Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Wirlpool

Some sympathies and concerns over the attempt to contact owners of tumble
dryers.

So many young people are so apathetic about stuff. Many won't read such
items of news, They will not have completed a Warranty Form when they
bought it. They may not know what make of dryer they own. Cleaning the
filter is too difficult and they won't have read the instructions.

Someone once told me theirs is better when the filter is blocked as it gets
hotter!!!!!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 13 Jun 2019 15:04:20 GMT, DerbyBorn
wrote:

Some sympathies and concerns over the attempt to contact owners of tumble
dryers.

So many young people are so apathetic about stuff. Many won't read such
items of news, They will not have completed a Warranty Form when they
bought it. They may not know what make of dryer they own. Cleaning the
filter is too difficult and they won't have read the instructions.

Someone once told me theirs is better when the filter is blocked as it gets
hotter!!!!!

I was speaking to a person not that young but younger than me. She
said her daughter thought the shower was rubbish. It seems the issue
is water pressure. I asked - the mother not the daughter - whether it
was a combi boiler or a hot water tank and she said she had no idea.

There was an item in the Diary page of our paper about a bank employee
using a calculator to work out the value of six £20 notes.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Scott wrote in
:

wrote:

[...]

Typical. What model iPhone did she have? I bet she knows that.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 13 Jun 2019 15:22:23 GMT, DerbyBorn
wrote:

Scott wrote in
:

wrote:

[...]

Think she said 'an old one'.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

DerbyBorn wrote:

Some sympathies and concerns over the attempt to contact owners of tumble
dryers.

So many young people are so apathetic about stuff. Many won't read such
items of news

Surely twitter tells them?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13/06/2019 16:04, DerbyBorn wrote:
Some sympathies and concerns over the attempt to contact owners of tumble
dryers.

So many young people are so apathetic about stuff. Many won't read such
items of news, They will not have completed a Warranty Form when they
bought it. They may not know what make of dryer they own. Cleaning the
filter is too difficult and they won't have read the instructions.

I'm not surprised that people don't bother to fill in and send back the
guarantee registration postcard. For generations manufacturers have lied
that it's needed to validate the guarantee, when it's just a marketing
ploy to see how many people have actually bought the things rather than
them languishing in warehouses. Or so someone can ring you up and try to
sell you some kind of white goods insurance for years afterwards.

And what if you move house and take it with you, or move house and gift
it to the new occupants?

--
Max Demian
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"DerbyBorn" wrote in message
2.236...
Scott wrote in
:

wrote:

[...]

Bet she doesn’t. Plenty don’t even know if they have an iphone or samsung.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 14 Jun 2019 03:55:02 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Typical. What model iPhone did she have? I bet she knows that.

Bet she doesn¢t. Plenty don¢t even know if they have an iphone or samsung.

In auto-contradicting mode again, you clinically insane senile pest?

--
Kerr-Mudd,John addressing senile Rot:
MID:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13/06/2019 16:04, DerbyBorn wrote:
Some sympathies and concerns over the attempt to contact owners of tumble
dryers.

So many young people are so apathetic about stuff. Many won't read such
items of news,

Doesn't help when parts of the media are incompetent on passing on the
vital information.

There was this article

https://metro.co.uk/2019/06/12/whirl...ately-9915354/

in the London edition of the Metro newspaper expressing shock and
dismay about the situation, about Whirlpool's failed attempts to contact
affected owners, and absolutely nothing to help owners identify if their
machine was included in the recall.

And then this line

€˜The crucial message to anyone who still owns an affected dryer and
has not already had it modified by Whirlpool is to contact us
immediately on 0800 151 0905.'

--
Adrian C
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Yes I assume this should have been glued onto the product recall thread.
I came across one some years back where a kind of self adhesive raised
plastic name tag of the Kitchen maker had been put over the original makers
name, in that case Candy. Why would they do that? Seems terribly tacky.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"DerbyBorn" wrote in message
2.236...
Some sympathies and concerns over the attempt to contact owners of tumble
dryers.

So many young people are so apathetic about stuff. Many won't read such
items of news, They will not have completed a Warranty Form when they
bought it. They may not know what make of dryer they own. Cleaning the
filter is too difficult and they won't have read the instructions.

Someone once told me theirs is better when the filter is blocked as it
gets
hotter!!!!!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 14 Jun 2019 08:29:08 +0100, "Brian Gaff"
wrote:

After Brexit about 6p I'd imagine.
Brian

Like the two prostitutes chatting on the streets of Berlin? One says
to the other: 'The pound isn't worth a f*ck these days'.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

You mean leave it behind cos it's **** ;-)
--
Jim K