DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Kitchen cabinet hinge question (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/637281-kitchen-cabinet-hinge-question.html)

Graham.[_11_] July 4th 19 05:56 PM

Kitchen cabinet hinge question

What's the best way of dealing

What's the best way of dealing with warn oversize holes in a kitchen
chipboard carcase?

I suppose I am to fill the holes and re-drill, what product should I
use as the filler?

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Nick Odell[_2_] July 4th 19 06:33 PM

On 04/07/2019 17:56, Graham. wrote:
What's the best way of dealing

What's the best way of dealing with warn oversize holes in a kitchen
chipboard carcase?

I suppose I am to fill the holes and re-drill, what product should I
use as the filler?

Are there reasons why you have to place the new holes in the same
locations? Would it look neater to cover the old holes with push-fit
plugs and bore a new hole in a new position?

Nick

Jim K.. July 4th 19 06:41 PM

Graham. Wrote in message:
What's the best way of dealing

What's the best way of dealing with warn oversize holes in a kitchen
chipboard carcase?

I suppose I am to fill the holes and re-drill, what product should I
use as the filler?

Car body filler.
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

Paul Herber[_2_] July 4th 19 07:45 PM

On Thu, 4 Jul 2019 19:35:47 +0100, Richard wrote:

On 04/07/2019 18:38, Jim K.. wrote:
Graham. Wrote in message:
What's the best way of dealing

What's the best way of dealing with warn oversize holes in a kitchen
chipboard carcase?

I suppose I am to fill the holes and re-drill, what product should I
use as the filler?

Car body filler.

You are TNP AICMFP

No, that would be crra bdy fleur
Sorry, couldn't resist..

--
Regards, Paul Herber
http://www.paulherber.co.uk/

Mike Clarke July 4th 19 08:04 PM

Kitchen cabinet hinge question

On 04/07/2019 17:56, Graham. wrote:
What's the best way of dealing

What's the best way of dealing with warn oversize holes in a kitchen
chipboard carcase?

I suppose I am to fill the holes and re-drill, what product should I
use as the filler?

Would a hinge repair kit solve your problem?
e.g. https://www.toolstation.com/hafele-h...air-kit/p25950

Dennis@home July 4th 19 08:28 PM

On 04/07/2019 18:38, Jim K.. wrote:
Graham. Wrote in message:
What's the best way of dealing

What's the best way of dealing with warn oversize holes in a kitchen
chipboard carcase?

I suppose I am to fill the holes and re-drill, what product should I
use as the filler?

Car body filler.

You are TNP AICMFP

No, that would be crra bdy fleur
Sorry, couldn't resist..

Don't take the Michelle out of mentally deranged people.

alan_m July 4th 19 09:30 PM

Kitchen cabinet hinge question

On 04/07/2019 17:56, Graham. wrote:
What's the best way of dealing

What's the best way of dealing with warn oversize holes in a kitchen
chipboard carcase?

I suppose I am to fill the holes and re-drill, what product should I
use as the filler?

Drill out the hole out to a suitable size and tap in and glue in a
wooden dowel

https://www.screwfix.com/p/hafele-wo...100-pack/9379t

Cut the dowel flush with the side of the carcass

They come in various diameters/lengths

Peeler[_4_] July 4th 19 11:16 PM

Lonely Psychopathic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert!

On Fri, 5 Jul 2019 07:12:54 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Car body filler.

You can shove your car body filler up yours, again, senile asshole!

--
pamela about Rot Speed:
"His off the cuff expertise demonstrates how little he knows..."

DerbyBorn[_5_] July 5th 19 12:28 PM

Kitchen cabinet hinge question

Graham. wrote in
:

What's the best way of dealing

What's the best way of dealing with warn oversize holes in a kitchen
chipboard carcase?

I suppose I am to fill the holes and re-drill, what product should I
use as the filler?

Teach the family to take more care and not allow the screws to come loose!

[email protected] July 5th 19 06:27 PM

Kitchen cabinet hinge question

On Friday, 5 July 2019 12:29:02 UTC+1, DerbyBorn wrote:
Graham. wrote in
:

What's the best way of dealing

What's the best way of dealing with warn oversize holes in a kitchen
chipboard carcase?

I suppose I am to fill the holes and re-drill, what product should I
use as the filler?

Teach the family to take more care and not allow the screws to come loose!

in some families the screws have always been loose

DerbyBorn[_5_] July 6th 19 02:31 PM

Kitchen cabinet hinge question

wrote in
:

On Friday, 5 July 2019 12:29:02 UTC+1, DerbyBorn wrote:
Graham. wrote in
:

What's the best way of dealing

What's the best way of dealing with warn oversize holes in a
kitchen chipboard carcase?

I suppose I am to fill the holes and re-drill, what product should
I use as the filler?

Teach the family to take more care and not allow the screws to come
loose!

in some families the screws have always been loose

And doors are for leaning on when they are open.

Dave Plowman (News) July 6th 19 03:13 PM

Kitchen cabinet hinge question

In article ,
wrote:
On Friday, 5 July 2019 12:29:02 UTC+1, DerbyBorn wrote:
Graham. wrote in
:

What's the best way of dealing

What's the best way of dealing with warn oversize holes in a kitchen
chipboard carcase?

I suppose I am to fill the holes and re-drill, what product should I
use as the filler?

Teach the family to take more care and not allow the screws to come
loose!

in some families the screws have always been loose

Please stop insulting Turnip. A couple of posts per thread is more than
enough.

--
*DOES THE LITTLE MERMAID WEAR AN ALGEBRA?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

TMH July 6th 19 09:41 PM

On 05/07/2019 18:27, wrote:
On Friday, 5 July 2019 12:29:02 UTC+1, DerbyBorn wrote:
Graham. wrote in
:

What's the best way of dealing

What's the best way of dealing with warn oversize holes in a kitchen
chipboard carcase?

I suppose I am to fill the holes and re-drill, what product should I
use as the filler?

Teach the family to take more care and not allow the screws to come loose!

in some families the screws have always been loose

I use these all the time, they work a treat.

https://www.toolstation.com/hafele-h...air-kit/p25950

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman