DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   DIY fly trap glue (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/638707-diy-fly-trap-glue.html)

[email protected] August 12th 19 08:20 AM

DIY fly trap glue

Hello all.

I'd like to make a horsefly trap with a black bucket covered in non-setting glue. YouTube has many examples and they seem to catch the things. Horsefly trap glue is available to buy, but not especially cheap. Price is one reason why I'd like to make my own, but general curiosity is the main reason.

Requirements:
-Non setting and adequate viscosity to stick bugs on contact
-Weatherproof (remains in situ and retains physical properties after exposure to showers
-not attractive to other insects by smell (I imagine that this rules out sweet/sugary solutions)

Suggestions welcome.

Thanks. Bill.

Chris Holford[_4_] August 12th 19 10:41 PM

DIY fly trap glue

In article ,
writes
Hello all.

I'd like to make a horsefly trap with a black bucket covered in non-setting
glue. YouTube has many examples and they seem to catch the things. Horsefly trap
glue is available to buy, but not especially cheap. Price is one reason why I'd
like to make my own, but general curiosity is the main reason.

Requirements:
-Non setting and adequate viscosity to stick bugs on contact
-Weatherproof (remains in situ and retains physical properties after exposure to
showers
-not attractive to other insects by smell (I imagine that this rules out
sweet/sugary solutions)

Suggestions welcome.

Thanks. Bill.

Fruit tree grease? (Used to paint a sticky ring round fruit tree trunks
to stop codling moths climbing up - weatherproof and stays sticky for
months)
--
Chris Holford

Brian Gaff August 13th 19 08:21 AM

DIY fly trap glue

Often called Grease bands,. Not sure about other insects though. Its very
gooey stuff.
Brian

--
----- --