Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Grand Designs - The Street

Been watching the latest Grand Designs series - The Street. Some
interesting diy builds going on, and of course they all go over
budget!
What you don't see is that the site is right next to a railway line,
the other side of which is quite a big sewage works!!
Just pop "Graven Hill, Bicester" into Google Maps and select the
aerial view.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19/04/2019 12:03, Davidm wrote:
Been watching the latest Grand Designs series - The Street. Some
interesting diy builds going on, and of course they all go over
budget!
What you don't see is that the site is right next to a railway line,
the other side of which is quite a big sewage works!!
Just pop "Graven Hill, Bicester" into Google Maps and select the
aerial view.

The plots seem to be very small and so there's little space between the
houses.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 19 April 2019 16:13:48 UTC+1, F wrote:
The plots seem to be very small and so there's little space between the
houses.

And the prices!

£300k for a two bedroom terrace, I think I saw.

You can get 4 bed houses in Milton Keynes for less.

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 19 April 2019 17:48:16 UTC+1, Peter Johnson wrote:
They are all detached. (Agree that the plot size looks small.)

https://www.gravenhill.co.uk/plots/112/

is definately a 2 bed terrace (but they build it for you).

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 19 Apr 2019 10:51:48 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

On Friday, 19 April 2019 17:48:16 UTC+1, Peter Johnson wrote:
They are all detached. (Agree that the plot size looks small.)

https://www.gravenhill.co.uk/plots/112/

is definately a 2 bed terrace (but they build it for you).

Yes. I should have looked at the website before I posted. But K
McCloud implies that the entire development is of self builds, which
must be detatched.