DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Radiator - aluminium (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/636772-radiator-aluminium.html)

DerbyBorn[_5_] June 18th 19 11:27 PM

Radiator - aluminium

Looking for a tall narrow radiator and have encountered some made of
aluminium. Any snags?

I have a modern WB Boiler and keep it Inhibited.

Jeff Layman[_2_] June 19th 19 07:21 AM

Radiator - aluminium

On 18/06/19 23:27, DerbyBorn wrote:
Looking for a tall narrow radiator and have encountered some made of
aluminium. Any snags?

I have a modern WB Boiler and keep it Inhibited.

Galvanic corrosion between copper pipes and aluminium?

--

Jeff

[email protected] June 19th 19 11:26 AM

Radiator - aluminium

On Wednesday, 19 June 2019 07:21:30 UTC+1, Jeff Layman wrote:
On 18/06/19 23:27, DerbyBorn wrote:

Looking for a tall narrow radiator and have encountered some made of
aluminium. Any snags?

I have a modern WB Boiler and keep it Inhibited.

Galvanic corrosion between copper pipes and aluminium?

Al is used as a protective anode in copper plumbed systems. It takes the corrosion protecting steel parts. I gather there should be a plastic insulator between differing metals to greatly reduce corrosion.

NT

Dave Plowman (News) June 19th 19 03:03 PM

Radiator - aluminium

In article ,
Jeff Layman wrote:
On 18/06/19 23:27, DerbyBorn wrote:
Looking for a tall narrow radiator and have encountered some made of
aluminium. Any snags?

I have a modern WB Boiler and keep it Inhibited.

Galvanic corrosion between copper pipes and aluminium?

Not noticed it on my old car with an ally engine. Replaced a rotten steel
pipe with copper, and it's been fine. Very common to have brass fittings
screwing into ally.

--
*No husband has ever been shot while doing the dishes *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.