Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Free printer

HP CP2025. Got all the inks in it including one that's never been used.
Also two more ink cartridges still in boxes. The printer prints more or
less OK from the manual feed (jams now and then) but not from the tray
at the bottom (jams immediately). The drivers are on the HP website.
It's been a really good printer with superb quality but I really
wouldn't know where to begin mending the paper feed.

Free but you'd have to collect it from S66. It's very heavy.

Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y

After serious thinking Bill Wright wrote :
HP CP2025. Got all the inks in it including one that's never been used. Also
two more ink cartridges still in boxes. The printer prints more or less OK
from the manual feed (jams now and then) but not from the tray at the bottom
(jams immediately). The drivers are on the HP website. It's been a really
good printer with superb quality but I really wouldn't know where to begin
mending the paper feed.

Free but you'd have to collect it from S66. It's very heavy.

Bill

That is a colour laser printer btw!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/05/2019 21:43, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
After serious thinking Bill Wright wrote :
HP CP2025. Got all the inks in it including one that's never been
used. Also two more ink cartridges still in boxes. The printer prints
more or less OK from the manual feed (jams now and then) but not from
the tray at the bottom (jams immediately). The drivers are on the HP
website. It's been a really good printer with superb quality but I
really wouldn't know where to begin mending the paper feed.

Free but you'd have to collect it from S66. It's very heavy.

Bill

That is a colour laser printer btw!

Yes and the ink cartridges in it and with it add up to about £250!

Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Bill Wright wrote:
HP CP2025. Got all the inks in it including one that's never been used.
Also two more ink cartridges still in boxes. The printer prints more or
less OK from the manual feed (jams now and then) but not from the tray
at the bottom (jams immediately). The drivers are on the HP website.
It's been a really good printer with superb quality but I really
wouldn't know where to begin mending the paper feed.

Have you tried replacing the pick up rollers?

It was the first suggestion that popped up after typing hp cp2025 into
google. Seems to be a common problem.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Bill Wright formulated on Thursday :
Yes and the ink cartridges in it and with it add up to about £250!

Toner cartridges!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim+ presented the following explanation :
Have you tried replacing the pick up rollers?

It was the first suggestion that popped up after typing hp cp2025 into
google. Seems to be a common problem.

I agree! The rollers are quite cheap for a set and usually you just
clip them into place, no major disassembly.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/05/2019 08:50, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Tim+ presented the following explanation :
Have you tried replacing the pick up rollers?

It was the first suggestion that popped up after typing hp cp2025 into
google.* Seems to be a common problem.

I agree! The rollers are quite cheap for a set and usually you just clip
them into place, no major disassembly.

+ you can find service manual online. Or just watch a Youtube video.
And the roller only costs a few quid.

--
Robin
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 9 May 2019 10:36:50 +0100, "Brian Gaff"
wrote:

Actually they are toner, not ink, but if you spill any do not take it up
with a vacuum cleaner, it will gum it all up.

Worse than that, is it not graphite that can get into the motor and
cause a fire?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Actually they are toner, not ink, but if you spill any do not take it up
with a vacuum cleaner, it will gum it all up.

Worse than that, is it not graphite that can get into the motor and
cause a fire?

No, it's plastic.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toner#...nd_manufacture
It will, however, pass through the filter of a typical vacuum, damaging
the vac and dispersing itself into the air. It's not good to breathe in.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Actually they are toner, not ink, but if you spill any do not take it up
with a vacuum cleaner, it will gum it all up.

Worse than that, is it not graphite that can get into the motor and
cause a fire?

No, it's plastic.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toner#...nd_manufacture
It will, however, pass through the filter of a typical vacuum, damaging
the vac and dispersing itself into the air. It's not good to breathe in.

Correction, there is a carbon content in black toner, so you're right as
well.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/05/2019 06:48, Tim+ wrote:
Bill Wright wrote:
HP CP2025. Got all the inks in it including one that's never been used.
Also two more ink cartridges still in boxes. The printer prints more or
less OK from the manual feed (jams now and then) but not from the tray
at the bottom (jams immediately). The drivers are on the HP website.
It's been a really good printer with superb quality but I really
wouldn't know where to begin mending the paper feed.

Have you tried replacing the pick up rollers?

I find it's usually enough to give them a good clean with something a
bit harsh like isopropyl, takes off the sheen that they develop.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/05/2019 10:36, Brian Gaff wrote:

Actually they are toner, not ink, but if you spill any do not take it up
with a vacuum cleaner, it will gum it all up.

So how do you clean it off a carpet?

--
Max Demian
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Actually they are toner, not ink, but if you spill any do not take it up
with a vacuum cleaner, it will gum it all up.

Worse than that, is it not graphite that can get into the motor and
cause a fire?

And it is so fine that it can be blown out of the exhaust and can then be
inhaled.

wish to copy them they can pay me Ā£1 a message.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 09 May 2019 11:57:51 +0100, Max Demian wrote:

On 09/05/2019 10:36, Brian Gaff wrote:

Actually they are toner, not ink, but if you spill any do not take it
up with a vacuum cleaner, it will gum it all up.

So how do you clean it off a carpet?

Special vacuum cleaner.

wish to copy them they can pay me Ā£1 a message.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/05/2019 08:47, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Bill Wright formulated on Thursday :
Yes and the ink cartridges in it and with it add up to about £250!

Toner cartridges!

Whatever

Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 08/05/2019 20:49, Bill Wright wrote:
HP CP2025. Got all the inks in it including one that's never been used.
Also two more ink cartridges still in boxes. The printer prints more or
less OK from the manual feed (jams now and then) but not from the tray
at the bottom (jams immediately). The drivers are on the HP website.
It's been a really good printer with superb quality but I really
wouldn't know where to begin mending the paper feed.

Free but you'd have to collect it from S66. It's very heavy.

Well the local Scouts seem interested (unless you decide to fix it).

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Max Demian wrote:
On 09/05/2019 10:36, Brian Gaff wrote:

Actually they are toner, not ink, but if you spill any do not take it up
with a vacuum cleaner, it will gum it all up.

So how do you clean it off a carpet?

Its what €œall risks contents insurance€ was made for. New carpet time. ;-)

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/05/2019 19:00, ARW wrote:
On 08/05/2019 20:49, Bill Wright wrote:
HP CP2025. Got all the inks in it including one that's never been
used. Also two more ink cartridges still in boxes. The printer prints
more or less OK from the manual feed (jams now and then) but not from
the tray at the bottom (jams immediately). The drivers are on the HP
website. It's been a really good printer with superb quality but I
really wouldn't know where to begin mending the paper feed.

Free but you'd have to collect it from S66. It's very heavy.

Well the local Scouts seem interested (unless you decide to fix it).

I'm not going to fix it. Can't be arsed.

Bill

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 10/05/2019 04:04, Bill Wright wrote:
On 09/05/2019 19:00, ARW wrote:
On 08/05/2019 20:49, Bill Wright wrote:
HP CP2025. Got all the inks in it including one that's never been
used. Also two more ink cartridges still in boxes. The printer prints
more or less OK from the manual feed (jams now and then) but not from
the tray at the bottom (jams immediately). The drivers are on the HP
website. It's been a really good printer with superb quality but I
really wouldn't know where to begin mending the paper feed.

Free but you'd have to collect it from S66. It's very heavy.

Well the local Scouts seem interested (unless you decide to fix it).

I'm not going to fix it. Can't be arsed.

I'll probably see you over the weekend.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/05/2019 19:00, ARW wrote:
On 08/05/2019 20:49, Bill Wright wrote:
HP CP2025. Got all the inks in it including one that's never been
used. Also two more ink cartridges still in boxes. The printer
prints more or less OK from the manual feed (jams now and then) but
not from the tray at the bottom (jams immediately). The drivers are
on the HP website. It's been a really good printer with superb
quality but I really wouldn't know where to begin mending the paper
feed.

Free but you'd have to collect it from S66. It's very heavy.

Well the local Scouts seem interested (unless you decide to fix it).

I'm not going to fix it. Can't be arsed.

I'll probably see you over the weekend.

Righto. Ring me though because I'm in and out.

Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 10/05/2019 15:15, Bill Wright wrote:

I'll probably see you over the weekend.

Righto. Ring me though because I'm in and out.

You should have email.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/05/2019 12:25, Pamela wrote:

I also avoid certain brands of paper as they give continual misfeeds.

We have a Samsung laser printer (mono) which consistently jams when we give it Sainsbury's paper - works ok most of the time on other brands. It's odd as there's no visible or tactical difference in the papers. Which ones do you find give problems?

--
Clive Page
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 11 May 2019 16:11:51 +0100, Clive Page wrote:

On 09/05/2019 12:25, Pamela wrote:

I also avoid certain brands of paper as they give continual misfeeds.

We have a Samsung laser printer (mono) which consistently jams when we
give it Sainsbury's paper - works ok most of the time on other brands.
It's odd as there's no visible or tactical difference in the papers.
Which ones do you find give problems?

I don't know where to get tactical paper, but it sounds interesting

Anyway...my ancient LaserJet 4 machines don't like Niceday paper, or
Xerox. They work fine with DataCopy, which I can get at a good price from
friends of my son.

I suspect moisture content may have something to do with it.

wish to copy them they can pay me Ā£1 a message.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

https://www.waterproofpaper.com/military-paper.shtml

Anyway...my ancient LaserJet 4 machines don't like Niceday paper, or
Xerox. They work fine with DataCopy, which I can get at a good price from
friends of my son.

My Konica (which is waiting to go to the great recycling plant in the sky after 14 years and just 1500 pages) was fine on Xerox paper from Tesco.

I remember DataCopy - used to get that at a "very good price" from work :-)

Owain

FREE FREE FREE FREE burfordTjustice Home Repair 0 March 14th 17 12:21 PM
FREE! FREE! FREE! fit UK diy 4 October 23rd 09 06:04 PM
Free Laptop Repair Manuals Printer manuals and Support [email protected] Home Repair 1 February 22nd 07 11:09 PM
Free Laptop Repair Manuals Printer manuals and Support TUFFY UK diy 1 February 21st 07 09:34 PM
What to do when lint free cloth isn't lint free? Stacey Woodworking 5 September 1st 05 07:44 PM