Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Grease

Can someone please tell me where I put the hi-temp grease I got a couple of years ago? Cos I can't find it, and I do need it.

I really need to create a new 'what's where' list on computer. That worked very well... until it all got rearranged & not recatalogued.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Mr Pounder Esquire
writes
wrote:
Can someone please tell me where I put the hi-temp grease I got a
couple of years ago? Cos I can't find it, and I do need it.

I really need to create a new 'what's where' list on computer. That
worked very well... until it all got rearranged & not recatalogued.

NT

It's in the fridge, next to the garage key that you lost 12 months ago.

Nah! It's on the shelf next to the valve re-grinder suction cup stick
that you used after replacing that head gasket.

--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 21 April 2019 18:50:23 UTC+1, wrote:
Can someone please tell me where I put the hi-temp grease I got a
couple of years ago? Cos I can't find it, and I do need it.

I can't, but I found my drill chuck key today, in a pack of doorknobs.

I don't know why it was there as the chuck itself was still fixed to the plaster mixing paddle.

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

tabbypurr wrote:

Can someone please tell me where I put the hi-temp grease I got a
couple of years ago? Cos I can't find it, and I do need it.

I really need to create a new 'what's where' list on computer. That
worked very well... until it all got rearranged & not recatalogued.

NT

It's in the fridge, next to the garage key that you lost 12 months
ago.

Nah! It's on the shelf next to the valve re-grinder suction cup stick
that you used after replacing that head gasket.

I have a very big garden gate with two padlocks. I lost the spare keys 12
months ago. I still have nightmares about this.

those are at least easy to pick.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

tabbypurr wrote:

Can someone please tell me where I put the hi-temp grease I got a
couple of years ago? Cos I can't find it, and I do need it.

I really need to create a new 'what's where' list on computer. That
worked very well... until it all got rearranged & not recatalogued.

NT

It's in the fridge, next to the garage key that you lost 12 months ago.

Nah! It's on the shelf next to the valve re-grinder suction cup stick
that you used after replacing that head gasket.

Then I've got a problem, I've moved since then.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 21 April 2019 20:59:43 UTC+1, wrote:
On Sunday, 21 April 2019 18:50:23 UTC+1, tabby wrote:
Can someone please tell me where I put the hi-temp grease I got a
couple of years ago? Cos I can't find it, and I do need it.

I can't, but I found my drill chuck key today, in a pack of doorknobs.

I don't know why it was there as the chuck itself was still fixed to the plaster mixing paddle.

Owain

I found myself without mine today, due to using a small drill I don't use much. Stuck a nail in the hole in the side of the chuck, and used a screwdriver into the teeth to tighten it. Worked fine.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 21 April 2019 23:02:44 UTC+1, Steve Walker wrote:
On 21/04/2019 22:32, tabbypurr wrote:

I found myself without mine today, due to using a small drill I don't use much. Stuck a nail in the hole in the side of the chuck, and used a screwdriver into the teeth to tighten it. Worked fine.

My pillar drill and chuck-key stay together on the bench; my mains and
battery hammer drills have keyless chucks; so only the add on chuck for
my SDS drill has a key that moves around and I make sure that that goes
in the accessory box within the drill's case so that I can always find it.

Back when my mains and battery drills had keyed chucks, I used a plastic
strap to keep the key permanently attached to the mains lead and the

I always do that. It's mad watching people spend so much time looking for their chuck keys. But somehow they got separated.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
[...]

Just the Alzhiemers, nothing to worry about.

You'll be losing your clothes soon and wandering around starkers.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Ah yes I do this on my Echo dot then forget to put stuff back in the right
place.
I was going to be silly and suggest perhaps its melted.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
wrote in message
Can someone please tell me where I put the hi-temp grease I got a couple
of years ago? Cos I can't find it, and I do need it.

I really need to create a new 'what's where' list on computer. That worked
very well... until it all got rearranged & not recatalogued.

NT

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Marland wrote:

Am I the only one who having got used to years of using a cordless
with a keyless chuck and giving the tool a quick burst while holding
the it till it grips got a painful reminder that method doesnt work
too well with an inherited mains drill with a keyed chuck.

I used that method before getting a proper keyless chuck, it's a matter
of using a sufficiently loose grip, then giving the chuck a squeeze
after you've let go the trigger ...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 22 Apr 2019 11:31:15 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

I always do that. It's mad watching people spend so much time
looking for their chuck keys. But somehow they got separated.

Just the Alzhiemers, nothing to worry about.

You'll be losing your clothes soon and wandering around starkers.

You should know, you 85-year-old obnoxious senile pest!

--
Norman Wells addressing senile Rot:
"Ah, the voice of scum speaks."
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/04/2019 07:52, Brian Gaff wrote:
More likely it was lent to a friend who still has it.
Brian

Most women know where exactly everything is, at any one time.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/04/2019 14:17, Andrew wrote:
On 22/04/2019 07:52, Brian Gaff wrote:
More likely it was lent to a friend who still has it.
Â* Brian

Most women know where exactly everything is, at any one time.

ha ha my wife puts things in a safe place and I never see the stuff
again .......
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Marland wrote:

Am I the only one who having got used to years of using a cordless with a
keyless chuck

Speaking of which, on my Bosch drills I am finding that it is
increasingly difficult to press hard enough on the button which
stops the chuck rotating whilst adjusting it. I guess it is
simply the passage of time.

I don't expect a "GoodGrips" version any time soon. :-(

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK
@ChrisJDixon1