Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal,uk.politics.misc

Default BoJo a million miles out of his depth

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Joe wrote:
On Wed, 11 Sep 2019 13:30:13 +0100
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:

In article ,
tim... wrote:
Well some of the exhaust sensors can fail and the engine will run,
just at high emissions for example.

some sensors can fail and the engine will still run normally

Which ones would those be?

Not the crankshaft position sensor.

On some makes, the cam position sensor can take over when the CPS fails,
and allow the engine to run in limp home mode.

Clever. In fact, so crucial is it that they ought to simply put another
sensor on the other end of the crankshaft :-)

But the emissions sensors generally provide feedback. If one fails, the
engine light will come on and the engine management system will use the
last available settings from when the sensor was working. In the long
term, the engine will drift out of emissions spec. but it will go on
running reasonably well for a while.

True. Depends on what you mean by run normally.

Early engine management systems used a default set of values after
sensor failure, which would generally get you home but was quite poor.
It's a bit more sophisticated today.

But to drift back to the topic, my current car has tyre pressure
sensors, which are literally more trouble than they are worth, as they
are worthless. They are not particularly accurate, and apparently put
more wear and tear on valve bodies than formerly. I've had to replace
two valves, at a cost of about thirty pounds, which have torn around the
seating. Again, light on, MOT fail, regardless of the actual tyre
pressures, which of course are a potential failure point in their own
right.

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y,uk.legal
GB GB is offline

On 05/09/2019 11:38, tim... wrote:

it certainly needs to ignore minority groups "holidays"

It's possible to get a postal ballot, so it's not an insuperable
difficulty, but it seems a hell of a palaver to have to go to. A big,
big job for some local authorities, having to administer that with next
to no notice, and no job at all for others.

If it didn't, the whole calendar would be blacked out

A certain amount of exaggeration, surely?

tim

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y,uk.legal

On 11/09/2019 08:54, michael adams wrote:
in a row steak tartare binge which ultimately killed him.

Presumably that shoud be steaks in row rather than row steaks?

Having previously eaten a poisoned oyster in Barbados four years
previously.

Shame it didnt kill you.

look how nice extreme brexiteers are!

I suppose he didn't see all the horrible people at UKIP meetings as they
were all like him?

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y,uk.legal

On 11/09/2019 12:13, michael adams wrote:
On 11/09/2019 08:53, michael adams wrote:
"Tim Streater" wrote in message
.. .
In article , The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

On 09/09/2019 17:26, michael adams wrote:

At least you do get the odd latin phrase thrown in, when you
splash out 25K I suppose. Have you been billed for any
refreshers yet?

Anyone know what the twerp is talking about?

Man spends £30,000 fighting £100 speeding fine

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...ester-49641063

Please note: fine £100Â* Barristers Fees £21,000 Court Fees £8,000

So that basically this chap ended up paying this barrister £21,000
for the privilege of being told it would be well worth his while
paying him,Â* the barrister £21,000 and £8000 in Court fees simply
in order to avoid a £100 speeding fine.

And not only that but much of this took place in a Magistrates Court.
Where they're more used to people representing themselves and so
may well have made allowances, and where your £21,000 barrister won't
even be allowed to wear his or her wig or gown.

Ultra vires is an extremely important legal principle, like
habeas corpus.
It is the one case in which the law can say 'act as though
legally that has never happened'

Indeed. Wikipedia is a really great idea isn't it ?

It allows clueless people to convince even more clueless
people that they actually know what they're talking about.

More especially if, as I say, latin phrases are involved,

Since I fought a case on whiuch that issue was pertinent Michael,it
is more than just a
latin phrase.

So what case would that be ?

None of your ****ing business

lost it then,

all court cases are public domain IIRC.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal,uk.politics.misc

On 11/09/2019 14:34, Joe wrote:
8

But to drift back to the topic, my current car has tyre pressure
sensors, which are literally more trouble than they are worth, as they
are worthless. They are not particularly accurate, and apparently put
more wear and tear on valve bodies than formerly. I've had to replace
two valves, at a cost of about thirty pounds, which have torn around the
seating. Again, light on, MOT fail, regardless of the actual tyre
pressures, which of course are a potential failure point in their own
right.

What car is that, my wife's astra tp system is within 1 psi of my other
two gauges and has been working for eight years and two sets of tyres
and a couple of punctures.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal,uk.politics.misc

In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 11/09/2019 09:11, tim... wrote:
The excuse "I don't use the rear seats so the seat belt warning light
wrong being on when no-one is sitting in the rear seats isn't a
problem for me", doesn't wash.

hey failed my freelander for 'inoperable rear seat belt'

They had I suspect DELIBERATELY pulled the belt out, twisted it 180
degrees and fed it back into the slot.

Your paranoia is in overdrive today.

it was an eu plot.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal,uk.politics.misc

In article ,
Dan S. MacAbre wrote:
On some makes, the cam position sensor can take over when the CPS
fails, and allow the engine to run in limp home mode.

Clever. In fact, so crucial is it that they ought to simply put another
sensor on the other end of the crankshaft :-)

Never quite understood the change from VR sensors to hall effect. VR,
being simply a coil, are far more heat resistant than hall. Electronics
that can get up to engine heat never a good idea IMHO.

But you wouldn't need to put it on the other end of the crank. Simply on a
different part of the toothed wheel and compensate in the ECU.

--
*Never put off until tomorrow what you can avoid altogether *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal,uk.politics.misc

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Dan S. MacAbre wrote:
On some makes, the cam position sensor can take over when the CPS
fails, and allow the engine to run in limp home mode.

Clever. In fact, so crucial is it that they ought to simply put another
sensor on the other end of the crankshaft :-)

Never quite understood the change from VR sensors to hall effect. VR,
being simply a coil, are far more heat resistant than hall. Electronics
that can get up to engine heat never a good idea IMHO.

My sister had one go on her dreadful Meriva while we were all out
somewhere. Then it would run for a few miles and then we'd have to let
it cool down all over again. I'm guessing it was a potted thing that
started to crack with heat and age.

A far cry from my old Tiger Cub where you would just turn the
distributor until it sounded happy, then nip it up. :-)

But you wouldn't need to put it on the other end of the crank. Simply on a
different part of the toothed wheel and compensate in the ECU.

Silly me :-)
Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal,uk.politics.misc

In article ,
Dan S. MacAbre wrote:
On some makes, the cam position sensor can take over when the CPS
fails, and allow the engine to run in limp home mode.

Clever. In fact, so crucial is it that they ought to simply put another
sensor on the other end of the crankshaft :-)

Never quite understood the change from VR sensors to hall effect. VR,
being simply a coil, are far more heat resistant than hall. Electronics
that can get up to engine heat never a good idea IMHO.

precision and accuracy without needing adjustment.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal,uk.politics.misc

In article ,
Dan S. MacAbre wrote:
My sister had one go on her dreadful Meriva while we were all out
somewhere. Then it would run for a few miles and then we'd have to let
it cool down all over again. I'm guessing it was a potted thing that
started to crack with heat and age.

A far cry from my old Tiger Cub where you would just turn the
distributor until it sounded happy, then nip it up. :-)

And, of course, reset or replace the points regularly. ;-)

--
*Red meat is not bad for you. Fuzzy green meat is bad for you.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal,uk.politics.misc

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Dan S. MacAbre wrote:
My sister had one go on her dreadful Meriva while we were all out
somewhere. Then it would run for a few miles and then we'd have to let
it cool down all over again. I'm guessing it was a potted thing that
started to crack with heat and age.

A far cry from my old Tiger Cub where you would just turn the
distributor until it sounded happy, then nip it up. :-)

And, of course, reset or replace the points regularly. ;-)

Especially if the condenser was knackered - as they always were. Seemed
too expensive in those days.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal,uk.politics.misc

In article ,
dennis@home wrote:
A VR sensor provides adequate precision. The electronics in the ECU
trigger at the zero crossing point. Only thing in a hall effect's favour
is it gives a constant amplitude signal regardless of speed.

So VR is less accurate as it has to detect zero crossing in a noisy
environment.

Not less accurate if the electronics are properly designed.

A hall effect can output a big voltage signal as soon as it detects a
particular magnetic signal in a far less noisy environment.

True. A VR sensor really needs screened cable since the output when
cranking may only be a volt or so.

However, a hall sensor is a complex electronic device, and by nature with
a CPS situated where it is going to get hot. And heat kills most
electronics in time.

--
*I feel like I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal,uk.politics.misc

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
dennis@home wrote:
A VR sensor provides adequate precision. The electronics in the ECU
trigger at the zero crossing point. Only thing in a hall effect's
favour
is it gives a constant amplitude signal regardless of speed.

So VR is less accurate as it has to detect zero crossing in a noisy
environment.

Not less accurate if the electronics are properly designed.

A hall effect can output a big voltage signal as soon as it detects a
particular magnetic signal in a far less noisy environment.

True. A VR sensor really needs screened cable since the output when
cranking may only be a volt or so.

However, a hall sensor is a complex electronic device, and by nature with
a CPS situated where it is going to get hot. And heat kills most
electronics in time.

Clearly doesn’t kill most car computers.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal,uk.politics.misc

Default UNBELIEVABLE: It's 00:34 am in Australia and the Senile Ozzietard is out of Bed and TROLLING already!!!! LOL

On Sun, 15 Sep 2019 00:34:18 +1000, jeikppkywk, better known as cantankerous

FLUSH senile asshole's troll****

00:34 am in Australia??? And you are OUT of bed and trolling, ALREADY???
LMAO

That must be a new record, even for a miserable trolling asshole like you!
LOL

cretin from Oz: