Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Best and cheapest way to make woodshed base.

I am thinking over the pros and cons of concrete versus concrete slabs
on mortar.

The sub base is loose gravel over MOT type 1 thats been down 16 years. I
can use the loose gravel to make concrete with. Obviously with sand as well

Area is 3m x 1.8m

Seems to come aout around £120 no matter which way I look - anyone got
hard info?

Me: I'd put a concrete pad at each corner and also midpoints if the shed
is long and use those plastic adjustable shed base "feet" (4-5 inch
diameter screw type legs) to run treated wooden bearers across, then
plant the shed on top.

If your pads sink slightly, you can tweak the legs up (4' bar to take
the weight off them slightly and screw the head up).

I've got them under mine as the old shed base is solid, but went on a
major 4" lean along its length.

Advantages: less concrete, adjustable, keeps the wood off the damp ground.

Disadvantages: needs more height. But if it's all gravel, you could rake
a few inches off the top maybe and sink the subframe into the ground?

--
Email does not work
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/05/2019 10:13, Tim Watts wrote:

[...]

My shed rests on 8 ft concrete fence posts.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

dennis@home wrote:
[...]

Doesnt that make it difficult to reach the door handle.

GH

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 23 May 2019 17:50:08 +0000, Marland wrote:

dennis@home wrote:
[...]

No. He lives in a swamp and they are the piling!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/05/2019 18:50, Marland wrote:
dennis@home wrote:
[...]

Only if done by a brexiteer.