Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Kew hobby 80-1 pulsing

Hiya guy's I'm looking for a little help my power washer I was using it and
turned it off for 5 mins and when I turned it on its started pulsing on full
pressure but fine on low cany any one give me any advice on this please

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...g-1362612-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/05/2019 06:14, William wrote:
Hiya guy's I'm looking for a little help my power washer I was using it and
turned it off for 5 mins and when I turned it on its started pulsing on
full
pressure but fine on low cany any one give me any advice on this please

Usually a sign of a dodgy seal on the high pressure side, maybe but not
necessarily around the trigger. Does it matter? Are there spares kits
available? A seal that leaks under pressure will not necessarily be
obvious as you strip it. Could be a scratch or score in one of the rigid
parts. Are you used to stripping and rebuilding stuff like this? How
much do you like a challenge?

---

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/05/19 10:15, newshound wrote:
On 23/05/2019 06:14, William wrote:
Hiya guy's I'm looking for a little help my power washer I was using it and
turned it off for 5 mins and when I turned it on its started pulsing on
full
pressure but fine on low cany any one give me any advice on this please

Usually a sign of a dodgy seal on the high pressure side, maybe but not
necessarily around the trigger. Does it matter? Are there spares kits
available? A seal that leaks under pressure will not necessarily be
obvious as you strip it. Could be a scratch or score in one of the rigid
parts. Are you used to stripping and rebuilding stuff like this? How
much do you like a challenge?

I had a Karcher which developed a leak on the high-pressure side
somewhere near the hose connection on the main unit, with water spraying
out of the vents. I took it apart, but could find nothing wrong. After
reassembly, using the same washers, it worked perfectly, and has
continued to do so, although it is only used as a spare now.

You are right about the challenge, though. Karcher used three different
sizes of screw (Torx headed) to hold the thing together, and six
different sizes of "O" rings!

--

Jeff
Posted to uk.d-i-y
TMH TMH is offline

On 23/05/2019 06:14, William wrote:
Hiya guy's I'm looking for a little help my power washer I was using it and
turned it off for 5 mins and when I turned it on its started pulsing on
full
pressure but fine on low cany any one give me any advice on this please

Pulsing when gun closed. Leak on high pressure side or unlosder valve
needs adjusting.
Pulsing when gun open. Blocked nozzle jet.

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

Posted to uk.d-i-y

replying to newshound, Vincent Cassidy wrote:
I have the same model Hobby 80-1 which surges on high pressure ok on low
setting on lance, there are no leaks frim machine did you get yours sorted if
so how did you fix it.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...g-1362612-.htm