Old May 16th 19, 01:56 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Help needed to resolve a discussion

On Thu, 16 May 2019 03:21:23 -0700, whisky-dave wrote:

On Thursday, 16 May 2019 05:49:09 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
"ARW" wrote in message
On 14/05/2019 06:34, Graeme wrote:
In message , Rod Speed
writes
wrote in message
On Monday, 13 May 2019 22:37:39 UTC+1, Graeme wrote:
... although does think I'm a bit OCD because I always hang the
socks in pairs.

Why wouldn't you hang socks in pairs?

Too much farting around and they don’t dry as quickly.

No, no, no. In pairs as in two matching socks side by side, not two
socks sharing a peg.

I only have matching socks. ie 10 idendical pairs.

I have a hell of a lot more than just 10 pairs, bought 12 identical
pairs last saturday. Just 3 colors of all the same sox, must be about
40 pairs now.

Wow how adventurious. I tend to both wear and buy differnt socks
depending on the time of year.

I only buy one colour!

Old May 16th 19, 06:28 PM posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

wrote in message
On Monday, 13 May 2019 22:37:39 UTC+1, Graeme wrote:
... although does think I'm a bit OCD because I always hang the
socks in pairs.

Why wouldn't you hang socks in pairs?

Too much farting around and they don’t dry as quickly.

No, no, no. In pairs as in two matching socks side by side, not two
socks sharing a peg.

I only have matching socks. ie 10 idendical pairs.

I have a hell of a lot more than just 10 pairs, bought 12 identical
pairs last saturday. Just 3 colors of all the same sox, must be about
40 pairs now.

Wow how adventurious. I tend to both wear and buy differnt socks
depending on the time of year.

I only buy one colour!

Strictly speaking the gf follows my instructions and only buys me one
colour.

--
Adam
Old May 16th 19, 09:21 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
On Monday, 13 May 2019 22:37:39 UTC+1, Graeme wrote:
... although does think I'm a bit OCD because I always hang the
socks in pairs.

Why wouldn't you hang socks in pairs?

Too much farting around and they don’t dry as quickly.

No, no, no. In pairs as in two matching socks side by side, not two
socks sharing a peg.

I only have matching socks. ie 10 idendical pairs.

I have a hell of a lot more than just 10 pairs, bought 12 identical
pairs last saturday. Just 3 colors of all the same sox, must be about
40 pairs now.

Wow how adventurious. I tend to both wear and buy differnt socks
depending on the time of year.

I only buy one colour!

I tried to but when after a long search found sox that work
very well over a long haul of years, discovered that they
didn’t have the color I had chosen so had to add another.
Dramatically different colors so trivial to get a matching
pair from the massive great bin I have them all in.

Old May 16th 19, 09:36 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 17 May 2019 06:21:05 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Dramatically different colors so trivial to get a matching
pair from the massive great bin I have them all in.

Don't forget the many socks you are using on Usenet, you trolling,
nym-shifting senile arshoel!

--
Norman Wells addressing senile Rodent:
"Ah, the voice of scum speaks."