Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Checking USB power output

Following on from my brief foray into solar power, I noted that it wasn't
easy to measure the power output of the USB adapter.

Amazon offers, for instance
https://www.amazon.co.uk/COOWOO-Mult...y-Banks-Black/
dp/B06XFZFZX6/

or

https://www.amazon.co.uk/PortaPow-Mo...ers-Panels/dp/
B01CVMAK2M/.

I'm sure some people here have used such things. Does anyone have a
recommendation?

Should I be looking for USB 3 capability for the few USB 3 devices I use
(none of which are chargeable).

Cheers

Dave R

---

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"David" wrote in message
Following on from my brief foray into solar power, I noted that it wasn't
easy to measure the power output of the USB adapter.

Amazon offers, for instance
https://www.amazon.co.uk/COOWOO-Mult...y-Banks-Black/
dp/B06XFZFZX6/

or

https://www.amazon.co.uk/PortaPow-Mo...ers-Panels/dp/
B01CVMAK2M/.

I'm sure some people here have used such things. Does anyone have a
recommendation?

Should I be looking for USB 3 capability for the few USB 3 devices I use
(none of which are chargeable).

Cheers

Dave R

I use one of these with a dummy load ....

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UNI-T-UT6...981650db1950ba

Posted to uk.d-i-y

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/USB-Isola...W9bb zs3SoigA

Posted to uk.d-i-y

As fare as I can see usb3 is just the speed.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Jim" wrote in message

"David" wrote in message
Following on from my brief foray into solar power, I noted that it wasn't
easy to measure the power output of the USB adapter.

Amazon offers, for instance
https://www.amazon.co.uk/COOWOO-Mult...y-Banks-Black/
dp/B06XFZFZX6/

or

https://www.amazon.co.uk/PortaPow-Mo...ers-Panels/dp/
B01CVMAK2M/.

I'm sure some people here have used such things. Does anyone have a
recommendation?

Should I be looking for USB 3 capability for the few USB 3 devices I use
(none of which are chargeable).

Cheers

Dave R

I use one of these with a dummy load ....

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UNI-T-UT6...981650db1950ba

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14/05/2019 17:16, Brian Gaff wrote:
As fare as I can see usb3 is just the speed.
Brian

USB 3 can also provide more power.

As standard, USB 2 can provide up to 500mA; USB 3 up to 900mA and
special versions for fast charging connected devices, up to 1500mA.

SteveW

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14/05/2019 21:58, Steve Walker wrote:
On 14/05/2019 17:16, Brian Gaff wrote:
As fare as I can see usb3 is just the speed.
Â* Brian

USB 3 can also provide more power.

As standard, USB 2 can provide up to 500mA; USB 3 up to 900mA and
special versions for fast charging connected devices, up to 1500mA.

SteveW

The latest USB 3.1 (IIRC) can supply a lot more than that and at a
higher voltage than 5V.