Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default TomTom problem

My TomTom has lost its postcode file. General advice is to find a
replacement file and copy it into the root directory. Is there any
need for all this? Could I just do a factory reset and set it up
again using MyDrive? Would I could lose my saved locations or are
they stored in MyDrive?

No need to comment that I would be better off using my mobile phone as
I am aware this view is held by many :-)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 19 May 2019 09:38:25 +0100, Scott wrote:

My TomTom has lost its postcode file. General advice is to find a
replacement file and copy it into the root directory. Is there any need
for all this? Could I just do a factory reset and set it up again using
MyDrive? Would I could lose my saved locations or are they stored in
MyDrive?

No need to comment that I would be better off using my mobile phone as I
am aware this view is held by many :-)

First place to look is in the backup file on your PC. However TomTom only
keeps one backup, then over writes.

Possibly best way in future is to back up your TomTom as a USB drive to
your PC before using their software, then you have a history of backups
should you find something missing or corrupts some time later.

If you back it up manually in this way you might be able to recover your
POIs etc after an initialise back to factory.

Then again I use TomTom Home.

Cheers

Dave R

---

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19 May 2019 13:23:53 GMT, David wrote:

[...]

Thanks, but introducing it to MyDrive Connect and updating seems to
have solved the problem.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 19 May 2019 18:03:12 +0100, Scott
wrote:

[...]

Bizarrely, next day the postcode file seemed to have disappeared again
(no postcode search) then next time I turned it on, it was back !!!

Tomtom Start won't find satellites after software update Tim Downie[_3_] UK diy 28 December 1st 10 10:57 AM
TomTom Lawrence[_3_] UK diy 21 November 16th 10 12:09 AM
808 TomTom GPS 80874 Morales Electronics 0 July 16th 08 10:27 PM
508 TomTom GPS 50823 Morales Home Repair 0 July 16th 08 10:27 PM
TomTom ONE tamper proof screws Graham. UK diy 20 September 4th 07 05:09 PM