Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default New boiler in a council house

The gf's boiler was condemned when it was serviced.

First of all the asbestos test "needs" to be done.

Council "We need to have an asbestos test done"
Gf "Why?"
Council "In case there is any asbestos"
Gf "There was no asbestos when you did the last test 13 years ago"
Council "You still need to have one done"
Gf "Why?"
Council "I just has to be done"
Gf "If it had no asbestos 13 years ago it will not have any now"
Council "It's the law"

Gf then points out that she has had no hot water or central heating

Council then send her a fan heater and tell her to use the immersion heater.

Gf points out that there is no flex between the immersion switch and the
immersion heater.

Council sends out an electrician to sort this out.

Gf then calls me to see if the council electrician can have a bit of
heat resistant flex from my van as he has not got any.

Three days later a smug ******* turns up in an Audi to take asbestos
samples and looks at her existing asbestos report that says there is no
asbestos.

Council fail to call gf to say what is happening with a replacement boiler.

Gf calls council and is told that it will be fitted before the 30th May.

I know that it's about her time of the month and some poor sod at the
council is going to get a loud phone call on Monday morning.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 27/04/2019 23:00, Tim Streater wrote:
In article , ARW
wrote:

[...]

Which council is this? And what does your/her local councillor have to
say for themselves?

My local councillor will say anything you want him to "within reason" as
long as you cross his palm with silver.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

I strongly suspect this is the result of outsourcing. It happening
everywhere and there are so many little companies sub contracted to do bits
and pieces and the old council data is long lost. Corporate amnesia has set
in as the council helpdesk people are on minimum term contracts of 3 months
and likely not to be there when the **** hits the fan in any case.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"ARW" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 27/04/2019 21:57, ARW wrote:
[...]

That's where you went wrong. Shouldn't have provided the report and
should have demanded a full survey.

Council fail to call gf to say what is happening with a replacement boiler.

Gf calls council and is told that it will be fitted before the 30th May.

I know that it's about her time of the month and some poor sod at the
council is going to get a loud phone call on Monday morning.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Richard wrote:
On 27/04/2019 21:57, ARW wrote:
[...]

Brilliant idea till that finds some accessible Asbestos that was missed in
previous removal exercise and inspections.
Then Adams GF finds herself relocated in temporary accommodation for a few
weeks if not longer while the issue is dealt with.

GH

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Feasibility studies, reports, excessive checking it all seems to have produced a whole industry of bean counters that seem to suck money away from the actual projects themselves. Nearby we have a by pass with National Speed limit applied on one side is a village, on the other side is the train station many use daily. Currently the pedestrian crossing is at ground level the only saving grace being that it is near a roundabout so traffic is slowing down at least on one side although accelerating on the other. Crossing the four lanes is a most hazardous adventure and the villagers have been requesting a safer alternative for years. Last year the local council announced a feasibility study, and unless it was a typo in the local press, at a cost of £300,000. You could build most of a pedestrian bridge for that sort of money!

I believe Leeds have spent in the order of £130 million in proposals for a mass transit system all of which have been rejected and still have nothing to show for it. I know sometimes you have to spend some money to find out if a project is viable but it seems these days the sums are mind boggling.

Richard
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 28/04/2019 10:50, Marland wrote:
Richard wrote:
On 27/04/2019 21:57, ARW wrote:
[...]

In that unlikely event, if she had her head screwed on right, she could
probably stick in a claim for compensation using the original report as
evidence. Should the original report be inaccurate, she could try for
trauma having just found out that the council has exposed her to the
hazard for some time.
Either way, the **** getting public funds for doing nothing would have
had to at least pretend to do an inspection.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 27/04/2019 21:57, ARW wrote:

Gf then calls me to see if the council electrician can have a bit of
heat resistant flex from my van as he has not got any.

I was anticipating that. So pleased it went to form.

Out of interest, why didn't you just fix it for her?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 28/04/2019 14:29, GB wrote:
On 27/04/2019 21:57, ARW wrote:

Gf then calls me to see if the council electrician can have a bit of
heat resistant flex from my van as he has not got any.

I was anticipating that. So pleased it went to form.

Out of interest, why didn't you just fix it for her?

I would have had the council not already sent out their electrician. He
waited 20 minutes for me to get home from work.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

they should have never built council houses......

--
Report a bad lying Freemason to Mr Baker of UGLE Audi Vide Tace

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 28/04/2019 17:15, ARW wrote:
On 28/04/2019 14:29, GB wrote:
On 27/04/2019 21:57, ARW wrote:

Gf then calls me to see if the council electrician can have a bit of
heat resistant flex from my van as he has not got any.

I was anticipating that. So pleased it went to form.

Out of interest, why didn't you just fix it for her?

I would have had the council not already sent out their electrician. He
waited 20 minutes for me to get home from work.
I hope you didn't expect him to do anything constructive with that time.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Richard Wrote in message:
On 28/04/2019 17:15, ARW wrote:
On 28/04/2019 14:29, GB wrote:
On 27/04/2019 21:57, ARW wrote:

Gf then calls me to see if the council electrician can have a bit of
heat resistant flex from my van as he has not got any.

I was anticipating that. So pleased it went to form.

Out of interest, why didn't you just fix it for her?

I would have had the council not already sent out their electrician. He
waited 20 minutes for me to get home from work.
I hope you didn't expect him to do anything constructive with that time.

Shag the gf?
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote

they should have never built council houses......

I agree, you should have been in a workhouse instead.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 29 Apr 2019 07:58:29 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

they should have never built council houses......

I agree, you should have been in a workhouse instead.

I bet everyone agrees that you belong in a madhouse, you clinically insane
senile asshole!

--
Sqwertz to Rot Speed:
asshole.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 28/04/2019 19:50, Jim K.. wrote:
Richard Wrote in message:
On 28/04/2019 17:15, ARW wrote:
On 28/04/2019 14:29, GB wrote:
On 27/04/2019 21:57, ARW wrote:

Gf then calls me to see if the council electrician can have a bit of
heat resistant flex from my van as he has not got any.

I was anticipating that. So pleased it went to form.

Out of interest, why didn't you just fix it for her?

I would have had the council not already sent out their electrician. He
waited 20 minutes for me to get home from work.
I hope you didn't expect him to do anything constructive with that time.

Shag the gf?

I upset a pervert at work today.

He shouted "I'll bet you are going straight for the knickers drawer" in
front of the customer who had just handed me their house key over as
they set off to work.

I shouted back "No, the laundry basket as that is where the best
flavours are".

It's a good job I know that customer.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 30/04/2019 19:23, ARW wrote:
On 28/04/2019 19:50, Jim K.. wrote:
Richard Wrote in message:
On 28/04/2019 17:15, ARW wrote:
On 28/04/2019 14:29, GB wrote:
On 27/04/2019 21:57, ARW wrote:

Gf then calls me to see if the council electrician can have a bit of
heat resistant flex from my van as he has not got any.

I was anticipating that. So pleased it went to form.

Out of interest, why didn't you just fix it for her?

I would have had the council not already sent out their electrician. He
waited 20 minutes for me to get home from work.
I hope you didn't expect him to do anything constructive with that
time.

Shag the gf?

I upset a pervert at work today.

He shouted "I'll bet you are going straight for the knickers drawer" in
front of the customer who had just handed me their house key over as
they set off to work.

I shouted back "No, the laundry basket as that is where the best
flavours are".

It's a good job I know that customer.

One customer who has not left a bitter taste in the mouth...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 28 April 2019 11:21:15 UTC+1, Tricky Dicky wrote:
[...]

If a bridge was to be built,no-one would use it. Too idle to climb the stairs.

They'd prefer to dart through the traffic.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Richard Wrote in message:
On 30/04/2019 19:23, ARW wrote:
On 28/04/2019 19:50, Jim K.. wrote:

[...]