Old April 17th 19, 01:16 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Default TOT: Dyson shocking

On 16/04/2019 12:39, Scott wrote:
On Tue, 16 Apr 2019 12:17:17 +0100, newshound
wrote:

On 16/04/2019 11:52, alan_m wrote:
On 16/04/2019 10:01, Scott wrote:
I have a Dyson V8 cordless vacuum cleaner.* I have noticed I get a
very minor electric shock by touching the LEDs when in use.* How can
this be?

The vacuum cleaner is plastic and insulated. Dust being sucked up
generates static. You are just discharging static electricity.

Yes almost certainly static. But the OP did not report whether it was a
single shock, or a continuous "tingle". It is important to recognise the
difference, since the former does not matter but the latter does.

I think it's each time you touch the LED. I shall experiment further.

Yes but is it a continous tingle, or a one-off jolt.

TOT: Dyson shocking Brian Gaff UK diy 1 April 18th 19 07:00 PM
TOT: Dyson shocking Brian Gaff UK diy 1 April 16th 19 06:44 PM
TOT: Dyson shocking Brian Gaff UK diy 0 April 16th 19 03:38 PM
TOT: Dyson shocking Brian Gaff UK diy 0 April 16th 19 03:30 PM
TOT: Dyson shocking Brian Gaff UK diy 0 April 16th 19 03:28 PM