Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Firewood splitting/burning qualities questions

On 16/06/2019 20:52, T i m wrote:

There's no point in recycling if it isn't immediately cost effective.

There are things that are bigger than money you know?

No. Everything can be priced. And please don't start quoting Wilde.
Money measures value of every sort.

If
it's costing money to do it then it's just a way of virtue signalling
that makes us all poorer.

How would you 'cost' a process that could (say) eventually 'cost' all
our lives?

Firstly I'd apply an assessment of likelihood. Since in this case it is
0% I'd value it at £0.

I wouldn't worry if he hadn't because people are unlikely to fly-tip
anything of value.

You can't be too careful. I can't tell you here what I found last week
dumped in a field. It wasn't actual normal dumping though, to be fair.
They'd stolen a vehicle and dumped the contents, which were worth a lot
more than the vehicle!

Bill