Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Kitchen cabinet hinge question

What's the best way of dealing

What's the best way of dealing with warn oversize holes in a kitchen
chipboard carcase?

I suppose I am to fill the holes and re-drill, what product should I
use as the filler?

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 04/07/2019 17:56, Graham. wrote:
What's the best way of dealing

What's the best way of dealing with warn oversize holes in a kitchen
chipboard carcase?

I suppose I am to fill the holes and re-drill, what product should I
use as the filler?

Are there reasons why you have to place the new holes in the same
locations? Would it look neater to cover the old holes with push-fit
plugs and bore a new hole in a new position?

Nick
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Graham. Wrote in message:
What's the best way of dealing

What's the best way of dealing with warn oversize holes in a kitchen
chipboard carcase?

I suppose I am to fill the holes and re-drill, what product should I
use as the filler?

Car body filler.
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 4 Jul 2019 19:35:47 +0100, Richard wrote:

On 04/07/2019 18:38, Jim K.. wrote:
Graham. Wrote in message:
What's the best way of dealing

What's the best way of dealing with warn oversize holes in a kitchen
chipboard carcase?

I suppose I am to fill the holes and re-drill, what product should I
use as the filler?

Car body filler.

You are TNP AICMFP

No, that would be crra bdy fleur
Sorry, couldn't resist..

--
Regards, Paul Herber
http://www.paulherber.co.uk/

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 04/07/2019 17:56, Graham. wrote:
What's the best way of dealing

What's the best way of dealing with warn oversize holes in a kitchen
chipboard carcase?

I suppose I am to fill the holes and re-drill, what product should I
use as the filler?

Would a hinge repair kit solve your problem?
e.g. https://www.toolstation.com/hafele-h...air-kit/p25950

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 04/07/2019 18:38, Jim K.. wrote:
Graham. Wrote in message:
What's the best way of dealing

What's the best way of dealing with warn oversize holes in a kitchen
chipboard carcase?

I suppose I am to fill the holes and re-drill, what product should I
use as the filler?

Car body filler.

You are TNP AICMFP

No, that would be crra bdy fleur
Sorry, couldn't resist..

Don't take the Michelle out of mentally deranged people.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 04/07/2019 17:56, Graham. wrote:
What's the best way of dealing

What's the best way of dealing with warn oversize holes in a kitchen
chipboard carcase?

I suppose I am to fill the holes and re-drill, what product should I
use as the filler?

Drill out the hole out to a suitable size and tap in and glue in a
wooden dowel

https://www.screwfix.com/p/hafele-wo...100-pack/9379t

Cut the dowel flush with the side of the carcass

They come in various diameters/lengths

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 5 Jul 2019 07:12:54 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Car body filler.

You can shove your car body filler up yours, again, senile asshole!

--
pamela about Rot Speed:
"His off the cuff expertise demonstrates how little he knows..."
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Graham. wrote in
:

What's the best way of dealing

What's the best way of dealing with warn oversize holes in a kitchen
chipboard carcase?

I suppose I am to fill the holes and re-drill, what product should I
use as the filler?

Teach the family to take more care and not allow the screws to come loose!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 5 July 2019 12:29:02 UTC+1, DerbyBorn wrote:
Graham. wrote in
:

What's the best way of dealing

What's the best way of dealing with warn oversize holes in a kitchen
chipboard carcase?

I suppose I am to fill the holes and re-drill, what product should I
use as the filler?

Teach the family to take more care and not allow the screws to come loose!

in some families the screws have always been loose
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
wrote:
On Friday, 5 July 2019 12:29:02 UTC+1, DerbyBorn wrote:
Graham. wrote in
:

What's the best way of dealing

What's the best way of dealing with warn oversize holes in a kitchen
chipboard carcase?

I suppose I am to fill the holes and re-drill, what product should I
use as the filler?

Teach the family to take more care and not allow the screws to come
loose!

in some families the screws have always been loose

Please stop insulting Turnip. A couple of posts per thread is more than
enough.

--
*DOES THE LITTLE MERMAID WEAR AN ALGEBRA?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.