Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Too much sport on BBC TV?

I think so, but there I am not a sport enthusiast. Having ignored reams
of sport reporting on breakfast TV I settled down to watch a report
about knife crimes interviewing the Mayor of London, then to towards the
end they started to talk about sport with him! Perhaps there should be a
sport channel, after all they have done it for the children's programmes.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Well, if you mean yesterday it was an unusual day with Tennis, Cricket,
Grand Prix and netball all on the one day. Quite how come it all fell on the
same day seems a tad lacking in planning between the sports, but then nobody
ever said those in charge of sport were known for their communication
prowess did they?

I agree about sport, it seems to me that even with some big sporting
franchises now being owned by pay channels there is still far too much that
has to be put out on regular channels. If they did get rid of a few of the
crap channels or make them part time when there is no sport then it could
be made into a sport free zone on the main channels.

Mind you they would still find some kind of sport, I'm sure even if its
Dwarf Throwing or Bog Snorkelling!

Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Broadback" wrote in message
I think so, but there I am not a sport enthusiast. Having ignored reams of
sport reporting on breakfast TV I settled down to watch a report about
knife crimes interviewing the Mayor of London, then to towards the end they
started to talk about sport with him! Perhaps there should be a sport
channel, after all they have done it for the children's programmes.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 15/07/2019 08:06, Broadback wrote:
I think so, but there I am not a sport enthusiast. Having ignored reams
of sport reporting on breakfast TV I settled down to watch a report
about knife crimes interviewing the Mayor of London, then to towards the
end they started to talk about sport with him! Perhaps there should be a
sport channel, after all they have done it for the children's programmes.

More to the point I didn't hear a mention of the fact that knife crime
is mostly done by gangs of black youths. Someone said to me in the pub
the other night, "Import the Third World and you get Third World
behaviour." That's how many people view it. Why not bring that aspect of
it out into the open? It won't go away by pretending it isn't happening.

Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Yes we have failed to integrate cultures. This is a major issue and why
places like New Malden in Surrey are known as little Korea. You only need to
look at what Brits do when they go overseas. Do they learn the language and
integrate? No they live in little British enclaves.
Sadly because it seems that some minorities seem to be less employable its
hardly surprising they turn to crime. its a self fulfilling prophesy.
If you come from a place where you are treated as ****, you behave
accordingly if you see no difference in the new country.

I have met a lot of people with various ethnic origins who have integrated
and do not behave like these people do. Quite how you solve it now is hard
to say.
Most of the people are second generation and were born here into the
culture of the enclave, not the British culture.
Brian

--
----- --

"Bill Wright" wrote in message
On 15/07/2019 08:06, Broadback wrote:
I think so, but there I am not a sport enthusiast. Having ignored reams
of sport reporting on breakfast TV I settled down to watch a report about
knife crimes interviewing the Mayor of London, then to towards the end
they started to talk about sport with him! Perhaps there should be a
sport channel, after all they have done it for the children's programmes.

More to the point I didn't hear a mention of the fact that knife crime is
mostly done by gangs of black youths. Someone said to me in the pub the
other night, "Import the Third World and you get Third World behaviour."
That's how many people view it. Why not bring that aspect of it out into
the open? It won't go away by pretending it isn't happening.

Bill

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 15/07/2019 08:22, Brian Gaff wrote:
Well, if you mean yesterday it was an unusual day with Tennis, Cricket,
Grand Prix and netball all on the one day. Quite how come it all fell on the
same day seems a tad lacking in planning between the sports, but then nobody
ever said those in charge of sport were known for their communication
prowess did they?

I agree about sport, it seems to me that even with some big sporting
franchises now being owned by pay channels there is still far too much that
has to be put out on regular channels. If they did get rid of a few of the
crap channels or make them part time when there is no sport then it could
be made into a sport free zone on the main channels.

Mind you they would still find some kind of sport, I'm sure even if its
Dwarf Throwing or Bog Snorkelling!

Brian

They could make them soap free too.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 15/07/2019 08:36, Bill Wright wrote:
On 15/07/2019 08:06, Broadback wrote:
I think so, but there I am not a sport enthusiast. Having ignored
reams of sport reporting on breakfast TV I settled down to watch a
report about knife crimes interviewing the Mayor of London, then to
towards the end they started to talk about sport with him! Perhaps
there should be a sport channel, after all they have done it for the
children's programmes.

More to the point I didn't hear a mention of the fact that knife crime
is mostly done by gangs of black youths. Someone said to me in the pub
the other night, "Import the Third World and you get Third World
behaviour." That's how many people view it. Why not bring that aspect of
it out into the open? It won't go away by pretending it isn't happening.

Bill

Its not just black youths doing it, the scooter gangs aren't all black
for instance.

Its more down to the likelihood of getting caught than anything else.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

I agree that it is about time the BBC had a dedicated Sports channel the amount of regular programming that gets shunted by the likes of Wimbledon is riiculous, during the last fortnight the number of times BBC 1 & BBC 2 were showing tennis - granted different matches - at the same time was overkill.. Mind you they will probably want higher licence fees to do so and us licence payers who are not into all this sport will still have to contribute to it.

Richard
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 15/07/2019 09:55, Tricky Dicky wrote:
I agree that it is about time the BBC had a dedicated Sports channel the amount of regular programming that gets shunted by the likes of Wimbledon is riiculous, during the last fortnight the number of times BBC 1 & BBC 2 were showing tennis - granted different matches - at the same time was overkill. Mind you they will probably want higher licence fees to do so and us licence payers who are not into all this sport will still have to contribute to it.

Richard

It's called Radio 5 Live, surely ?.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 15/07/2019 09:44, dennis@home wrote:
[...]

Nope. It's mostly (but not exclusively) down to the drugs trade.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 15/07/2019 10:12, Andrew wrote:
[...]

legalise everything - then they can just queue up outside Boots.

--
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit
atrocities.

Voltaire, Questions sur les Miracles * M. Claparede, Professeur de
Théologie * Genève, par un Proposant: Ou Extrait de Diverses Lettres de
M. de Voltaire

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Gaff wrote

Yes we have failed to integrate cultures. This is a major issue and why
places like New Malden in Surrey are known as little Korea. You only need
to look at what Brits do when they go overseas. Do they learn the language
and integrate? No they live in little British enclaves.

They dont do that here, or in the USA or Canada or New Zealand.

Sadly because it seems that some minorities seem to be less employable its
hardly surprising they turn to crime. its a self fulfilling prophesy.

Didnt happen with the Normans, Italians, Huguenots or jews etc in the UK.

If you come from a place where you are treated as ****, you behave
accordingly if you see no difference in the new country.

Didnt happen with the Scots post Culloden.

I have met a lot of people with various ethnic origins who have integrated
and do not behave like these people do. Quite how you solve it now is hard
to say.

Impossible, actually.

Most of the people are second generation and were born here into the
culture of the enclave, not the British culture.

That happened here with the Irish, but they did eventually manage
to do quite well, even managing to end up as the equivalent of the
governor of the bank of england with one of them.

"Bill Wright" wrote in message
On 15/07/2019 08:06, Broadback wrote:
I think so, but there I am not a sport enthusiast. Having ignored reams
of sport reporting on breakfast TV I settled down to watch a report
about knife crimes interviewing the Mayor of London, then to towards the
end they started to talk about sport with him! Perhaps there should be a
sport channel, after all they have done it for the children's
programmes.

More to the point I didn't hear a mention of the fact that knife crime is
mostly done by gangs of black youths. Someone said to me in the pub the
other night, "Import the Third World and you get Third World behaviour."
That's how many people view it. Why not bring that aspect of it out into
the open? It won't go away by pretending it isn't happening.

Bill

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 15 Jul 2019 19:37:47 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Yes we have failed to integrate cultures. This is a major issue and why
places like New Malden in Surrey are known as little Korea. You only need
to look at what Brits do when they go overseas. Do they learn the language
and integrate? No they live in little British enclaves.

They dont do that here, or in the USA or Canada or New Zealand.

Do you get some sort of senile climax every time you find an opportunity to
auto-contradict, you senile Australian arsehole?

--
Kerr-Mudd,John addressing senile Rot:
MID:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 15/07/2019 08:06, Broadback wrote:
I think so, but there I am not a sport enthusiast. Having ignored reams
of sport reporting on breakfast TV I settled down to watch a report
about knife crimes interviewing the Mayor of London, then to towards the
end they started to talk about sport with him! Perhaps there should be a
sport channel, after all they have done it for the children's programmes.

Back to Grandstand on Saturday PM as the only BBC sport program.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

[...]

I did say 'mostly'. It's about 90% I think, for both assailants and victims.

Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 15 Jul 2019 01:55:59 -0700 (PDT), Tricky Dicky
wrote:

Mind you they will probably want higher licence fees to do so and us licence payers who are not into all this sport will still have to contribute to it.

I would be happy to have a STB that allows the (then) encoded Sports
stuff that I don't want or want to have to pay for.

Cheers, T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
Well, if you mean yesterday it was an unusual day with Tennis, Cricket,
Grand Prix and netball all on the one day. Quite how come it all fell on
the same day seems a tad lacking in planning between the sports, but then
nobody ever said those in charge of sport were known for their
communication prowess did they?

The GB GP and Wimbledon Finals day almost always clash

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Don't you find though that things bunch together. Generally I thought it was
just busses that came in packs, but it seems that sports finals attract each
other around the same date. Also affected are medical appointments social
events and people who want to come and visit. There is some odd fundamental
law of the universe that makes such things happen, its a failure in the
random number generator controlling the universe.
Brian

--
----- --

"Tricky Dicky" wrote in message
I agree that it is about time the BBC had a dedicated Sports channel the
amount of regular programming that gets shunted by the likes of Wimbledon is
riiculous, during the last fortnight the number of times BBC 1 & BBC 2 were
showing tennis - granted different matches - at the same time was overkill.
Mind you they will probably want higher licence fees to do so and us licence
payers who are not into all this sport will still have to contribute to it.

Richard

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Yes but this is because like minded people tend to get together. I remember
mods and rockers etc.
Any differences are obviously picked on and hence there is safety in numbers
and 'your own kind' effects. I'm more intrigued at the moment about the anti
Jewish thing. We I think all look at Israel as a bit of a rogue these days
since they are so arrogant about everything but not all Jewish people agree
with theier stance.
I'm not Jewish but I know a few and really cannot see a problem at all, yes
they stick together too, but then that is the nature of the beast of people
with differences.
It will be Masons next, mark my words.
Brian

--
----- --
[...]

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 15/07/2019 17:07, Brian Gaff wrote:
It will be Masons next, mark my words.

AIUI, Jews and Roman Catholics cannot
become either masons or members of parliament,
because you have to be a complete prick to
want to belong to either group.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 15 July 2019 08:36:51 UTC+1, Bill Wright wrote:
On 15/07/2019 08:06, Broadback wrote:
I think so, but there I am not a sport enthusiast. Having ignored reams
of sport reporting on breakfast TV I settled down to watch a report
about knife crimes interviewing the Mayor of London, then to towards the
end they started to talk about sport with him! Perhaps there should be a
sport channel, after all they have done it for the children's programmes.

More to the point I didn't hear a mention of the fact that knife crime
is mostly done by gangs of black youths. Someone said to me in the pub
the other night, "Import the Third World and you get Third World
behaviour." That's how many people view it. Why not bring that aspect of
it out into the open? It won't go away by pretending it isn't happening.

And they don't want us bitching about it either.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 15/07/2019 08:06, Broadback wrote:
I think so, but there I am not a sport enthusiast. Having ignored reams
of sport reporting on breakfast TV I settled down to watch a report
about knife crimes interviewing the Mayor of London, then to towards the
end they started to talk about sport with him! Perhaps there should be a
sport channel, after all they have done it for the children's programmes.

PLEASE! Then we can stop having the main channels' schedules being
thrown into disarray by various sports. Even worse when a match overruns
and they cancel the following programme just to talk about the match
that has by now finished!

SteveW
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 15 July 2019 17:01:18 UTC+1, Brian Gaff wrote:
Don't you find though that things bunch together.

Not really other than at weekends perhaps which does make sense.
I think it's because there are more sporting events happening that are advertised.

Generally I thought it was
just busses that came in packs, but it seems that sports finals attract each
other around the same date.

Well there are a limited number of dates in the year.

Also affected are medical appointments social
events and people who want to come and visit. There is some odd fundamental
law of the universe that makes such things happen, its a failure in the
random number generator controlling the universe.

I blame Brexit. ;-)

How much is too much? RayV Woodworking 6 April 27th 07 08:32 PM
waste pipe slope: how much is too much? j probose Home Repair 8 December 23rd 05 01:54 PM
Scope help.. How much voltage is too much? Michael Kennedy Electronics Repair 3 November 10th 05 06:26 PM
(Homebuying) How Much Renovations Too Much? [email protected] Home Repair 6 June 27th 05 10:09 PM
How much HP is too much for a 14" Bandsaw? [email protected] Woodworking 66 January 7th 05 04:56 AM