Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default Help with Windows (computer not glass ones)

For some reason my usual desktop has disappeared?

It used to sit there nicely with the icons on it I wanted.

Also Thunderbird will only fun on full screen.

There is probably more that I have yet to find out.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/05/2019 18:43, ARW wrote:
For some reason my usual desktop has disappeared?

It used to sit there nicely with the icons on it I wanted.

Also Thunderbird will only fun on full screen.

There is probably more that I have yet to find out.

I had to install a big security patch today, but my Win7
32 bit PC seems ok.

Did you install any of the latest Updates that appeared
today ?.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARW Wrote in message:
For some reason my usual desktop has disappeared?

It used to sit there nicely with the icons on it I wanted.

Also Thunderbird will only fun on full screen.

There is probably more that I have yet to find out.

--
Adam

Hold down Ctrl & Alt then strike Del.
Is there more than one user account visible?
If so try logging into them to see if one has your desktop.
--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/05/2019 18:43, ARW wrote:
For some reason my usual desktop has disappeared?

It used to sit there nicely with the icons on it I wanted.

Also Thunderbird will only fun on full screen.

There is probably more that I have yet to find out.

Which version of Windows?

But if Windows 10 check if you are in Tablet Mode and if so get out of
it. That's Settings System Tablet Mode top box

Another is to restart Windows Explorer: Ctrl+Shift+Esc for Task Manager,
right click Windows Explorer and Restart

--
Robin
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 16/05/2019 18:50, Andrew wrote:
On 16/05/2019 18:43, ARW wrote:
For some reason my usual desktop has disappeared?

It used to sit there nicely with the icons on it I wanted.

Also Thunderbird will only fun on full screen.

There is probably more that I have yet to find out.

I had to install a big security patch today, but my Win7
32 bit PC seems ok.

Did you install any of the latest Updates that appeared
today ?.

I did one a couple of days ago and never really used the computer since.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 16/05/2019 19:04, Robin wrote:
On 16/05/2019 18:43, ARW wrote:
For some reason my usual desktop has disappeared?

It used to sit there nicely with the icons on it I wanted.

Also Thunderbird will only fun on full screen.

There is probably more that I have yet to find out.

Which version of Windows?

But if Windows 10 check if you are in Tablet Mode and if so get out of
it.Â* That's Settings System Tablet Mode top box

Another is to restart Windows Explorer: Ctrl+Shift+Esc for Task Manager,
right click Windows Explorer and Restart

Ta very much.

After I spotted the NEW keyboard icon at the bottom I realised you were
correct.

Sorted.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"ARW" wrote in message
For some reason my usual desktop has disappeared?

It used to sit there nicely with the icons on it I wanted.

Also Thunderbird will only fun on full screen.

There is probably more that I have yet to find out.

You need to say which version of Win before anyone can say much useful.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 17 May 2019 07:47:51 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

For some reason my usual desktop has disappeared?

It used to sit there nicely with the icons on it I wanted.

Also Thunderbird will only fun on full screen.

There is probably more that I have yet to find out.

You need to say which version of Win before anyone can say much useful.

ONLY in your retarded senile "mind", senile Ozzietard!

little ignorant ****."
MID:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

The flavour of windows in use might be a good bit of info to have.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"ARW" wrote in message
For some reason my usual desktop has disappeared?

It used to sit there nicely with the icons on it I wanted.

Also Thunderbird will only fun on full screen.

There is probably more that I have yet to find out.

--
Adam

Drywall Screws nasty greasy drywall screws... any reason not to use the gold ones? RockHound Woodworking 12 May 2nd 11 11:22 AM
siphons (not toilet ones) Fred UK diy 19 July 25th 10 10:59 AM
Bottom power plugs do not work. Top ones work. [email protected] Home Repair 18 February 11th 07 06:39 PM
Unisaws...Are the Old Ones "Better" than the New Ones? Too_Many_Tools Woodworking 27 September 12th 06 02:34 PM
Installing cabinet knobs---bottom ones look too low, but are not. Thomas G. Marshall Woodworking 7 October 24th 05 11:51 PM