DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   ESET annoyance (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/638755-eset-annoyance.html)

Broadback[_3_] August 13th 19 02:44 PM

ESET annoyance

I have been using ESET for quite some time, up to now I have found it
completely satisfactory. As it is running out I renewed it. Whereas in
the past that was that this time it requires me to input data to keep it
going. Why? Surely it should be a simple means of renewing and paying
the money, I object to having to jumps through hoops of ESET's making,
it has renewed in the past with no problems. So a question is there a
good alternative at about the same price? £40.00

Brian Gaff August 13th 19 05:51 PM

ESET annoyance

Bloody Anti virus companies have a good little racket going in my view.
Unless you engage in really bad usage of the Internet the free ones seem
quite adequate.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!

Max Demian August 13th 19 06:12 PM

ESET annoyance

On 13/08/2019 14:44, Broadback wrote:
I have been using ESET for quite some time, up to now I have found it
completely satisfactory. As it is running out I renewed it. Whereas in
the past that was that this time it requires me to input data to keep it
going.

What data?

--
Max Demian

Fredxx[_3_] August 13th 19 09:24 PM

ESET annoyance

On 13/08/2019 14:44, Broadback wrote:
I have been using ESET for quite some time, up to now I have found it
completely satisfactory. As it is running out I renewed it. Whereas in
the past that was that this time it requires me to input data to keep it
going. Why? Surely it should be a simple means of renewing and paying
the money, I object to having to jumps through hoops of ESET's making,
it has renewed in the past with no problems. So a question is there a
good alternative at about the same price? £40.00

Why not use free MS Defender? I occasionally use Malwarebytes, again free.