Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Where's your oven?

Our oven was a bit high up in that it was in a floor intended oven unit
but on a worktop (albeit without legs), so it was right in your face.

Kitchen redesign will have it in a lower position.

It's in a temporary housing ATM between waist/chest height and when
opened it steams my glasses up.
So i'm thinking of having it too high again.

Just wondering where folk have their ovens?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20/05/2019 22:33, R D S wrote:
Our oven was a bit high up in that it was in a floor intended oven unit
but on a worktop (albeit without legs), so it was right in your face.

Kitchen redesign will have it in a lower position.

It's in a temporary housing ATM between waist/chest height and when
opened it steams my glasses up.
So i'm thinking of having it too high again.

Just wondering where folk have their ovens?

With the bottom of the oven approx level with the worktop. This makes
an easy access to the oven but the grill may be a little high

With this revamp the fridge is in a similar unit and we have a separate
free standing freezer. ~This was done because fridga /freezer units can
not give the freezer space we need for fruit from the garden and we have
too litle freezer space with a buiult in fridge/freezer unit

Malcolm

---
https://www.avg.com

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 20 May 2019 22:33:41 +0100, R D S wrote:

Our oven was a bit high up in that it was in a floor intended oven unit
but on a worktop (albeit without legs), so it was right in your face.

Kitchen redesign will have it in a lower position.

It's in a temporary housing ATM between waist/chest height and when
opened it steams my glasses up.
So i'm thinking of having it too high again.

Just wondering where folk have their ovens?

Bottom of the double over 50-60cm from floor.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20/05/2019 22:33, R D S wrote:
Our oven was a bit high up in that it was in a floor intended oven unit
but on a worktop (albeit without legs), so it was right in your face.

Kitchen redesign will have it in a lower position.

It's in a temporary housing ATM between waist/chest height and when
opened it steams my glasses up.
So i'm thinking of having it too high again.

Just wondering where folk have their ovens?

Bottom of the double 600 above the floor.

Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y

R D S wrote:

Just wondering where folk have their ovens?

Mine is below worktop level, but having fitted one at waist/chest level
for my parents (depending on height of the user) I'll do the same to my
next oven.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 20 May 2019 22:33:44 UTC+1, R D S wrote:
Just wondering where folk have their ovens?

For quite a while last year mine was in the second bedroom.

(Kitchen refit in progress.)

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , R D S writes
Our oven was a bit high up in that it was in a floor intended oven unit
but on a worktop (albeit without legs), so it was right in your face.

Kitchen redesign will have it in a lower position.

It's in a temporary housing ATM between waist/chest height and when
opened it steams my glasses up.
So i'm thinking of having it too high again.

Just wondering where folk have their ovens?

Waist/chest height in tower units. Modern kitchen designers (ours
anyway) think it is OK to have them under the work surface!

--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 20 May 2019 22:33:41 +0100, R D S wrote:

Our oven was a bit high up in that it was in a floor intended oven unit
but on a worktop (albeit without legs), so it was right in your face.

Kitchen redesign will have it in a lower position.

It's in a temporary housing ATM between waist/chest height and when
opened it steams my glasses up.
So i'm thinking of having it too high again.

Just wondering where folk have their ovens?

We have what might be described as a "mock double oven".

Single oven starting about 600mm up from the floor.
Combination microwave and oven starting at 1200mm from the floor.

For me it is important to have the top of the top oven at around eye level.
The Bosch combi which we use most is at this height.
The single oven below is a little low as you have to stoop to get stuff in
and out and the grill is below eye level but is far more user friendly
than an under worktop oven.

Cheers

Dave R

---

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 20 May 2019 22:33:41 +0100, R D S wrote:

snip

Just wondering where folk have their ovens?

Free standing with a grille at (low to me as I'm 6'2") eye level. ;-)

No form over function here and easy to replace without having to re-do
the kitchen.

'She' CGAF either, especially as I do most the cooking. ;-)

Cheers, T i m
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , David
wrote:
[...]

Many years ago, there was a Punch cartoon with a a picture of an
old-fashioned oven withn a hole inthe floor in front of it. Husband saying
"Well, you said you wanted an eye-level grill"

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20/05/2019 22:33, R D S wrote:
Our oven was a bit high up in that it was in a floor intended oven unit
but on a worktop (albeit without legs), so it was right in your face.

Kitchen redesign will have it in a lower position.

It's in a temporary housing ATM between waist/chest height and when
opened it steams my glasses up.
So i'm thinking of having it too high again.

Just wondering where folk have their ovens?

The oven is a Creda Double oven quite old now, maybe 30 years. It is in
a Magnet double oven unit, 46cm above floor. We have a rarely used Bosch
microwave unit above it. I was surprised to find that many double ovens
are the same size so it was possible to buy a suitable kitchen unit. I
used steel angle iron to reinforce the kitchen unit as the oven is quite
heavy. The main oven is a suitable height for removing heavy hot items
such as the turkey at Christmas.

--
Michael Chare
Posted to uk.d-i-y

David wrote:

We have what might be described as a "mock double oven".

I thought quad ovens were de rigueur?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"R D S" wrote in message
Our oven was a bit high up in that it was in a floor intended oven unit
but on a worktop (albeit without legs), so it was right in your face.

Kitchen redesign will have it in a lower position.

It's in a temporary housing ATM between waist/chest height and when opened
it steams my glasses up.
So i'm thinking of having it too high again.

Just wondering where folk have their ovens?

I have mine still sitting on concrete blocks on the floor
because I have never gotten around to building it in.

I have never had a problem with it steaming up
my glasses. Not clear why you do and I dont.
The top with the controls is basically at head
height, mainly because that sees the grill under
the oven itself at the right height and I still use
that a lot particularly for steaks and chops etc.

I dont use the oven much at all anymore.
I prefer to use digital air fryers for most of
my dinners now and still use the big glass
convection ovens for roast legs of lamb
that dont fit in the digital air fryers.
https://www.myer.com.au/p/the-nutrio...B&gclsrc=aw.ds

Much easier to put the big glass bowl
in the dishwasher than the obscene
job of cleaning the wall oven. \

The digital air fryer pan and internal
thing go in the dishwasher fine too.
I only bother to wash those every
couple of weeks and use the air
fryer almost every evening.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
% % is offline

On 2019-05-21 12:45 p.m., Rod Speed wrote:

"R D S" wrote in message
[...]

you mean you guys cook your food right inside the house
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 22 May 2019 05:45:17 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

I have mine

FLUSH

Oh, no, and the senile troll from Oz HAD to **** also in this innocent
little thread!

--
Sqwertz to Rot Speed:
asshole.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2019-05-21 12:45 p.m., Rod Speed wrote:

"R D S" wrote in message
[...]

I 'spect they crap indoors too.

--
Max Demian
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20/05/2019 22:33, R D S wrote:
Our oven was a bit high up in that it was in a floor intended oven unit
but on a worktop (albeit without legs), so it was right in your face.

Kitchen redesign will have it in a lower position.

It's in a temporary housing ATM between waist/chest height and when
opened it steams my glasses up.
So i'm thinking of having it too high again.

Just wondering where folk have their ovens?

One (fan oven with grill) is, about, waist height- may be a bit lower.
(Glasses steaming is an issue!)

The second (a combi- ie fan/microwave/grill ) is above it. Never
noticed glasses steaming but it is mainly used for warming plates etc,
sometimes if we are cooking a lot of things.

A third, free standing, combi (long story) stands on the bench. Mainly
used on uWave, even then for warming milk to make coffee so can't say
I've noticed the glasses problem.

--
Always smile when walking, you never know where there is a camera ;-)

Remarkable Coincidences:
The Stock Market Crashes of 1929 and 2008 happened on the same
date in October. In Oct 1907, a run on the Knickerbocker Trust
Company led to the Great Depression.