DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   9 way wagos for earths and neutrals in 6 way light switches? (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/639399-9-way-wagos-earths-neutrals-6-way-light-switches.html)

George Miles August 31st 19 03:43 PM

9 way wagos for earths and neutrals in 6 way light switches?

I've got some 6 way double light switches...
But how to connect the earths and neutrals
in the back box?

Are there available any 9 way wagos ?

Are there available any deep back boxes?

Or how?

George

Andy Burns[_13_] August 31st 19 04:11 PM

George Miles wrote:

I've got some 6 way double light switches...
But how to connect the earths and neutrals
in the back box?

Are there available any 9 way wagos ?

only 8-way AFAIK, so link e.g two 6-way wagos to make a 10-way, I tend
to use the push rather than lever ones for earths, purely because you
tend to need more ways.

Are there available any deep back boxes?

47mm?

[email protected] August 31st 19 07:30 PM

On Saturday, 31 August 2019 15:43:52 UTC+1, George Miles wrote:
I've got some 6 way double light switches...
But how to connect the earths and neutrals
in the back box?

The earths go in the back box terminal.

The neutrals all go in one piece of 30A choc block.

Owain

[email protected] August 31st 19 11:13 PM

9 way wagos for earths and neutrals in 6 way light switches?

Getting 6+ earth wires into a back box's earth terminal might be rather difficult.

A 30A choc block connector might be a better idea with a link wire between t and the back box's earth terminal.

Agree with having a deeper back box as it can be a difficult squeeze getting everything in and the faceplate on....