Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Wago 222-412 and enclosures and extending wiring

A couple of questions:

(1) If Wago 222-412 connectors are out of reach under screwed down
floorboards do they have to be in a protective enclosure? If so, what?

(2) Due to false positives from a detector suggesting old wiring was still
live, my 13A ring extension stops short of the point where I need to cut
into the ring.

Can I be lazy and just add an extra length of wire to each side using the
Wago connectors (presumably just like adding another socket to the ring)
or do I have to pull out the existing new wires and run in a longer pair?

Cheers

Dave R

---

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 09 Jul 2019 13:11:54 +0000, David wrote:

A couple of questions:

(1) If Wago 222-412 connectors are out of reach under screwed down
floorboards do they have to be in a protective enclosure? If so, what?

(2) Due to false positives from a detector suggesting old wiring was
still live, my 13A ring extension stops short of the point where I need
to cut into the ring.

Can I be lazy and just add an extra length of wire to each side using
the Wago connectors (presumably just like adding another socket to the
ring) or do I have to pull out the existing new wires and run in a
longer pair?

Ah.
Looks as though it should be in a box.

My one Wagobox doesn't seem to have enough room to stack 3 222-412
connectors on top of each other (unless I am doing something wrong) so I
can't join both legs of the ring inside one Wagobox.

So that just leaves the question of the two part connection.

Cheers

Dave R

---

Posted to uk.d-i-y

David wrote:

My one Wagobox doesn't seem to have enough room to stack 3 222-412
connectors on top of each other (unless I am doing something wrong)

You can get six 412 connectors, or four 413 connectors, or two 415 plus
two 412 connectors in a normal wagobox (do you have a wagobox-light?)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andy Burns wrote:

David wrote:

My one Wagobox doesn't seem to have enough room to stack 3 222-412
connectors on top of each other (unless I am doing something wrong)

You can get six 412 connectors

You *are* putting them in the slots with the levers facing sideways,
aren't you?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/07/2019 14:33, Andy Burns wrote:
David wrote:

My one Wagobox doesn't seem to have enough room to stack 3 222-412
connectors on top of each other (unless I am doing something wrong)

You can get six 412 connectors, or four 413 connectors, or two 415 plus
two 412 connectors in a normal wagobox (do you have a wagobox-light?)

This is something new to me.

Are Wago connectors intended for structural mains installations,
or just for industrial systems?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 09 Jul 2019 15:03:51 +0100, Andy Burns wrote:

Andy Burns wrote:

David wrote:

My one Wagobox doesn't seem to have enough room to stack 3 222-412
connectors on top of each other (unless I am doing something wrong)

You can get six 412 connectors

You *are* putting them in the slots with the levers facing sideways,
aren't you?

Bugger!

No I'm not.

Hence the question; thanks.

Cheers

Dave R

---

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/07/2019 14:11, David wrote:
A couple of questions:

(1) If Wago 222-412 connectors are out of reach under screwed down
floorboards do they have to be in a protective enclosure? If so, what?

(2) Due to false positives from a detector suggesting old wiring was still
live, my 13A ring extension stops short of the point where I need to cut
into the ring.

Can I be lazy and just add an extra length of wire to each side using the
Wago connectors (presumably just like adding another socket to the ring)
or do I have to pull out the existing new wires and run in a longer pair?

Cheers

Dave R

Look at the "Maintenance Free Application Instructions" he
http://www.wago.ltd.uk/enclosures/wagobox/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

David wrote:

My one Wagobox doesn't seem to have enough room to stack 3 222-412
connectors on top of each other (unless I am doing something wrong)

You can get six 412 connectors, or four 413 connectors, or two 415
plus two 412 connectors in a normal wagobox (do you have a
wagobox-light?)

This is something new to me.

Are Wago connectors intended for structural mains installations,
or just for industrial systems?

Anywhere you want a maintenance free joint basically.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

David wrote:

My one Wagobox doesn't seem to have enough room to stack 3 222-412
connectors on top of each other (unless I am doing something wrong)

You can get six 412 connectors, or four 413 connectors, or two 415
plus two 412 connectors in a normal wagobox (do you have a
wagobox-light?)

This is something new to me.

Are Wago connectors intended for structural mains installations,
or just for industrial systems?

Anywhere you want a maintenance free joint basically.

And very handy they are too, if connecting to short lengths of otherwise
fixed wiring in tight spaces.

Wago 222-412 test port - blanked off when connected? David UK diy 1 July 7th 19 03:41 PM
Wago and Grip-it newshound UK diy 1 February 19th 17 10:14 PM
Using Wago lever connectors in a non-Wago box? Adam Funk[_3_] UK diy 15 November 6th 14 08:55 PM
Does anyone own the Delta 36-412 12" dual bevel miter saw? [email protected] Woodworking 3 March 24th 04 07:45 AM
review of delta 36-412 dual bevel miter [email protected] Woodworking 1 February 11th 04 08:50 AM