:
On 04/09/2019 12:58, tim... wrote:

"nightjar" wrote in message
news ...
I got the impression that the main objection was that he hadn't taken
the Jewish population into account when setting the date,

how many non-Jews have even heard of this holiday (let alone know when
it is)

Nor had I, but if you are running the country, you, or at least your
civil servants, ought to know about the impact of a decision on all the
major religions practised in it.

0.4% of the population are Jewish.

Even as someone with a Jewish heritage I consider your point nonsense.

I'm far more concerned about Corbyn and his supporters anti-Semitic
policies.

It's kinda amazing to see you wave away as "nonsense" the cultural and
religious sensibilities of several hundred thousand British citizens,
Brian.

jews do that....

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

"Brian Reay" wrote in message
On 04/09/2019 19:47, nightjar wrote:
On 04/09/2019 17:44, Brian Reay wrote:
On 04/09/2019 17:34, nightjar wrote:
On 04/09/2019 12:58, tim... wrote:

"nightjar" wrote in message
news ...
I got the impression that the main objection was that he hadn't taken
the Jewish population into account when setting the date,

how many non-Jews have even heard of this holiday (let alone know when
it is)

Nor had I, but if you are running the country, you, or at least your
civil servants, ought to know about the impact of a decision on all the
major religions practised in it.

0.4% of the population are Jewish.

We have the world's fifth largest Jewish community.

Even as someone with a Jewish heritage I consider your point nonsense.

Are you suggesting that the government should ignore minority groups?

Trying to invent some bogus insult were there clearly was none is just
nonsense.

but you are so good at that....

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal

In message , nightjar
writes
On 04/09/2019 12:58, tim... wrote:

"nightjar" wrote in message
newssSdnaCqKqPYH_LAnZ2dnUU78ePNnZ2d@giganews .com...
I got the impression that the main objection was that he hadn't
taken the Jewish population into account when setting the date,

how many non-Jews have even heard of this holiday (let alone know
when it is)

Nor had I, but if you are running the country, you, or at least your
civil servants, ought to know about the impact of a decision on all
the major religions practised in it.

0.4% of the population are Jewish.

We have the world's fifth largest Jewish community.

Even as someone with a Jewish heritage I consider your point nonsense.

Are you suggesting that the government should ignore minority groups?

I'm far more concerned about Corbyn and his supporters anti-Semitic
policies.

I would agree, but that doesn't excuse Boris getting it wrong.

Aw - come on! If you took the peculiarities of all the religious sects
in the UK, you might be left with only Feb 29th.
--
Ian

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.politics.misc,uk.d-i-y,uk.legal

"tim..." wrote in message

news
"nightjar" wrote in message
[...]

Or that there is one day when they arent allowed to write;

I certainly hadn't.

Me neither.

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.politics.misc,uk.d-i-y,uk.legal

"nightjar" wrote in message
On 04/09/2019 12:58, tim... wrote:

"nightjar" wrote in message
news

I got the impression that the main objection was that he hadn't taken
the Jewish population into account when setting the date,

how many non-Jews have even heard of this holiday (let alone know when it
is)

Nor had I, but if you are running the country, you, or at least your civil
servants, ought to know about the impact of a decision on all the major
religions practised in it.

But given that he has only been PM for a short time, its not surprising
that there are a few glitches like that with his advisors or that they
havent
worked out which civil servant is the one to ask about election dates.

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.politics.misc,uk.d-i-y,uk.legal

On Thu, 5 Sep 2019 05:32:59 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

how many non-Jews have even heard of this holiday (let alone know when it
is)

Or that there is one day when they arent allowed to write;

I certainly hadn't.

Me neither.

Thanks for that important info, you self-important senile asshole! tsk

little ignorant ****."
MID:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

After a bit of Googling, it appears that it's only the first day
of Sukkot when work is forbidden (it's treated like the normal
Jewish Sabbath) - and this isn't the day proposed for the election.
The whole thing's not even a light breeze in a thimble.
https://tinyurl.com/y4g5ap72

Not quite. If you read the link, it's the first two days when work is
forbidden, and that's sundown on the 13th to nightfall on the 15th.
Moving the dates leaves about three hours of voting time on the
15th.

Is voting 'work'?

It is when flicking a light switch is work.

I wish I got paid for it.

That can be arranged.

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.politics.misc,uk.d-i-y,uk.legal

On Thu, 5 Sep 2019 06:21:59 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

But given that he has only been PM for a short time, its

It's ALL none of yours AT ALL! Get that into your senile Ozzie head, senile
Ozzietard!

--
Bill Wright to Rot Speed:
"That confirms my opinion that you are a despicable little ****."
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 5 Sep 2019 06:39:55 +1000, jeikppkywk, better known as cantankerous

Is voting 'work'?

It is when flicking a light switch is work.

I wish I got paid for it.

That can be arranged.

PLEASE, spare everyone your senile attempts at "wit", you retarded piece of
Ozzie ****! tsk

--
Bod addressing senile Rot:
"Rod, you have a sick twisted mind. I suggest you stop your mindless

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y,uk.legal

On 04/09/2019 20:07, Brian Reay wrote:
Trying to invent some bogus insult were there clearly was none is just
nonsense.

An insult implies intent. The problem with Boris is that he seems to do
these things unconsciously, like his comments about Muslim women wearing
the burka looking like letterboxes. It shows either a lack of awareness
of his responsibilities as PM to set an example to others or that he
thinks that casual racism is the right sort of example to set.

--
Colin Bignell
Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y,uk.legal,uk.politics.misc

nightjar wrote:
On 04/09/2019 20:07, Brian Reay wrote:
Trying to invent some bogus insult were there clearly was none is just
nonsense.

An insult implies intent. The problem with Boris is that he seems to do
these things unconsciously, like his comments about Muslim women wearing
the burka looking like letterboxes. It shows either a lack of awareness
of his responsibilities as PM to set an example to others or that he
thinks that casual racism is the right sort of example to set.

With Brian recently describing Jewish culture as nonsense, its no
surprise to see him quite comfortable with Boris casual racism.

--
M0TEY // STC
www.twitter.com/ukradioamateur
Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.politics.misc,uk.d-i-y,uk.legal

On 04/09/2019 17:34, nightjar wrote:
On 04/09/2019 12:58, tim... wrote:

"nightjar" wrote in message
news

I got the impression that the main objection was that he hadn't
taken the Jewish population into account when setting the date,

how many non-Jews have even heard of this holiday (let alone know
when it is)

Nor had I, but if you are running the country, you, or at least your
civil servants, ought to know about the impact of a decision on all
the major religions practised in it.

Is Juadaism a major religion these days in Britain?

Religion in Great Britain (2011 census)
* Christianity (59.5%)
* No religion (25.7%)
* Islam (4.4%)
* Hinduism (1.3%)
* Sikhism (0.7%)
* Judaism (0.4%)
* Buddhism (0.4%)
* Other religions (0.4%)
* Not stated (7.2%)

That makes it the fifth most followed religion in the UK, which is
probably a good reason to put it among the major religions.

However, unlike the number of Christians, it is most likely an accurate
estimate of those actively following Judaism. On the basis of active
followers, according to a recent survey, there are about 15 active
followers of Christianity to every follower of Judaism. That would make
it even more of a major religion in the UK.

With only about 6% of the UK population actively Christian, you could
ask, if we ignore Jewish festivals because of the numbers, why do we
observe Christmas and Easter as a nation?

--
Colin Bignell

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y,uk.legal,uk.politics.misc

nightjar wrote:
On 04/09/2019 20:07, Brian Reay wrote:
Trying to invent some bogus insult were there clearly was none is just
nonsense.

An insult implies intent. The problem with Boris is that he seems to do
these things unconsciously, like his comments about Muslim women wearing
the burka looking like letterboxes. It shows either a lack of awareness
of his responsibilities as PM to set an example to others or that he
thinks that casual racism is the right sort of example to set.

With Brian recently describing Jewish culture as "nonsense", it's no
surprise to see him quite comfortable with Boris' casual racism.

totly +1

Shocking anti-semitism from Brian, as per, but what else would we expect
from a dedicated Faragist?

--
M0TEY // STC
www.twitter.com/ukradioamateur

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.politics.misc,uk.d-i-y,uk.legal

On 2019-09-04, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 04/09/2019 17:34, nightjar wrote:
On 04/09/2019 12:58, tim... wrote:

"nightjar" wrote in message
news

I got the impression that the main objection was that he hadn't taken
the Jewish population into account when setting the date,

how many non-Jews have even heard of this holiday (let alone know when
it is)

Nor had I, but if you are running the country, you, or at least your
civil servants, ought to know about the impact of a decision on all the
major religions practised in it.

Is Juadaism a major religion these days in Britain?

One could make the mistake of thinking it is given its disproportionate level
of representation in politics, media and finance.
Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y,uk.legal,uk.politics.misc

nightjar wrote:
On 04/09/2019 20:07, Brian Reay wrote:
Trying to invent some bogus insult were there clearly was none is just
nonsense.

An insult implies intent. The problem with Boris is that he seems to do
these things unconsciously, like his comments about Muslim women
wearing
the burka looking like letterboxes. It shows either a lack of awareness
of his responsibilities as PM to set an example to others or that he
thinks that casual racism is the right sort of example to set.

With Brian recently describing Jewish culture as "nonsense", it's no
surprise to see him quite comfortable with Boris' casual racism.

totly +1

Shocking anti-semitism from Brian, as per, but what else would we expect
from a dedicated Faragist?

brian can't be all bad then.....

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y,uk.legal

On 05/09/2019 09:26, nightjar wrote:
On 04/09/2019 20:07, Brian Reay wrote:
Trying to invent some bogus insult were there clearly was none is just
nonsense.

An insult implies intent. The problem with Boris is that he seems to do
these things unconsciously, like his comments about Muslim women wearing
the burka looking like letterboxes. It shows either a lack of awareness
of his responsibilities as PM to set an example to others or that he
thinks that casual racism is the right sort of example to set.

But They DO look like letterboxes.

Is the truth now to be witheld because someone claims to find it insulting?

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.politics.misc,uk.d-i-y,uk.legal

On 05/09/2019 09:35, nightjar wrote:
On 04/09/2019 17:34, nightjar wrote:
On 04/09/2019 12:58, tim... wrote:

"nightjar" wrote in message
news ...
[...]

Because it sells product.

Dont be silly

Posted to uk.radio.amateur, uk.politics.misc, uk.d-i-y, uk.legal

On 5 Sep 2019, Incubus wrote
(in article ):

On 2019-09-04, The Natural wrote:
On 04/09/2019 17:34, nightjar wrote:
On 04/09/2019 12:58, tim... wrote:

"nightjar" wrote in message
news ...
I got the impression that the main objection was that he hadn't taken
the Jewish population into account when setting the date,

how many non-Jews have even heard of this holiday (let alone know when
it is)

Nor had I, but if you are running the country, you, or at least your
civil servants, ought to know about the impact of a decision on all the
major religions practised in it.

Is Juadaism a major religion these days in Britain?

One could make the mistake of thinking it is given its disproportionate level
of representation in politics, media and finance.

Well, even if it is not - they are obviously gearing up to rule over us; and
if anyone objects they will be arrested for Anti-Semitism and given a jail
sentence.

Welcome to the real 21st century Britain.

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.politics.misc,uk.d-i-y,uk.legal

On 05/09/2019 11:14, Keema's Nan wrote:
On 5 Sep 2019, Incubus wrote
(in article ):

On 2019-09-04, The Natural wrote:
On 04/09/2019 17:34, nightjar wrote:
On 04/09/2019 12:58, tim... wrote:

"nightjar" wrote in message
news ...
I got the impression that the main objection was that he hadn't taken
the Jewish population into account when setting the date,

how many non-Jews have even heard of this holiday (let alone know when
it is)

Nor had I, but if you are running the country, you, or at least your
civil servants, ought to know about the impact of a decision on all the
major religions practised in it.
Is Juadaism a major religion these days in Britain?

One could make the mistake of thinking it is given its disproportionate level
of representation in politics, media and finance.

Well, even if it is not - they are obviously gearing up to rule over us; and
if anyone objects they will be arrested for Anti-Semitism and given a jail
sentence.

Welcome to the real 21st century Britain.

Rather have jews ('give da peepul vot dey vant') than the EU any day.

private property.

Karl Marx

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y,uk.legal

In article , The Natural Philosopher
wrote:
On 05/09/2019 09:26, nightjar wrote:
On 04/09/2019 20:07, Brian Reay wrote: ...
Trying to invent some bogus insult were there clearly was none is just
nonsense.

An insult implies intent. The problem with Boris is that he seems to do
these things unconsciously, like his comments about Muslim women
wearing the burka looking like letterboxes. It shows either a lack of
awareness of his responsibilities as PM to set an example to others or
that he thinks that casual racism is the right sort of example to set.

But They DO look like letterboxes.

I've never seen a black letterbox.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y,uk.legal

"nightjar" wrote in message
On 04/09/2019 17:44, Brian Reay wrote:
On 04/09/2019 17:34, nightjar wrote:
On 04/09/2019 12:58, tim... wrote:

"nightjar" wrote in message
news ...
I got the impression that the main objection was that he hadn't taken
the Jewish population into account when setting the date,

how many non-Jews have even heard of this holiday (let alone know when
it is)

Nor had I, but if you are running the country, you, or at least your
civil servants, ought to know about the impact of a decision on all the
major religions practised in it.

0.4% of the population are Jewish.

We have the world's fifth largest Jewish community.

Even as someone with a Jewish heritage I consider your point nonsense.

Are you suggesting that the government should ignore minority groups?

it certainly needs to ignore minority groups "holidays"

If it didn't, the whole calendar would be blacked out

tim

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y,uk.legal,uk.politics.misc

Brian Kampf wrote:
On 04/09/2019 17:34, nightjar wrote:
On 04/09/2019 12:58, tim... wrote:

"nightjar" wrote in message
news ...
I got the impression that the main objection was that he hadn't taken
the Jewish population into account when setting the date,

how many non-Jews have even heard of this holiday (let alone know when
it is)

Nor had I, but if you are running the country, you, or at least your
civil servants, ought to know about the impact of a decision on all the
major religions practised in it.

0.4% of the population are Jewish.

Even as someone with a Jewish heritage I consider your point nonsense.

I'm far more concerned about Corbyn and his supporters anti-Semitic
policies.

It's kinda amazing to see you wave away as "nonsense" the cultural and
religious sensibilities of several hundred thousand British citizens,
Brian.

jews do that....

There are people stupid enough to leave the ovens on from the previous
day as switching it on is work. How putting the food in and shutting the
door isn't work I don't have a clue.

Basically all religious people have a problem, they believe what they
are told without thinking.

They are also told that their beliefs makes then superior to anyone
without those beliefs which is why you should never let any religion get
control, it will result in suffering.