Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Drill cheaper with Two batteries than one

Ws looking around for a drill for use here in the lab.

and a bit confused by these options.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bosch-Cordl... teway&sr=8-1

Here on rapid 2 versions the 1 batt is called a impact driver and the two batts version is a combo but they have the same bosch ID .

https://www.rapidonline.com/bosch-ps...i-drill-300405..

Although B&Q for once seem to be cheapest.

https://www.diy.com/departments/bosc...3206333_BQ.prd

cheaper still for 1 batt

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bosch-Cordl...WXD7VBFGRYPSJ3

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
Ws looking around for a drill for use here in the lab.

and a bit confused by these options.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bosch-Cordl... teway&sr=8-1

Here on rapid 2 versions the 1 batt is called a impact driver and the
two batts version is a combo but they have the same bosch ID .

https://www.rapidonline.com/bosch-ps...i-drill-300405.

Impact driver tends to be a phrase scattered around. In this case, it
means a hammer drill, as opposed to an impact driver designed to remove
stubborn nuts, etc.

Do you need a hammer drill in your lab? Their normal used is drilling into
masonry.

Is that Rapid price right? There, the single battery one is more than the
twin battery? Assuming the batteries are the same. Notice they don't give
the battery capacity - only voltage.

--
*A chicken crossing the road is poultry in motion.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
Ws looking around for a drill for use here in the lab.

and a bit confused by these options.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bosch-Cordl... teway&sr=8-1

Here on rapid 2 versions the 1 batt is called a impact driver and the
two batts version is a combo but they have the same bosch ID .

https://www.rapidonline.com/bosch-ps...i-drill-300405.

Impact driver tends to be a phrase scattered around. In this case, it
means a hammer drill, as opposed to an impact driver designed to remove
stubborn nuts, etc.

Do you need a hammer drill in your lab? Their normal used is drilling into
masonry.

Is that Rapid price right? There, the single battery one is more than the
twin battery? Assuming the batteries are the same. Notice they don't give
the battery capacity - only voltage.

They both say 1.5AHr.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 20 May 2019 15:04:58 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
Ws looking around for a drill for use here in the lab.

and a bit confused by these options.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bosch-Cordl... teway&sr=8-1

Here on rapid 2 versions the 1 batt is called a impact driver and the
two batts version is a combo but they have the same bosch ID .

https://www.rapidonline.com/bosch-ps...i-drill-300405.

Impact driver tends to be a phrase scattered around. In this case, it
means a hammer drill, as opposed to an impact driver designed to remove
stubborn nuts, etc.

I remove stubbon nuts from the lab at 5pm by shouting at them and insiting they go home like I want to do ;-)

Do you need a hammer drill in your lab? Their normal used is drilling into
masonry.

Well a month ago we asked for 4 coat hooks to be put on the wall so we could hang such things up. I'm a bit bored of waiting and I'd like this done before I retire in a handful of years or so. Also I don't know in advance exactly what I might need to drill in the future, but in the past having been asked to drill through a wall and to borrow the Kango drill from maintaince department... might as well get one that can do a little bit of masonry drilling, it's not like I'm planning on drilling into a bank vault. e also have a number of racks to put up[ on the wall to hang a few hundred cables mostly 1 metre BNC to 4mm.
Again we asked last year for this to be included in the new lab build but as yet nothing been done and I suspect it's too late this year and as we've paid they are unlikely to come back and do it.
As with a lot of these things it ends up DIY.
Last month there was no soap in the toilets or toilet roll holders or even toilet rolls, but they did install two of those fancy dyson hand/washer dryers.

If you scroll down you'll notice we are mentioned.

"Dyson Airbladeᵀᴹ hand dryers contribute to our carbon reduction target, something that is extremely important for the university and our students."

Julien Dixon
Senior Project Manager, Queen Mary University of London

https://www.dyson.co.uk/hand-dryers.html

Is that Rapid price right? There, the single battery one is more than the
twin battery? Assuming the batteries are the same. Notice they don't give
the battery capacity - only voltage.

They do give 1.5Ah under technical details and yes the price is right having emailed them asking if they can match B&Qs price they said, no so we'll go to B&Q.

amazon have a similar odd pricing, but another amazon supplied will supply just the drill for £70, but we do need 1 battery at least with charger..

Posted to uk.d-i-y

whisky-dave expressed precisely :
whisky-dave wrote:
[...]

Lidl have been selling an interesting range of drills, matching
batteries and chargers recently. I noticed one was rated 4Ah.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20/05/2019 18:28, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
whisky-dave expressed precisely :
On Monday, 20 May 2019 15:04:58 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News)Â* wrote:
In article ,
Â*Â* whisky-dave wrote:
Ws looking around for a drill for use here in the lab. and a bit
confused by these options.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bosch-Cordl... teway&sr=8-1
Here on rapid 2 versions the 1 batt is called a impact driver and the
two batts version is a combo but they have the sameÂ* bosch ID .
https://www.rapidonline.com/bosch-ps...i-drill-300405.

Impact driver tends to be a phrase scattered around. In this case, it
means a hammer drill, as opposed to an impact driver designed to remove
stubborn nuts, etc.

I removeÂ* stubbon nuts from the lab at 5pm by shouting at them and
insiting they go home like I want to do ;-)

Do you need a hammer drill in your lab? Their normal used is drilling
into
masonry.

Well a month ago we asked for 4 coat hooks to be put on the wall so we
could hang such things up. I'm a bit bored of waiting and I'd like
this done before I retire in a handful of years or so. Also I don't
know in advance exactly what I might need to drill in the future, but
in the past having been asked to drill through a wall and to borrow
the Kango drill from maintaince department... might as well get one
that can do a little bit of masonry drilling, it's not like I'm
planning on drilling into a bank vault.Â* e also have a number of racks
[...]

according to their web site they aren't in until 29th May.

aldi have been selling 20V/40V tools that share the same battery.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 20 May 2019 14:07:58 UTC+1, whisky-dave wrote:
Ws looking around for a drill for use here in the lab.

and a bit confused by these options.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bosch-Cordl... teway&sr=8-1

Here on rapid 2 versions the 1 batt is called a impact driver and the two batts version is a combo but they have the same bosch ID .

https://www.rapidonline.com/bosch-ps...i-drill-300405.

Although B&Q for once seem to be cheapest.

https://www.diy.com/departments/bosc...3206333_BQ.prd

It was on my chair when I got in this morning, so I'm sorted now, time to do some drilling. :-)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20/05/2019 18:28, Harry Bloomfield wrote:

Lidl have been selling an interesting range of drills, matching
batteries and chargers recently. I noticed one was rated 4Ah.

Bosch have an interesting marketing trick, see if you can spot it.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bosch-Cordl...dp/B00L3XK06C/

--
Adrian C
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 23 May 2019 14:23:25 UTC+1, Adrian Caspersz wrote:
On 20/05/2019 18:28, Harry Bloomfield wrote:

Lidl have been selling an interesting range of drills, matching
batteries and chargers recently. I noticed one was rated 4Ah.

Bosch have an interesting marketing trick, see if you can spot it.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bosch-Cordl...dp/B00L3XK06C/

--
Adrian C

Don't think I have spotted it.

I now have that drill, it seems fine, nothing amazing to comment on, quite a bit of space left in the carry case which I might find useful.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/05/2019 14:48, whisky-dave wrote:
On Thursday, 23 May 2019 14:23:25 UTC+1, Adrian Caspersz wrote:
On 20/05/2019 18:28, Harry Bloomfield wrote:

Lidl have been selling an interesting range of drills, matching
batteries and chargers recently. I noticed one was rated 4Ah.

Bosch have an interesting marketing trick, see if you can spot it.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bosch-Cordl...dp/B00L3XK06C/

--
Adrian C

Don't think I have spotted it.

I now have that drill, it seems fine, nothing amazing to comment on,
quite a bit of space left in the carry case which I might find
useful.

It says 4AHr on the picture but you get 1.5AHr batteries.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 23 May 2019 14:23:25 UTC+1, Adrian CasperszÂ* wrote:
On 20/05/2019 18:28, Harry Bloomfield wrote:

Lidl have been selling an interesting range of drills, matching
batteries and chargers recently. I noticed one was rated 4Ah.

Bosch have an interesting marketing trick, see if you can spot it.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bosch-Cordl...dp/B00L3XK06C/

Don't think I have spotted it.

I now have that drill,Â* it seems fine, nothing amazing to comment on,
quite a bit of space left in the carry case which I might find
useful.

It says 4AHr on the picture but you get 1.5AHr batteries.

No it doesn't. The picture says 1.5 Ah. You're looking at the "Power
4All" branding on the yellow.

--
Max Demian
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 23 May 2019 17:04:54 UTC+1, dennis@home wrote:
On 23/05/2019 14:48, whisky-dave wrote:
On Thursday, 23 May 2019 14:23:25 UTC+1, Adrian Caspersz wrote:
On 20/05/2019 18:28, Harry Bloomfield wrote:

Lidl have been selling an interesting range of drills, matching
batteries and chargers recently. I noticed one was rated 4Ah.

Bosch have an interesting marketing trick, see if you can spot it.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bosch-Cordl...dp/B00L3XK06C/

--
Adrian C

Don't think I have spotted it.

I now have that drill, it seems fine, nothing amazing to comment on,
quite a bit of space left in the carry case which I might find
useful.

It says 4AHr on the picture but you get 1.5AHr batteries.

Max has now already pointed it out it does say 4ALL on the actual drill we bought, even so these images are usually 'representative' of range or similar
bit if it did say 4Ah then that could be called misleading.