DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Orbitrol steering unit (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/636997-orbitrol-steering-unit.html)

Tim Lamb[_2_] June 25th 19 04:03 PM

Orbitrol steering unit

Anyone attempted repairs? After 6000 hours it doesn't owe me much but at
circa £250 I thought I would ask:-)
--
Tim Lamb

Tim Lamb[_2_] June 25th 19 08:57 PM

Orbitrol steering unit

In message , Andrew Mawson
writes
There are 'repair kits' for certain makes but not all.

Andrew

"Tim Lamb" wrote in message
.. .

Anyone attempted repairs? After 6000 hours it doesn't owe me much but at
circa £250 I thought I would ask:-)

Hmm.. I skimmed through a 30 page pdf of strip and re-assembly. Several
special tools were required so it is a bit daunting.

I think this is a Danfoss 150-0027 but there is a thick coat of paint
making the *upside down and left to right* mirror version a bit hard to
be sure.
I don't want to take the machine out of use at the moment and it is
still OK for yard work. Just a bit dangerous on the highway!

--
Tim Lamb