DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Adhesive for ABS plastic (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/635687-adhesive-abs-plastic.html)

tiptonian May 16th 19 12:02 AM

Adhesive for ABS plastic

2 Attachment(s)
Due to an unfortunate accident my spotting scope was knocked to the floor causing the part of the casing where the eyepiece attachment is made to snap off (see attached pics). I'm looking for recommendations for an adhesive that will give as strong a bond as possible due to the stresses it will see when the eyepiece is attached and manipulated. As far as I know the material is ABS.

I've found a couple of epoxy adhesives alledgedly for plastics - https://www.jb-weld.co.uk/j-b-weld-p...onder-syringes & Epoxy Repair: Plastic - UniBond. ANy thoughts on these or suggestions for alternatives please.