Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Caple Washington kitchen mixer

Cold tap has started to drip. Taking the cover off, I can see the brass mechanism and that it can move a bit. That seems to be the issue.

Got in touch with Caple - they don't have any spare valves. It is, apparently, obsolete.

Searched around and see mention of 1212R-C as the thing I need - but with all sorts of descriptions. Franke Zurich being most common. Eventually find this:

Valve Cd 1/2 Cold SUPERSEDED BY 3683R - VLV 1212R C - DISCONTINUED

And then:

Bristan Beeline Valves 3683R

Never having replaced a valve, I am uncertain as to what will fit what.

Does all this mean that I can get any 1212R-C or 3683R valve and fit it? Or will something be horribly wrong like the splining?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

polygonum_on_google Wrote in message:
Cold tap has started to drip. Taking the cover off, I can see the brass mechanism and that it can move a bit. That seems to be the issue.

Got in touch with Caple - they don't have any spare valves. It is, apparently, obsolete.

Searched around and see mention of 1212R-C as the thing I need - but with all sorts of descriptions. Franke Zurich being most common. Eventually find this:

Valve Cd 1/2 Cold SUPERSEDED BY 3683R - VLV 1212R C - DISCONTINUED

And then:

Bristan Beeline Valves 3683R

Never having replaced a valve, I am uncertain as to what will fit what.

Does all this mean that I can get any 1212R-C or 3683R valve and fit it? Or will something be horribly wrong like the splining?

Get it out.
Measure it (calipers).
Photo it.
Put it back.
Look online for replacement.

--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

How old is the tap? I had the same issue with Caple on a three year old tap. Caple have a 5 year warranty which they honoured by changing the tap for a newer model.

John
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 17 July 2019 20:23:00 UTC+1, JohnW wrote:
How old is the tap? I had the same issue with Caple on a three year old tap. Caple have a 5 year warranty which they honoured by changing the tap for a newer model.

Snap! Three years to the day. But a) we don't have a receipt (might be able to chase down evidence if we really have to); b) we don't really want to change the mixer - even if under warranty. Got the same model in the utility room.

Caple Washing machine, "rubbery" smell. MarkG[_3_] UK diy 11 May 19th 12 09:41 PM
Caple DF625 Dishwasher Tim W UK diy 1 January 12th 11 05:13 PM
Caple C231W oven -- need a new fan Ian[_6_] UK diy 2 March 22nd 08 08:35 PM
Can a single mixer kitchen tap be used on a double kitchen sink??? [email protected] UK diy 2 October 23rd 05 10:26 PM
Mira 415 shower mixer unit or any Mira shower mixer unit Mr Blue Skye UK diy 7 January 19th 04 08:36 PM