DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Shed conversion - dry lining and ceiling (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/6386-shed-conversion-dry-lining-ceiling.html)

Stephen Gilkes February 23rd 04 04:36 PM

Shed conversion - dry lining and ceiling

I've posted a lot of questions in this newsgroup so I hope I'm not boring
anyone...

Some dry-lining and ceiling questions:

I have fixed vertical battens every 600mm across the face of all the walls
in the shed. I plan to use 12.5mm plasterboard so do I have to fix
horizontal battens (apart from top and bottom)?

Should I fix the ceiling before dry-lining the walls?...

I was planning to nail 12.5mm plasterboard to the ceiling joists. The joists
are 500mm apart. Do I need to put in "cross-pieces" between the joists? I
was palnning to lay lengths of 35mm Celotex between the joists for
insulation. Is this OK?

Thoughts and suggestions please.

Thanks

Christian McArdle February 23rd 04 04:52 PM

Shed conversion - dry lining and ceiling

I was planning to nail 12.5mm plasterboard to the ceiling joists. The
joists
are 500mm apart. Do I need to put in "cross-pieces" between the joists?

For a shed, I wouldn't bother. Sounds like work. Of course, the ceiling is
more likely to crack without them, but do you care?

I was palnning to lay lengths of 35mm Celotex between the joists for
insulation. Is this OK?

That's a very good idea. Even better if you can lay them on top as well, to
eliminate cold bridging.

Christian.