DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Ronseal Big Hole Smooth Finish Filler (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/639445-ronseal-big-hole-smooth-finish-filler.html)

[email protected] September 1st 19 10:50 PM

Ronseal Big Hole Smooth Finish Filler

https://www.ronseal.com/for-home/woo...finish-filler/

Has anyone tried this stuff? It smells horrendous. It's aptly named.

Polyfilla does the same but doesn't of much at all.

Andy Burns[_13_] September 2nd 19 06:36 AM

Ronseal Big Hole Smooth Finish Filler

wrote:

https://www.ronseal.com/for-home/wood-wall-fillers/wall-filler/big-hole-smooth-finish-filler

Has anyone tried this stuff?

Is it one of those "unnaturally light" fillers, where you think the full
tub must be empty?

Brian Gaff September 2nd 19 07:37 AM

Ronseal Big Hole Smooth Finish Filler

So describe the smell, is it one of those that you can almost taste on the
end of your tongue? I get that from that superglue stuff, but maybe its a
filler with that kind of adhesive in it?
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!

[email protected] September 2nd 19 07:40 PM

On Monday, 2 September 2019 07:37:29 UTC+1, Brian Gaff wrote:
So describe the smell, is it one of those that you can almost taste on the
end of your tongue? I get that from that superglue stuff, but maybe its a
filler with that kind of adhesive in it?
Brian

If only it was. It actually smells like a cow pat.

[email protected] September 2nd 19 07:41 PM

Ronseal Big Hole Smooth Finish Filler

Is it one of those "unnaturally light" fillers, where you think the full
tub must be empty?

No, but I wish I'd bought one of those!

Commander Kinsey September 2nd 19 07:43 PM

On Mon, 02 Sep 2019 19:40:15 +0100, wrote:

On Monday, 2 September 2019 07:37:29 UTC+1, Brian Gaff wrote:
So describe the smell, is it one of those that you can almost taste on the
end of your tongue? I get that from that superglue stuff, but maybe its a
filler with that kind of adhesive in it?
Brian

If only it was. It actually smells like a cow pat.

Probably EU required natural additives to avoid petroleum based stuff. Bring back the days when paint dried in less than a week.

ARW September 2nd 19 08:01 PM

On 02/09/2019 19:40, wrote:
On Monday, 2 September 2019 07:37:29 UTC+1, Brian Gaff wrote:
So describe the smell, is it one of those that you can almost taste on the
end of your tongue? I get that from that superglue stuff, but maybe its a
filler with that kind of adhesive in it?
Brian

If only it was. It actually smells like a cow pat.

So that hole - and not the fishy one?

--
Adam

alan_m September 3rd 19 09:01 AM

On 02/09/2019 19:40, wrote:
On Monday, 2 September 2019 07:37:29 UTC+1, Brian Gaff wrote:
So describe the smell, is it one of those that you can almost taste on the
end of your tongue? I get that from that superglue stuff, but maybe its a
filler with that kind of adhesive in it?
Brian

If only it was. It actually smells like a cow pat.

So have you purchased a tub of daub?

You could have saved yourself money with the DIY approach
https://youtu.be/VIJlFBAAjvE?t=143